(Topic ID: 94480)

Metallica owners: Are you happy with your machine?

By Minneapolispin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8104 (resized).JPG
20170715_153308 (resized).jpg
20170715_153247 (resized).jpg
image-712.jpg
image-333.jpg
IMGP1330.JPG
IMGP1328.JPG
image-610.jpg
20140813_214044.jpg
photo.JPG
IMG_0641.jpg
WIN_20140706_115123.JPG
WIN_20140705_052854.JPG
image.jpg
image-634.jpg
image-938.jpg
There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

i don't know why i bother

I don't know why either.

#52 9 years ago

In my opinion, it's one of Stern's best pins ever. Fun, challenging, good variety of shots, and fairly deep. Superb artwork on the PF.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

I have an LE and regret it. It got old fast. Plays spongy, floatly, and bouncy. Shots seems innacurate compared to my other sterns. No matter how much I try to dial it in I can't get it to "feel" right.
Shots just seem noticeably "off". Music is ok and I like the art package. Wish I didn't buy into the hype, but got a chance to score one of the last LE before they sold out according to pinside. Looked good on paper. Pinside made it sound better (usually the case with everything). Got desperate and paid retail for it and I regret it. Think i'm gonna dump it soon.
In my stern lineup, it's the last one I play (when motivated). Collects dust most of the time.
I wouldn't recommend it. I'd recommend either im, tron, or sm if you want a stern

Set it free bro.. I am sure someone else will love it

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

What a shitty line up
Met rocks

YA it is I should just sell them.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

I have an LE and regret it. It got old fast. Plays spongy, floatly, and bouncy. Shots seems innacurate compared to my other sterns. No matter how much I try to dial it in I can't get it to "feel" right.
Shots just seem noticeably "off". Music is ok and I like the art package. Wish I didn't buy into the hype, but got a chance to score one of the last LE before they sold out according to pinside. Looked good on paper. Pinside made it sound better (usually the case with everything). Got desperate and paid retail for it and I regret it. Think i'm gonna dump it soon.
In my stern lineup, it's the last one I play (when motivated). Collects dust most of the time.
I wouldn't recommend it. I'd recommend either im, tron, or sm if you want a stern

I think your opinion is valid. Your explanations are well thought out.

But I find it interesting that you recommend tron and spiderman but feel Metallica plays "floaty". Have you increased your pitch a bit? The game shouldn't feel any more floaty than any of the other games you listed. I don't know what spongy is. Have you played any other metallicas and compared to yours?

#56 9 years ago

My Metallica Pro is not going anywhere. Love this game

#57 9 years ago

It's the best Stern to date

#58 9 years ago

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the feedback and it makes me even more confident in my decision to buy one.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

i like how thumbs down appear when you express your thoughts on a game you own. i don't know why i bother

Think of it this way, you could have put WPT in your lineup and gotten 100 more thumbs down on your post.

#60 9 years ago

Love my Pro. No need for a Premium. Get it!

#61 9 years ago

Light show in the Premium is outstanding. In the begining I was wondering if I made the right choice by buying the LE, Now that the code is finished it was a no brainer.

Pro is excellent but IMO the premium/LS is the way to go.

#62 9 years ago

Was gonna get a Pro, but wife said to get the best so I ordered the Premium since L.E. were no more available.

#63 9 years ago

I love mine.... And to be critical the one thing I want to fix is a ramp issue. I would like to figure a way to have the ball go straight down to the lane and not bounce back up the ramp and then into the lane.. Thanks being super critical though. It's a blast

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Was gonna get a Pro, but wife said to get the best so I ordered the Premium since L.E. were no more available.

you did get the best version, smart wife.

#65 9 years ago

YES! Highly recommend it! The game kicks ass!

#66 9 years ago

Metle is incredible! I thought about ditching it before code updates, and I'm glad I didn't. I've owned many pins and I think it's one of Sterns best. To me it plays closest to IM- fast and fun, but without the "built on a budget" feeling.

