(Topic ID: 94480)

Metallica owners: Are you happy with your machine?

By Minneapolispin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8104 (resized).JPG
20170715_153308 (resized).jpg
20170715_153247 (resized).jpg
image-712.jpg
image-333.jpg
IMGP1330.JPG
IMGP1328.JPG
image-610.jpg
20140813_214044.jpg
photo.JPG
IMG_0641.jpg
WIN_20140706_115123.JPG
WIN_20140705_052854.JPG
image.jpg
image-634.jpg
image-938.jpg
There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Messed it up for you.

Corrected it for you.

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

He must have installed a shaker

yes I do have a shaker installed, only way to go

#253 9 years ago

Did the lower green plastics yesterdayimage-610.jpgimage-610.jpg

1 week later
#254 9 years ago

Question: Does the snake come with the fangs from factory, or is it a mod?

#256 9 years ago

The first ones released from factory came with the fangs.

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The first ones released from factory came with the fangs.

I wonder what % of those still have their fangs?

#258 9 years ago

the green plastics + green lights are very good

i have done the other way, matching the purple of the plastics & the playfield, its very nice too, but pictures didnt gave justice at all, seems more blue than purple (same for the coffin, its green and it seems ceylan)

bah...

IMGP1328.JPGIMGP1328.JPG

IMGP1330.JPGIMGP1330.JPG

#259 9 years ago

I ef'n love mine MOPLE! !!!!!!!!

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I still have the factory fangs on my early Pro.

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

. I love the band and artwork but mechanical and depth issues really ruin it for me.

I've never had ANY issue with my drop targets, breaking or sticking, and if you have "depth issues" with MET, the only games you should ever own are TSPP and LOTR.

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've never had ANY issue with my drop targets, breaking or sticking, and if you have "depth issues" with MET, the only games you should ever own are TSPP and LOTR.

I have depth issues with Metallica too.... I don't know if I should go for sparky off the bat and get CIU lit then do MOP mb followed by another CIU...Or should I get the snake super skill shot and get MOP mb then sparky mb to get S&D rolling quick.... Or should I go for a piston super skill shot and get the 2X pf going right away....Or maybe keep it standard and do the S&D super skill shot and work on those.....Or should I start bashing on the coffin and get an ultimate stack of endless multiballs but miss out on a CIU mode or not....And should I start fade to black when I have FUEL going or should I be risky and go for enter sandman w fuel..... Or should I try and get S&D going then start CIU for whom the bell tolls..... Or should I go for pick targets in my multiballs and focus on lighting blackened?

...yes I have depth issues

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Mine is an early run and I'm still sporting both fangs.

#264 9 years ago

Location machines I've seen with drop target issues for sure. Not on mine at home though.

1 month later
#265 9 years ago

My pro came with fangs and one tooth broke off the first night of playing. I replaced the snake head with Imdarras one with red led eyes, and put mezels fangs with it. Havent had any issues at all since.

I found the broken tooth in the coin box, somehow it rattled down and fell in there.

#266 9 years ago

Been playing my METLE for over a year now & the only problem is that the rest of the collection has been fairly neglected! Never thought I'd buy a NIB...but I'm sure glad I did with this game - ALL TIME GREAT!

#267 9 years ago

Took off the glass and gave my met a good wipe down with N1 today. Replaced the sling spot lamp bulbs with what i hear stern is putting in the new met pro led machines, a warm white double led from CT. I do like it. Been experimenting with differnt GI leds specifically for in the spots. These seem to work really well.

Next sale from CT. Im prob gonna order some both in 555 and 44/47 base and swap out the GI esp in places where u can see the bulb. (Slings, etc). Ive used warm white frosted leds under the plastics in the back corners and thos seem to work pretty good (no hot spots).

2 weeks later
#268 9 years ago

I'm thinking of grabbing a METPremium. Would be my first NIB. I've played it a couple of times and really like it, like the music, art etc. Last time I played it i really 'paid attention' since it was on my radar to buy. It was a little floaty...I could chalk it up to it being a pin out on location and not setup right but I wanted to get the take of owners here.

One of the reasons I am shying away from TWD is because its too gruesome for my young kids...Wondering, with a MET dialed down to 'family setting' (or whatever it has) is it appropriate for kids? Thanks guys

#269 9 years ago

1 simple word to answer the original question....................YEP!

#89 METLE

#270 9 years ago

Yep!!

image-333.jpgimage-333.jpgimage-712.jpgimage-712.jpg

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I'm thinking of grabbing a METPremium. Would be my first NIB. I've played it a couple of times and really like it, like the music, art etc. Last time I played it i really 'paid attention' since it was on my radar to buy. It was a little floaty...I could chalk it up to it being a pin out on location and not setup right but I wanted to get the take of owners here.
One of the reasons I am shying away from TWD is because its too gruesome for my young kids...Wondering, with a MET dialed down to 'family setting' (or whatever it has) is it appropriate for kids? Thanks guys

If you turn off the adult setting, most of the cursing is beeped in the callouts. Nothing is censored in the song lyrics though. So The f bomb isnt bleeped in the lyrics of the song fuel, etc. My kids (3.5 and 12) play and i dont have any problems with it. I keep the adult language turned off for them.

The older one is mature enough to not repeat stuff she may hear. And the running joke i have with her is the the sparky magnet might pull her braces and stick her face to the glass... Haha.

The younger one just flips for 2 minutes and walks away,

1 week later
#272 9 years ago

Yes, I am happy, since I have changed the songs.....(sorry for the poor quality cell phone video.)

#273 9 years ago

Mine is a full pimped pro that is played tons and I've had ZERO issues, love it!!!

#274 9 years ago

Got mine last week, first NIB.

Love it so far but am just starting to learn the different modes/rules.

I was playing last night and it occurred to me that it's 'pretty much' hit one of the 4 main items repeatedly and get multiball. Besides lady liberty, are there other 'missions/modes' I should be watching for or is it basically do what you can to start up multiball with each ball?

Either way it's fun and since I'm a very crappy player I assume I'm missing some of the depth.

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I was playing last night and it occurred to me that it's 'pretty much' hit one of the 4 main items repeatedly and get multiball.

The good news is that there is a lot more! Collecting items for Crank it Up, getting shots fully lit to make that easier which leads to Seek and Destroy, and a couple I haven't figured out yet.

3 years later
#276 6 years ago

#86 Year of Master of puppets release
Still going strong, My favorite pinball of all time

Would be perfect if Lyman can complete graveyard code

Such an epic game ! has got the lot !

YES, Very Happy

20170715_153247 (resized).jpg20170715_153247 (resized).jpg

20170715_153308 (resized).jpg20170715_153308 (resized).jpg

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I found 1 fang in the bottom rear cab during a tune up a few weeks ago
Saved it in the coin box for the tooth fairy

1 year later
#278 4 years ago

Love mine. Sold my 1st one a couple of years ago and just got another about a month ago. This time it is staying.

#279 4 years ago

Mine is definitely more interesting now. Die hard Metallica fans should look away...

Don't worry, there is some Disturbed, Volbeat, Poison, etc on there, but when I found out that the Humpty Dance was the right length to fit, I couldn't help myself.
IMG_8104 (resized).JPGIMG_8104 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-are-you-happy-with-your-machine/page/6?hl=gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.