(Topic ID: 94480)

Metallica owners: Are you happy with your machine?

By Minneapolispin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8104 (resized).JPG
20170715_153308 (resized).jpg
20170715_153247 (resized).jpg
image-712.jpg
image-333.jpg
IMGP1330.JPG
IMGP1328.JPG
image-610.jpg
20140813_214044.jpg
photo.JPG
IMG_0641.jpg
WIN_20140706_115123.JPG
WIN_20140705_052854.JPG
image.jpg
image-634.jpg
image-938.jpg
There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 9 years ago

Ya and also the art is insane,so fkn nice!

#202 9 years ago

WIN_20140706_115123.JPGWIN_20140706_115123.JPG

Finally pit up a decent score, had 119 million on the 4 horseman.

#203 9 years ago

What are met pros selling for? Im interested in one or an ACDC. Or both...lol

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from canea:

A flipper skip for that animation would be rad as it's the only thing that slows down the game.

Yes, no joke there. It's the only thing that's actually on my wish list that Lyman hasn't introduced yet.

But you know what...all of the game I own have ridiculously large multiball start animations. Jackbot's is easily 10+ seconds while it does it's Mystery Science Theatre homage, and STTNG's is pretty long too, IMO, espeically if you include the inital cannon sequence and you make all three shots to the mode start hole.

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from Leeps:

What are met pros selling for? Im interested in one or an ACDC. Or both...lol

I got mine for $4700 from Twistedpins.com and that was with free shipping. The game arrived direct from Stern within 48 hours of production and works flawlessly out of the box.

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I got mine for $4700 from Twistedpins.com and that was with free shipping. The game arrived direct from Stern with 48 hours of production and works flawlessly out of the box.

Mine was about $200 cheaper than that, so shop around...

#207 9 years ago

Love my METLE, wouldn't be selling if I weren't raising funds to buy my Unicorn pin.

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I got mine for $4700 from Twistedpins.com and that was with free shipping. The game arrived direct from Stern with 48 hours of production and works flawlessly out of the box.

You paid shipping. Just saying.

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You paid shipping. Just saying.

Yup

3 weeks later
#210 9 years ago

Hello MET-Club

My MET drives me crazy ... better .. the snake drives me crazy. We call it "snake lotto" the chance is 80% that the snake throws the ball exactly between the flipperbats.
I removed the whole mechanik, brought on the the fangs and tongue , checked everything and rebuild. Same effect.
I raised the machine with the left legs .. little better but now the pin is looking imbalanced.
I put a piece of tape in the smake, on the right side ... no change.

Any suggestion how to adjust the snake mechanic ??

It is a stunning game, first STERN game I really like but the snake is horrible ...

Cheers
Tom

#211 9 years ago

Strange I have never had the snake cause a SDTM drain.

Quoted from TomDK:Hello MET-Club
My MET drives me crazy ... better .. the snake drives me crazy. We call it "snake lotto" the chance is 80% that the snake throws the ball exactly between the flipperbats.
I removed the whole mechanik, brought on the the fangs and tongue , checked everything and rebuild. Same effect.
I raised the machine with the left legs .. little better but now the pin is looking imbalanced.
It is a stunning game, first STERN game I really like but the snake is horrible ...
Cheers
Tom

#212 9 years ago

Me regularly ;-((
Also changed the coils power in the setting ... so it get more or less fast in the middle ...

Will try to bend the unit later today ...

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Hello MET-Club
Cheers
Tom

Premium or Pro snake? I have never had the ball go SDTM from the snake kickout. Maybe the VUK that ejects the ball isn't hitting the ball center?

Rob

#214 9 years ago

Make sure your game is level and at 6.5°

#215 9 years ago

Never did that to me.... Snake is perfect

#216 9 years ago

Get that crap outta here! 7.5° minimum.

#217 9 years ago

I've only had mine a few days so haven't really investigated, but probably 25% of the time, my snake bounces the ball off the side of the pick target and directly to the left outlane. Either target or snake needs to be adjusted.

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Hello MET-Club
Cheers
Tom

I have a pro (nib). For the first three or four weeks everything was fine. Then, all of a sudden, the snake starts shooting the ball SDTM about 40/50% of the time. I even asked for help on pinside. I did all of "fixes" you have done, and more. Nothing seemed to help. Then, after maybe three weeks of this down the middle stuff, it stopped. I don't really know what happened. Maybe my messing around with the snake had some delayed reaction. I would say in the last 250+ games I have not had one down the middle. So give it some time and see what happens.

#219 9 years ago

There's a screw that goes into the lower snake jaw that holds an angled plate into place - depending on how the ball launches off of this plate you may see the ball catch air or go straight down the middle, at least in my experience with my LE.