#67 9 years ago

Just got down playing a decent game. Man...End Of Line is gonna be a bitch to get to.

#68 9 years ago

I have an LE and love it, especially the new code!

#69 9 years ago

Still loving mine!! Had it for about 9 months. The new code is outstanding!

#70 9 years ago

No regrets , it's a lot more polished w/ the updates.. I had Gio from the Pinball Refinery work his magic on mine .. Kick ass game , I agree it's one of Sterns best.

#71 9 years ago

Traded/sold my TZ for a Metallica Pro (I got cash as well) and don't regret it one bit. I know many purists will have issues with that deal, but agree to disagree I guess. Hooked it up to a shaker motor and sub woofer and it's an experience I've never had with any of my games. It has attitude and the new codes just keep making the gameplay better. Go for it. Metal up your ass!

#72 9 years ago

I play it at my brothers house all the time,it is one of the Best game i ever played,it's up there with the Best!

When it came out the Hammer was very clunchy but got netter with some codes and then the Replacement
Board came out and some more coding and works like a new car now
The Hammer and Sparky are the Best Toys ever !

The Light Show and GI experience on Prem/Le is so awesome.

The Gameplay is amazing,Lyman did it again what a Rush playing MetallicA so many things to shoot
at and to go for. And the flow is awesome.

Everyone that is on the Fence of getting one,do yourselfs a favor and get one Fast !

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

...Hooked it up to a shaker motor and sub woofer and it's an experience I've never had with any of my games. It has attitude and the new codes just keep making the gameplay better. Go for it. Metal up your ass!

I agree shaker and a sub are a must!

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Have an LE and love it.

What's going on under your AC/DC?

image-569.jpg 211 KB

#75 9 years ago

Top 5 pin in my opinion, the new code is superb and its staying for a very long time in my collection

#76 9 years ago

It's in my top 3.
AC/DC, WOZ, Metallica. And I can't say which one is the number 1.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

It's in my top 3.
AC/DC, WOZ, Metallica. And I can't say which one is the number 1.

WOZ is amazing, but out of stern machines I like Metallica over ACDC, I sold my ACDC to buy a WOZ as I never played it after I got Metallica

#78 9 years ago

Have a modded MET PRO and it is truely a great game
Didnt feel the hammer and the leds in LE/Premium were worth the extra money from a PLAYERS point of view but if money is no issue, go for HUO LE/Premium if you wish.

My PRO gets a lot of play&love but ACDC Premium still wins (but not by much with the current firmwareupdates from MET)

IF you get a PRO, be sure to led it out, makes it look so much better

You can see my MET at

#79 9 years ago

Great Game i love it and glad i got on board,my firts NIB and i was scared to spend that kind
of money but when i saw that Playfiled, MOP cabinet art and the Toys i had to have it.

I am a metallica fan and love pinball but 8500 $ Canadian ,for a toy.

Then i got scared again always thinking about that load of cash i had to pay so i asked people
around me and everyone told me the same thing,d'ont worry it's going to be a Great game
Lyman is on the code,they where right.

That game keeps me playing over and over even more with the latest updates,i love it
all the modes and so many things to shoot at i love that interactive Snake and the Ramps
feels so smoot and not too easy ramps combo shots.

I would buy again in a heartbeat,best game i ever played (help that i am a metallica fan )

Lyman and Stern did a Super job on this,thanks .

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I installed mine without too much trouble, but ended up taking it out. The right edge hangs slightly over the shooter lane cutout, just enough to occasionally hang balls and make the autofire sloppy. I replaced it with mylar. Dunno if the mylar will hold, but I care more about having a perfectly functioning game than a perfectly preserved one.
Removed my mystery scoop protector too, once the shot became important for CIU. It's not an easy shot to begin with, and I was getting some dead-on rejections. Shot feels a lot more natural & fair with just a rounded wood lip.
No offense to Cliffy. He makes fine products which I use on multiple games. They just don't always match my nitpicky expectations. It's probably impossible to add a piece of metal to a game and have it play exactly the same.

