(Topic ID: 94480)

Metallica owners: Are you happy with your machine?

By Minneapolispin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8104 (resized).JPG
20170715_153308 (resized).jpg
20170715_153247 (resized).jpg
image-712.jpg
image-333.jpg
IMGP1330.JPG
IMGP1328.JPG
image-610.jpg
20140813_214044.jpg
photo.JPG
IMG_0641.jpg
WIN_20140706_115123.JPG
WIN_20140705_052854.JPG
image.jpg
image-634.jpg
image-938.jpg
There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 9 years ago

I think I’m finally going to pull the trigger on ordering a Metallica Pro this week. I've been saving up for a while now and got a good quote on a NIB, with free shipping. To those of you that already own one, do you recommend it? I've played it on location many times and find it to be a really fun machine (plus Metallica is my all-time favorite band). Are there any technical issues you've encountered or easily damageable parts of the playfield I should try and protect?

Thanks for any insight. I’m really excited to buy my first brand new game, but wanted to check with some of you first.

#2 9 years ago

Just got my Pro this weekend and I really like it. That's a little soon to make a complete judgement but I played it a bunch in the wild and knew I wanted it.

No Issues with mine other than a quick LED tweak.

EDIT: Also, I don't care for the band in anyway, shape, or form; and that hasn't factored into for me in a negative way.

EDIT: I MIGHT have to do some snake jaw adjusting as it seems really hard to get it in his gullet. I played all weekend and have gotten 1 snake multiball which is strange.

#3 9 years ago

I swapped out my TSPP for one back in April. Lovin' it. Would do again. Kinda miss that it doesn't have the controlled GI that the premium has, but the other stuff on the premium (hammer, snake jaw) I don't really care about.

#4 9 years ago

I love mine. Haven't touched my other machines since I got it. Still haven't installed code upgrade. Fast, fun, great music, challenging.

#5 9 years ago

I bought MET Pro (NIB) from Trent A. as my first machine in April. I've already had over 1000 plays on it and it never gets old. With the code updates in 1.51 and 1.6, the machine just gets better and better. I don't regret not having a hammer or the LED lightshow. Put some mylar around the Sparky magnet and a Cliffy magnet protector if you can. I also put a protector in the Mystery scoop from underneath. The only thing I have had replaced is a bad transistor for the left flipper. I added a subwoofer, too, which really makes the music rock. This game still keeps me up later than I should be at night (just one more...just one more...) and frustrates the hell out of me sometimes. That's why I love it. It yells at me like a rebellious teenager (like I one was) and plays the music that I loved as a teen (and still love). Get it. You won't be disappointed. My shooter lane is getting the metal protectors by the plunger this week, as I can see some wear by the ball eject (probably should have done this from the get go). Anyway, enjoy!

#6 9 years ago

I ordered a Premium 3 weeks ago and it will be dlivered end of the month.
I do not like STERN in it all. I have had a LoTR and kicked it out after 6 weeks, I have had a RBION and was
bored after 6 month.
I played ACDC and MET Premium at a friends place. And I liked them both ... in ACDC the Sound is more involved in the game, great Lightshow and great game .. but MET is a little bittle tinny slice better. So I ordered it and hope that this STERN will stay a Little longer in my place.
Problem: 2 month ago I got my WOZ ... and it is really hard to top that machine in qulity and innovations ...

However .... buy it, its really nice ... or buy a nice WMS machine for the money

#7 9 years ago

Should be a poll...

Robert

#8 9 years ago

Absolutely! Haven't touched another game in weeks. Best modern Stern to date in my mind.

Alan

#9 9 years ago

I thought the LE was great when I first bought it, and played the heck out of it, but after about 500 plays it just started to grate on me. Not sure exactly why, but then I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. I don't miss it, but it was cool to have. I don't think I will be looking for another.

#10 9 years ago

Ordered an LE on the day of the announcement, and am glad that I own this one. Recent code updates have been outstanding, and the game is a huge hit at my house. Helps that I'm a fan of the band for a long time, but really enjoy my METLE.

#11 9 years ago

It's worth it when you here "JACK-&#$*ING-POT!"

#12 9 years ago

You can't go wrong buying the game, whether it be pro or premium! I love both my ACDC and MET premiums as they are both fantastic games!