#220 9 years ago

absoFkinLutely Satisfied with this Freaking awesome Game . Premium all the way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#221 9 years ago

After reading all the excellent reviews I feel this is one pin I would like to have....how much is a NIB premium and from what distributor would you recommend me to order one?

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I've only had mine a few days so haven't really investigated, but probably 25% of the time, my snake bounces the ball off the side of the pick target and directly to the left outlane. Either target or snake needs to be adjusted.

Glad you got one Pincrush. That's another now in the DFW area. What version did you purchase? I bought a pro back at TPF this spring. This game is amazing. The honeymoon period is over and I am still loving this game and playing it daily. Seriously I believe this is the best Stern game right behind Tron. Definitely deserves a top 10 placement in the pinball ranking. What other pin offers basically 6 different wizard modes. I've never made it to End of The Line yet, is that a mode? If so make that 7 wizard modes. (4 crank it ups, seek & destroy, blackened). Love the animations during Blackened.

My high is 180 million. Then my 11 year old did this Tuesday. So much for me being on the top.

IMG_0641.jpgIMG_0641.jpg
#224 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Glad you got one Pincrush. That's another now in the DFW area. What version did you purchase?

Thanks, Hassell! I grabbed a NIB LE that a local guy had been holding on to. Was able to move my Black Spider-man a few months back and was just waiting to pounce on the first locally available Premium or LE. I wasn't looking for NIB, but it just kinda fell in my lap. Never really liked BSM, so this is a smokin' upgrade for me! Absolutely love it so far!!

What other pin offers basically 6 different wizard modes. I've never made it to End of The Line yet, is that a mode? If so make that 7 wizard modes.

Yes, the software is right up my alley. Much more so than the other pinside favorite ACDC (I have that too). Where I had to learn to appreciate the ACDC code, Metallica just naturally falls into my wheel house with all the modes and progression opportunities. This could usurp LOTR as my favorite Stern, but will have to see if it has the same legs.

My high is 180 million. Then my 11 year old did this Tuesday. So much for me being on the top.

In my first handful of games, I put up a $100M plus score, but haven't approached that since. Your kid knocked it out of the park!

1 week later
#225 9 years ago

Just got a MET Pro. I love it!!!

#226 9 years ago

I've had mine for about 13 months and it's probably my favorite pin that I currently own. I added a lot of little mods and customized it quite a bit. I really love it and am probably going to add a Flipper Fidelity system soon. I'm an AWFUL player, but the bash toys are so fun it appeals to many different skill levels.

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

In my first handful of games, I put up a $100M plus score, but haven't approached that since. Your kid knocked it out of the park!

Just wait until you get practiced on the Crank it Ups. I think my CIU scores on Fade to Black and one of the others are both over 180 million.... my high on my pro is like 435 mil.....never gotten to End of the Line either. =| Would offer to help with your snake jaw but currently working 70-75 hours a week makes it tough, and I don't have the moveable lower jaw so not sure how different that is from the pro.. = P

#228 9 years ago

I have had my Refinery Premium for about 3 weeks now, and this game is just pure fun. I am a terrible player, and have only managed 40 million so far, but I have had a great time playing it. I have GnR and AC/DC sitting next to it, and guests rarely want to play those anymore. To be honest, I mostly play the other two when guests are over since Met is usually being played. I am a fan of their music, so I am a bit biased, but I don't think there is a pin out there that comes close to this one. AC/DC is a lot of fun on the rare occasion that I have a decent game, and GnR is a great game that I really enjoy, but Met just has it all.

I played Metallica for the first time at PAGG last year, and I didn't initially like it. I could only hear a couple of the more annoying callouts, and not really any music. My game only lasted a few seconds, so I didn't get to do much. A couple of months later, I played a Refinery Edition Premium at CAX, and it was great. I had already decided to buy GnR and AC/DC based on my experience at PAGG though, so I waited until CAX this year to purchase Metallica. It was definitely worth the wait. I got in just after the long awaited code updates, and now it is truly a great game.

#229 9 years ago

quite same story for me, already told, but its a nice one than happy to explain again :

1st time i saw it was in a tournament, played "only" 2 games on it, 1 on qualification, 1 in the final...
was quickly positively stuned by the general art/colors, and the playfield design (i love targets in row) but i was not a metallica (music) fan, not much more happend that day

than, much later, i know 1 was in location near my home, we got there with my son, and "exploded" (friendly) the pin with hi-scores on hi-scores & free games after free games, enjoying the game & finally the music theme matching very well
when back home after hours of excitement, i know i (we) wanted to buy 1...

few waits & reads later (as "we're waiting for the new code" or "the new code is coming"), i ordered 1, and the time the pin travelled the sea, he arrives just in time for the new code

MET is great, no doubt about that, absoloutly no regret at all to have bought one

#230 9 years ago

Seriously I believe this is the best Stern game right behind Tron.

