View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
when-pigs-fly.jpg
baby.gif
9eXb3yp.gif
bitch-and-moan.gif
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

No, I think WOZ will ship ahead of Metallica and, of course, Star Trek.

A-N-N-N-D it's Rick432 for the win!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

A-N-N-N-D it's Rick432 for the win!

A half empty truck with a few games going to folks carefully chosen is "real shipping" to you?

Hope you're right

I look forward to playing one soon

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

A half empty truck with a few games going to folks carefully chosen is "real shipping" to you?

This post right here highlights what an unhappy and pessimistic person you are.

The truck was "half full"

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Heheheh! Keep crying those sweet, sweet, tears! So good! Yum!

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

This post right here highlights what an unhappy and pessimistic person you are.
The truck was "half full"

Lol well played Alex

I was optimistic a year ago, sorry to disappoint. Glad to see progress though!

Rick let me know when all 1000 ship please, for real feel free to PM me or revive this thread sir.

#56 10 years ago

It did not say all 1000 delivered or all Met delivered.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Lol well played Alex
I was optimistic a year ago, sorry to disappoint. Glad to see progress though!
Rick let me know when all 1000 ship please, for real feel free to PM me or revive this thread sir.

PW, when there's a thread with a poll that leads, "Metallica or WOZ delivered one thousand first?" well, then maybe we can talk about your disaffection at the situation then!

But THIS thread is to answer the BURNING question, as it is titled, "Metallica or WOZ delivered first?" And it seems QUITE appropriate to revive it.

Now that we have an answer.

Spoiler: it's WOZ.

That is, in answer to the question posed at the opening of the thread, "It is WOZ that is delivered first."

So those, like me, who thought that would be the case were correct. And therefore are probably smarter, better looking, drive nicer cars, have better-trained housepets, and fresher, mintier breaths than those who guessed wrong.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with the clear thread of logic laid out here.

#58 10 years ago

You win Rick, enjoy your game brother!

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You win Rick, enjoy your game brother!

Thank you! Peace!

But, in all seriousness, I think as pinheads, we ALL win. Even if one DESPISES WOZ as a game.

That's OBVIOUSLY aokay. That's what makes our hobby so darned interesting: that there is no one-size-fits-all to tastes. More than one mainstream manufacturer will add to the variety. And maybe they'll push each other to the limit.

Maybe the reason ACDC kicks ass is because WOZ was in Stern's rear view mirror.

Maybe the reason STR (Star Trek Reboot) will kick ass is because WOZ is here.

Maybe the reason The Hobbit will kick ass is because STR will kick ass.

And so on. And so on.

We, that's ALL of us, including you and I, win.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Hope you're right
I look forward to playing one soon

Well, based on the topic. 1/2 is the winner because empty is empty. Or better yet 0 plus 0 +?

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

PW, when there's a thread with a poll that leads, "Metallica or WOZ delivered one thousand first?" well, then maybe we can talk about your disaffection at the situation then!
But THIS thread is to answer the BURNING question, as it is titled, "Metallica or WOZ delivered first?" And it seems QUITE appropriate to revive it.
Now that we have an answer.
Spoiler: it's WOZ.
That is, in answer to the question posed at the opening of the thread, "It is WOZ that is delivered first."
So those, like me, who thought that would be the case were correct. And therefore are probably smarter, better looking, drive nicer cars, have better-trained housepets, and fresher, mintier breaths than those who guessed wrong.
I don't see why anyone would have a problem with the clear thread of logic laid out here.

I doubt it. I ordered both. We will see which one I get first. I think my woz is in the middle of the run. So me getting my woz is a good measure of average. 12 / 1000 woz shipping does not present a win. If they say ship 10 a day it's going to be a long haul. If they ship 100 a day pretty fast.

#62 10 years ago

You guys need to cut the crap right now.

#63 10 years ago

I don't despise WOZ

Over & over I say I will probably buy one when commenting on the game here.

Some folks just think if you even speak a word of a 1 year delivery date turning into a 3+ year project by a Stern basher who took money years in advance on what became a false preorder drumming promise (intentional or not) while asking for even more cash before shipping the first title is somehow a bad thing.

I still hope this pinball machine is cool because I like buying cool pinball machines so knock it out of the park JJP & take my money (well when there's tangible inventory).

We both agree (Rick & PW79) more companies, more options, more pinball = We all win!

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I doubt it. I ordered both. We will see which one I get first. I think my woz is in the middle of the run. So me getting my woz is a good measure of average. 12 / 1000 woz shipping does not present a win. If they say ship 10 a day it's going to be a long haul. If they ship 100 a day pretty fast.

Ahh, it's just splitting hairs at this point. The real point is that JJP are demonstrating they are a real live new pinball company, shipping actual product now.

Maybe they'll ramp up production immediately as they shoot up the learning curve. Remember, these aren't just the first WOZ pinballs shipping. They're the first pins JJP have EVER shipped. Period. It'll accelerate.

Perhaps we can put up a poll: "markmon's Metallica or markmon's WOZ delivered first?"

But the question of THIS HERE thread has been answered!