I've had some rejected scoop shots like that...no idea if it's the protector or not, but I just man up and PLAY BETTER... or slap the hell out of it when it gets too frustrating!

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Have these issues been corrected with the newer production runs?

Mine is from like late last year IIRC and it doesn't have either isssue.

#81 9 years ago

Met pro was my first NIB. Played le and pro, no regrets at all. Satisfied pro owner all the way!!

#82 9 years ago

Have Met pro next to IM - both games kick ass. If I want a longer game I go on Met!

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've had some rejected scoop shots like that...no idea if it's the protector or not, but I just man up and PLAY BETTER... or slap the hell out of it when it gets too frustrating!

I agree it's hard to know if the protector is causing rejections, but when I removed it my success rate went up. So I'm either PLAYING BETTER or just playing the game as designed. No complaints about the mystery scoop now.

#84 9 years ago

Metallica is a top 5 Stern game with SM, IM, LOTR, and TSPP.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I can't speak for SM but ACDC smokes TSPP and IM.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Put AC/DC in there and take the clunky TSPP off your list.

#87 9 years ago

I used to think TSPP was an amazing game. It's impressive how far Stern has come.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I used to think TSPP was an amazing game. It's impressive how far Stern has come.

Yup

You put TSPP beside a New Stern and see a huge difference just looking at it.

I really enjoy Stern's new Technologie the lightning on the Prem/Le is amazing
what a huge difference and the changing color lights is adding a lot in the gameplay.

Anyway's just My 2 cents

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

what a huge difference and the changing color lights is adding a lot in the gameplay.

I'd say 'experience' and not 'gameplay'. Gameplay is shots and rules, overall experience is audio and lighting and such. All very important of course. I'm just quibbling over word choice.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Put AC/DC in there and take the clunky TSPP off your list.

So, you acknowledge Tron is not top 5 stern? I'd take TSPP over ACDC any day.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Does this need it's own thread?

Your top five modern era Sterns. Go!

highfidelityjohncusack.jpghighfidelityjohncusack.jpg

#92 9 years ago

Its a fantastic game! Enjoy it! \m/

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Mine would be: TRON, ACDC, LOTR, MET, and SM (which I really need to play more to be sure) or Trek. TSPP is decent, just I prefer the others.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Your top five modern era Sterns. Go!

RBION
Tron
SM
MET
hmmm....TDK or LOTR

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No, but ACDC is better, so I would add it before Tron.

In other words I have a bigger issue with ACDC not being on your list than Tron. All the pins you mention are excellent, except TSPP.

#96 9 years ago

I love my METLE. I don't get to play as much as I'd like though I will tonight after I upload 1.6. I have the same complaint as the others with the Cliffy shooter lane protector. The left side (under the wood rail) seems to shift a lot and occasionally hangs balls up. I also have a hard time making consistent snake shots. I think there was a thread - was it maybe Rarehero??? who made the shot a bit easier by inserting a few washers? I've looked for that thread but cant find it...

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I love my METLE......I have the same complaint as the others with the Cliffy shooter lane protector. The left side (under the wood rail) seems to shift a lot and occasionally hangs balls up. ....

I have this on 3 machines. Think I was even one of the first to install it. Its a bt PITA to properly install it (sometimes have to readjust the shooter) but is works flawless. The part under the woodrail, dont have it stick over to much, align it nicely with the shooterlane and tighten the woodrail, works OK for me. Over 3 machnioes I think 1000 plays no issue (yet at least)

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No, but ACDC is better, so I would add it before Tron.
In other words I have a bigger issue with ACDC not being on your list than Tron. All the pins you mention are excellent, except TSPP.

TSPP is prolly my fav game ever made.

Different folks different strokes.

I like ACDC & Tron too so maybe I just like everything.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

And you aren't the only one that feels that way. I owned it, and it made a good first impression, but I grew tired of it very quickly.

Like you said, different strokes...

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Different folks different strokes.
I like ACDC & Tron too so maybe I just like everything.

You just have excellent taste!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 149.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-are-you-happy-with-your-machine/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.