My METLE is next to my Tron, and if I was forced to give one up Tron would go first. Don't tell centerflank! Not that either is going anywhere anytime soon.

#231 9 years ago

(i'm in talks for selling my TRON at the moment, once again, and dont know how this will end... than shhhhhhhhhhhhhhut)

#232 9 years ago

Still happy with Met.

#233 9 years ago

Absolutely no regrets buying ACDC and MET premiums NIB a few months ago.

Rob

#234 9 years ago

I can't think of a more complete package amongst modern machines. Half the time that I'm playing it I am simply gawking at it! It is so perfectly balanced in terms of scoring. The build up in risk is much more sustained and gradual than on ACDC, but once you are trying to start double scoring before cashing in a four and a half minute run on a CIU you know you are in some place that not many other machines can take you. I will be buried in this thing.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My METLE is next to my Tron, and if I was forced to give one up Tron would go first. Don't tell centerflank! Not that either is going anywhere anytime soon.

I own MET and Tron and MET would leave first. In fact it may leave in the next month or two. I've had it for almost a year now and it's held up well, but I think it's time for me to move on.

I really like the pin a lot overall, but the bottom line is that it isn't my favorite style of play. I prefer the short ball time pins that are challenging, even though that means they have more shallow code. Pins like IM, Tron, BSD, AC/DC (even though code isn't shallow) and AFM are my preferred style of game play. This is also why I am currently in the middle of discovering EMs, and I have been playing the hell out of my Sure Shot.

Anyway, I had a great game (for me) on my MET Premium tonight, but man, I felt exhausted when it was done!

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I prefer the short ball time pins that are challenging, even though that means they have more shallow code.

I totally get that. Tron never leaves me feeling like I want to play more pinball, but maybe not *that* one, because I don't feel like slogging through everything again. You drain, you grin, you press Start again.

Metallica has a lot to do, and a lot of ways to play it, and I love it and am stuck on it. But it's not quite the same as Tron in that regard, the "more to do" part can feel like too much to do if you're not quite up for it. Tron never asks that of you. It's not TSPP or LOTR anything though, it's not grindy (both great games, just require longer sessions).

#237 9 years ago

Live together in perfect harmony..

20140813_214044.jpg20140813_214044.jpg

#238 9 years ago

I do not have a MET but have asked several questions before with no answers. I personally am on the fence with this machine. I have read a lot of posts with problems with the in line drop targets, they either don't register and drop or something to that effect. I have also played a variety of pros, premiums, and LE's on route and have noticed problems with the ball shooter consistently putting the ball into play. The ball doesn't even make it to the lanes with auto or manual launch. Do these problems still exist with NIB machines?
How about gameplay, seems to be no real objective. There are no modes per say, just different multiball modes. Get different multiball modes and hit enough targets to get to crank it up. That's it...tell me there's more to this pin. I love the band and artwork but mechanical and depth issues really ruin it for me. I think I'll have to wait for something better.

#239 9 years ago

^ you may be waiting for a verrrry long time then. This machine is amazing. If you are unsure but want the least amount of maintenance, grab a pro. That way your "risks" are a little less with a few less moving parts (hammer, snake jaw, etc) and you get it at a cheaper price compared to the LE/Premiums. Also, you can always upgrade if you decide you want the machine but with the few extras that are mentioned above. . Win-Win.

Metallica is such a fun machine.

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I totally get that. Tron never leaves me feeling like I want to play more pinball, but maybe not *that* one, because I don't feel like slogging through everything again. You drain, you grin, you press Start again.
Metallica has a lot to do, and a lot of ways to play it, and I love it and am stuck on it. But it's not quite the same as Tron in that regard, the "more to do" part can feel like too much to do if you're not quite up for it. Tron never asks that of you. It's not TSPP or LOTR anything though, it's not grindy (both great games, just require longer sessions).

Yep, that's pretty much it.

MET does not have that strong "just one more game" pull to it that pins like IM, BSD and AFM have (for me). You do have to do a fair amount of work on MET before things start taking off. If I get close but fail, I've spent a good amount of time and effort, and am less likely to want to play another game vs the others listed.

Still...MET is not a pin that you will see me criticizing much in the future. Even if it isn't my favorite style of play and I may be ready to move it soon, it's not like there is another pin out there right now that I am ready to replace it with because I think it's better than MET. Not really the case. It's still the best Stern since AC/DC.

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have read a lot of posts with problems with the in line drop targets, they either don't register and drop or something to that effect.

My drops are fine. Except for being a dangerous shot.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have also played a variety of pros, premiums, and LE's on route and have noticed problems with the ball shooter consistently putting the ball into play. The ball doesn't even make it to the lanes with auto or manual launch.