Rob

#13 9 years ago

I owned a lot and Met is the best game,art,play,Toys ...,I ever had !

#14 9 years ago

Had my LE since launch and still love it..especially with the recent updates. Best color GI FX I've seen yet. It's fun, funny, energetic, challenging...it's actually given me a new appreciation for Metallica - I hadn't really thought of them much since high school...I now truly realize that much of their music was part of my 'life soundtrack'...so that nostalgia has a small part in my enjoyment of the game...but the game itself is stellar!

#15 9 years ago

Easily one of the best pins to date and you should grab a premium its worth it for the light show alone, with the upgraded magnet board I haven't had any problem and now love the hammer lock. Good Luck

#16 9 years ago

met is awesome, great layout and great code, bundled together with fun toys and hand drawn art, it's a winner.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Easily one of the best pins to date and you should grab a premium its worth it for the light show alone, with the upgraded magnet board I haven't had any problem and now love the hammer lock.

What is the upgraded magnet board? Aftermarket part?

Yesterday I was playing a Met Pro on location and I noticed that the balls were being wildly flung around when I’d hit Sparky. I’ve played this particular machine several times in the past, but it had been a few months. Yesterday was the first time I noticed the balls being affected by a magnet, other than when you’re about to start multiball and the ball locks in place while he gets electrocuted. Did this machine have something added to it or did the new code have something to do with this?

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Yesterday I was playing a Met Pro on location and I noticed that the balls were being wildly flung around when I’d hit Sparky. I’ve played this particular machine several times in the past, but it had been a few months. Yesterday was the first time I noticed the balls being affected by a magnet, other than when you’re about to start multiball and the ball locks in place while he gets electrocuted. Did this machine have something added to it or did the new code have something to do with this?

New code brought the magnets to life.

#19 9 years ago

I have a pro and love it. No problems with it at all.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

New code. Magnet board is only on Premium/LE for the hammer magnet.

#21 9 years ago

As James would say:

"Jack Fu#%ing pot!!"

Yes it's a kick ass fun game with the new code.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

As James would say(*):
"Jack Fu#%ing pot!!"
Yes it's a kick ass fun game with the new code.

(*) If you have the 4x multiplier going and get a super

#23 9 years ago

Had it since last Oct. Love it and no problems.

#24 9 years ago

Enjoyed the layout & aesthetic experience of my LE when I first opened it, but felt frustrated by the hammer lock and a limited rule set. It's grown by leaps & bounds with every major code release. With all of the new modes and hammer lock options (finally!), I can confidently say I'm loving the game more than ever, and it's never going anywhere. Near-instant classic.

The vast majority of what makes Metallica great is not specific to the LE, so I imagine you'll love your Pro.

#25 9 years ago

I think its easily one of the best games ever made.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

The vast majority of what makes Metallica great is not specific to the LE, so I imagine you'll love your Pro.

Yeah the layout and rules make any level great. They pulled off the perfect blend of having a ton going on, but not feeling cramped or jammed in.

#27 9 years ago

Kind of curious as I am on the fence between IM and Met pro.

Can the two games co-exist in one collection and is one better than the other?

I like the theme of IM a lot.

#28 9 years ago

100% happy - I love it! Get one if you can.

#29 9 years ago

I have an LE and regret it. It got old fast. Plays spongy, floatly, and bouncy. Shots seems innacurate compared to my other sterns. No matter how much I try to dial it in I can't get it to "feel" right.

Shots just seem noticeably "off". Music is ok and I like the art package. Wish I didn't buy into the hype, but got a chance to score one of the last LE before they sold out according to pinside. Looked good on paper. Pinside made it sound better (usually the case with everything). Got desperate and paid retail for it and I regret it. Think i'm gonna dump it soon.

In my stern lineup, it's the last one I play (when motivated). Collects dust most of the time.

I wouldn't recommend it. I'd recommend either im, tron, or sm if you want a stern

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can the two games co-exist in one collection and is one better than the other?

2 diff types of games to me. Met is more slow rolling and a longer player. IM is known for being very fast and brutal.
2 diff'rent games go well together. Which one is "better" is completely subjective.

Quoted from deeznuts:

Pinside made it sound better. Got desperate and paid retail for it and I regret it.