#65 10 years ago

Point of clarity, it was 2 years. (and maybe 2 months if you are splitting hairs)

1/11/11 was when the company was announced. Realistically work didn't actually begin for a few months after that.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I don't despise WOZ
Over & over I say I will probably buy one when commenting on the game here.
Some folks just think if you even speak a word of a 1 year delivery date turning into a 3+ year project by a Stern basher who took money years in advance on what became a false preorder drumming promise (intentional or not) while asking for even more cash before shipping the first title is somehow a bad thing.
I still hope this pinball machine is cool because I like buying cool pinball machines so knock it out of the park JJP & take my money (well when there's tangible inventory).
We both agree (Rick & PW79) more companies, more options, more pinball = We all win!

Sorry PWiz... I sincerely did not mean to imply YOU despise WOZ. I meant to speak generally.

And your points have some validity.

I'm just enjoying the excitement in the face of all the pessimism, is all!

It's quite an accomplishment that will be good for all who really care about this hobby!

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Sorry PWiz... I sincerely did not mean to imply YOU despise WOZ. I meant to speak generally.
And your points are valid.
I'm jusy enjoying the excitement in the face of all the pessimism, is all!

It's all good bro.

I hope you get your game soon, glad you're excited

Hell I'm excited because I get to play one all the time once my buddy gets his

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Point of clarity, it was 2 years. (and maybe 2 months if you are splitting hairs)
1/11/11 was when the company was announced. Realistically work didn't actually begin for a few months after that.

Enough of your fancy math, get outta here!

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I think most would say that when Jack first started taking peoples' money is when the clock started ticking.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I think most would say that when Jack first started taking peoples' money is when the clock started ticking.

*ding*

#71 10 years ago

I hope they both ship on the same day, and they both choose the same trucking company. Then, a pinball shipping 'battle royale' will break out, with only the mightiest, most cunning competitor taking the spoils of victory and seeing its opponent driven before it.

In one corner, we have Woz. A technological marvel that outweighs Metallica by a considerable margin; a newcomer, but young and full of zest. In the other corner, Metallica. A wily miscreant that has made it through challenges such as Napstergate. Not to be underestimated.

Let's get ready to ruuuuumbllllllllllllle!

#72 10 years ago

l think there's a pterodactyl outside my window..

#73 10 years ago

I'll take the last LE WOZ. Doesn't matter to me. The later the game, the more complete the code. It's great to see games coming off the line! Congrats to the whole team for sticking in there and achieving the damn near impossible.
Terry.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

I hope they both ship on the same day

I agree, I hope I come home and I have 2 boxes sitting in my garage, a WOZLE and a METLE. I'd be hard pressed to say which one I would setup and play first.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You guys need to cut the crap right now.

#76 10 years ago

So my new meme.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

its a crowe lol

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I think this is what you saw.

when-pigs-fly.jpgwhen-pigs-fly.jpg

#79 10 years ago

it's too dark out, so l just closed the curtain.

#80 10 years ago

For posterity's sake... right now on April 29th 2013 (since post dates on Pinside are kinda useless), the poll shows 125 for Metallica, and 56 for WOZ. Google cache shows 113 Metallica and 45 WOZ on April 24th, and Bing cache shows the exact same for April 28th, yesterday.

So, people are still voting for Metallica! Although, the question on the poll is loaded, since it says "Which one will arrive at my door first", and who knows when the OP actually ordered WOZ.

2 weeks later
#81 10 years ago

since it says "Which one will arrive at my door first", and who knows when the OP actually ordered WOZ.

Jack said I'll have WOZ early July. When MET LE's start shipping I should be one of the first to receive one since I pre ordered it a few months in advance. I'm going to say Metallica will be here first,but its going to be close.

#82 10 years ago

If 100's of metallicas ship and 9 wozs ship is it a tie?

#83 10 years ago

9 woz? Where do you get your info lol.

#84 10 years ago

I just make it up lol. At one point 9 had to be correct.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I just make it up lol. At one point 9 had to be correct.

you again!!

1 month later
#86 10 years ago

Metallica it is!!

#87 10 years ago

Yes Metallica is clearly the winner

#88 10 years ago

Trifecta

image.jpgimage.jpg

#89 10 years ago

Little late on this thread but I am a betting man and I would have said Met with 100% certainty

1 week later
#90 10 years ago

It was close. Exactly 1 week later I got my WOZ LE!

#91 10 years ago

Here it is.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#92 10 years ago

This will be close. My Metallica is due to be built this month, and WOZ has an estimate of August 9th...

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

This will be close. My Metallica is due to be built this month, and WOZ has an estimate of August 9th...

What Metallica Did you buy? LE, Prems are all out Pro's are mostly sold out though for now

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

When did you order your WOZ?

#95 10 years ago

SEND IT BACK! image.jpgimage.jpg

#96 10 years ago

One heck of a bad ass line up back there. I guess the WOZ is going in the new kids room

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

One heck of a bad ass line up back there. I guess the WOZ is going in the new kids room

Then the kids win!

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Haha...kids win! Dork pic.....

#99 10 years ago

Gatta have some games for everyone including my 5 year old. I've been playing it all day & its a a real fun game. It's no Metallica or AC/DC LE,buts its different & cool.

#100 10 years ago

That cool. It is probably one of the prettiest games I have ever seen. The plays ok but just jotting cup of tea.

Have fun and enjoy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 16.95
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 149.00
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-or-woz-delivered-first-3/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.