Something needs to be adjusted, again I don't have this problem.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How about gameplay, seems to be no real objective. There are no modes per say, just different multiball modes. Get different multiball modes and hit enough targets to get to crank it up. That's it...tell me there's more to this pin.

There are tons of things to do on this pin. Yes, there are 4 multiballs, and you can use them to help build up other things, but plenty of ways to shoot an approach this game, and the real meat of scoring isn't even in multiball since CUI is all single ball play. You can combo ramps for Lady Justice, fill the inserts for Seek and Destroy, light up Fuel, shoot for the band modes, do all 4 CUI modes, there's a true wizard mode. It's not a "mode" game like some pins, but it has clear objectives to shoot for, it's not just pure open scoring.

#242 9 years ago

Don't tell Tim but this game drives me nuts. Oh wait, this is probably not the thread to say that!

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I own MET and Tron and MET would leave first. In fact it may leave in the next month or two. I've had it for almost a year now and it's held up well, but I think it's time for me to move on.
I really like the pin a lot overall, but the bottom line is that it isn't my favorite style of play. I prefer the short ball time pins that are challenging, even though that means they have more shallow code. Pins like IM, Tron, BSD, AC/DC (even though code isn't shallow) and AFM are my preferred style of game play. This is also why I am currently in the middle of discovering EMs, and I have been playing the hell out of my Sure Shot.
Anyway, I had a great game (for me) on my MET Premium tonight, but man, I felt exhausted when it was done!

photo.JPG 48 KB

Open your outlanes back up and Im Sure you'll have shorter ball times
Just messin rob. But I thought about doing something similar if I ever owned an LoTR again, set it up for brutal play but have the settings be easy or very easy to start modes, mbs, and wizards. Keeps the game challenging and not a marathon.

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I do not have a MET but have asked several questions before with no answers. I personally am on the fence with this machine. I have read a lot of posts with problems with the in line drop targets, they either don't register and drop or something to that effect. I have also played a variety of pros, premiums, and LE's on route and have noticed problems with the ball shooter consistently putting the ball into play. The ball doesn't even make it to the lanes with auto or manual launch. Do these problems still exist with NIB machines?
How about gameplay, seems to be no real objective. There are no modes per say, just different multiball modes. Get different multiball modes and hit enough targets to get to crank it up. That's it...tell me there's more to this pin. I love the band and artwork but mechanical and depth issues really ruin it for me. I think I'll have to wait for something better.

I just got an nib met prem. No issues with the drops. I get a phantom hammer hit once every 20 or 30 games, so no big deal. Plus the code is more diligent with coffin locks.

I had the auto fire thing happen to mine - with shaker and external sub, I found my right outer most pick target eos switch was too close to each other and triggering off vibration which would sometimes cause an auto launch when the ball came out of the trough.

The factory shooter rod/spring is weak as hell and manual plunges weren't very strong. Replaced it with chrome shooter rod with upgraded spring. ( the red one ) and it's strong as ever.

Aurich pretty much nailed it as far as modes goes. Lots to do and lots of ways to tackle the game. Do you go for seek and destroy locks from the start? Do you try and get lady justice ramps going before mb? Do you hammer away at the coffin for a big reward multi stacking mayhem fiasco? Or do you stick to easy mbs. (MOP and RTL) and build up your CIU and blackened modes?

If your a fan of Metallica, this is a great pin to own. I used to be a fan back in high school and haven't been into them since until someone turned me on to death magnetic. That album is bad ass compared to a lot of their other newer released albums. So I eventually got sucked into the pin and let me tell you, Lyman and Borg really did Metallica and fans alike justice with this pin.

#245 9 years ago

Asking Tallica owners if they're happy with their pin,is like asking a man if he's happy with his penis. Stupid question.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Asking Tallica owners if they're happy with their pin,is like asking a man if he's happy with his penis. Stupid question.

I'm happy with both and so is my wife........

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's still the best Stern since SM.

Corrected it for you.

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

I'm happy with both and so is my wife........

and than, we must understand that you're f****** on your MET !?
this is quite terrible !!!

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and than, we must understand that you're f****** on your MET !?
this is quite terrible !!!

He must have installed a shaker

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have also played a variety of pros, premiums, and LE's on route and have noticed problems with the ball shooter consistently putting the ball into play. The ball doesn't even make it to the lanes with auto or manual launch.

Stern uses shooter rods that are too short. Why? I have no idea. Get a replacement rod in any color from Pinball Life, problem solved.

As for the auto launch, I never had a problem until I installed a Cliffy trough kickout protector. It didn't fit quite right, overlapping the shooter lane cutout a tiny bit, which sometimes interfered with launched balls. So it had to go.

Long story short, my shooter(s) work perfectly over hundreds of games with the PBL rod installed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 25.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-are-you-happy-with-your-machine/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.