Uff.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

I have an LE and regret it. It got old fast. Plays spongy, floatly, and bouncy. Shots seems innacurate compared to my other sterns. No matter how much I try to dial it in I can't get it to "feel" right.
Shots just seem noticably "off". Music is ok and I like the art package. Wish I didn't buy into the hype, but got a chance to score one of the last LE before the sold out. Looked good on paper. Pinside made it sound better. Got desperate and paid retail for it and I regret it. Think i'm gonna dump it soon.
In my stern lineup, it's the last one I play (when motivated). Collects dust most of the time.

What planet do you come from ? We ain't playing the same game !

A well everyone as they're own style they like !

#32 9 years ago

Love it. Only regret I have had was the Cliffy shooter lane eject protector for the scoop side is impossible to install, apparently. I bent mine all up and I have to order another one. It wouldn't slide over the wireform lane guide....I should've just taken my time and dremel'ed it but I wanted to play!

#33 9 years ago

I have had my met pro since December...It is by far the best machine I have ever had...It gets played every day by myself and my family...it has only gotten better with each update and the more I understand the rules the better it becomes... I got an AC DC Luci last month but I still play Met more

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think its easily one of the best games ever made.

100% agree! This game is getting better and better with every update. 1.6 was the icing on the cake!

#35 9 years ago

Best bang for buck Pron Stern is offering at the moment.
(I include IMr when making that statement).

#36 9 years ago

Have an LE and love it.

image-569.jpgimage-569.jpg
#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Only regret I have had was the Cliffy shooter lane eject protector for the scoop side is impossible to install, apparently. I bent mine all up and I have to order another one. It wouldn't slide over the wireform lane guide....I should've just taken my time and dremel'ed it but I wanted to play!

I installed mine without too much trouble, but ended up taking it out. The right edge hangs slightly over the shooter lane cutout, just enough to occasionally hang balls and make the autofire sloppy. I replaced it with mylar. Dunno if the mylar will hold, but I care more about having a perfectly functioning game than a perfectly preserved one.

Removed my mystery scoop protector too, once the shot became important for CIU. It's not an easy shot to begin with, and I was getting some dead-on rejections. Shot feels a lot more natural & fair with just a rounded wood lip.

No offense to Cliffy. He makes fine products which I use on multiple games. They just don't always match my nitpicky expectations. It's probably impossible to add a piece of metal to a game and have it play exactly the same.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Have an LE and love it.

nice lineup you have there

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

Think i'm gonna dump it soon.

I'm debating getting a Prem or hooking up a HUO LE, so dump away, just makes things better for me!

#40 9 years ago

probably should save some more and get a premium. too much ripped out of the pro. throw a captive ball in there in place of the cube with new software and the hammer locks is perfect and really adds to the game.
I could never be happy with the pro as good a game as metallica is.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

but I care more about having a perfectly functioning game than a perfectly preserved one.

WHAT?!?! How dare you not bow your head to the "shooter lane" gods!

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm debating getting a Prem or hooking up a HUO LE, so dump away, just makes things better for me!

probably be on ebay pretty soon. it's all yours if you want it.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

nice lineup you have there

Thanks

#44 9 years ago

Although I no longer own it, if I had to do it all over again, I would have gone with the DD Premium over the LE. The artwork and color scheme matches the playfield a lot better than the LE, which never really looked quite right to me.

#45 9 years ago

i like how thumbs down appear when you express your thoughts on a game you own. i don't know why i bother

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

i like how thumbs down appear when you express your thoughts on a game you own. i don't know why i bother

Thumbs down = disagree. I disagreed with everything you said but didn't want to bother typing out a rebuttal.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Have an LE and love it.

image-569.jpg 211 KB

What a shitty line up
Met rocks

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

Mine was not a tumb down but a tumb in the A..

#49 9 years ago

I have seen other people post about the inline drop targets and issues with these stand ups. I have also played atleast 3 or 4 on location and the ball plunge always seemed to have issues getting the ball consistently to the top lanes or around the orbit for a super skill shot. Have these issues been corrected with the newer production runs? I myself have been waiting to pull the trigger on one of these but waiting for complete code and the bugs to be worked out. Thanks.

#50 9 years ago

100% great game. Fast and lots to do. I really dont see how you could go wrong with this NIB. If you love the band, even better!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

7,600 (OBO)
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 279 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-are-you-happy-with-your-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.