(98 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3284 (resized).jpeg
MET_vs_AS (resized).JPG
34C710A0-D601-4E93-B575-C84951EB74A6 (resized).jpeg
A2FF97E6-4A15-4AA5-9AAB-B34FC5A4C5B5 (resized).jpeg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Looking to grow my music collection. Had been struggling between 4 but I think I have it narrowed down to two. This addition will most likely be pro versions unless someone convinces me to upgrade. So, which is a better game? Aerosmith or Metallica? I have not played Metallica yet.

#2 4 years ago

Everyone including myself will tell you Metallica but Aerosmith is also a very good, underrated game.

#3 4 years ago

I own both games and I love them about equally. I think that Metallica is a bit better but that is one game where you definitely get your money’s worth from a premium. So I guess I recommend a Metallica but only if you get the Premium. But you wouldn’t go wrong with Aerosmith either.

#4 4 years ago

Metallica is a great game and had a loaded pro but something about Aerosmith makes it more enjoyable for me, not sure what other than the music.

Really can’t go wrong with either.

#5 4 years ago

Good lord. Metallica all day long. You need to play one for yourself. Top 5 title with great layout, toys, modes & coding by Lyman. Guessing this poll will be 80/20 Metallica, if not more.

#6 4 years ago

I think Metallica is a better game, yet I own Aerosmith. I think Metallica pro is better than premium, damn hammer gets in the way and breaks a lot at least that is what a friend tells me about his.

#7 4 years ago

Had them both and enjoyed them both. I’d take a MET though.

#8 4 years ago

Metallica is easily John Borg's best game (not saying much). Aerosmith is decent, but it's just a more refined version of Kiss.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Everyone including myself will tell you Metallica but Aerosmith is also a very good, underrated game.

Perfect. Been leaning that way but from the looks of it, Metallica is the winner

#10 4 years ago

Cant go wrong with these. I vote Met Premium but if we are talking pro versus pro i would be happier with Aerosmith.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

I own both games and I love them about equally. I think that Metallica is a bit better but that is one game where you definitely get your money’s worth from a premium. So I guess I recommend a Metallica but only if you get the Premium. But you wouldn’t go wrong with Aerosmith either.

Had this same discussion with someone on ac/dc and ended up with the premium. I'll have to find one to play.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Good lord. Metallica all day long. You need to play one for yourself. Top 5 title with great layout, toys, modes & coding by Lyman. Guessing this poll will be 80/20 Metallica, if not more.

So far you're right on the money with 80/20

#13 4 years ago

I own a MET pro and absolutely love it. It's not going anywhere soon. Had an Aerosmith LE for quite a while, but recently parted with it. Great game. If those were my two choices I'd go MET.

#14 4 years ago

Metallica by a long shot.

#15 4 years ago

This is Lars Ulrich, drummer for Metallica. He was going to have a gold plated shark tank bar installed at his pool. But now some people are buying Aerosmith Pro instead. Now he will have to wait a few months to get the gold plated shark tank bar. You don’t want to be part of the problem do you?

A2FF97E6-4A15-4AA5-9AAB-B34FC5A4C5B5 (resized).jpegA2FF97E6-4A15-4AA5-9AAB-B34FC5A4C5B5 (resized).jpeg

But seriously both games are super fun, edge to Metallica.

#16 4 years ago

I had a Metallica premium and didn’t love it. I got sick of just bashing things. I got an AS pro and enjoy it much more. I am definitely in the minority, though. But this is why you should try and play before you buy. Everyone likes something different.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

This is Lars Ulrich, drummer for Metallica. He was going to have a gold plated shark tank bar installed at his pool. But now some people are buying Aerosmith Pro instead. Now he will have to wait a few months to get the gold plated shark tank bar. You don’t want to be part of the problem do you?
[quoted image]
But seriously both games are super fun, edge to Metallica.

Hilarious. Is this a real episode of South Park? I need to find it.

#18 4 years ago

I have both machines. Le for Aerosmith and Premium for Metallica. Get the Metallica premium for sure!!!! No pro. One of my best music pins hands down. You cannot get any better. Hope this helps.

#19 4 years ago

If you prefer long ball times and like Metallica, go MET

If you like shorter ball times and prefer Aerosmith, go AS.

#20 4 years ago

I have MET premium and Aerosmith pro. Aerosmith gets more play at my house.

#21 4 years ago

Have both, pros. Met is better game, but aero is a blast too. Personally I'd buy an iron naiden prem

#22 4 years ago

Metallica is a grind. Great rules, good playfield, but....but...unless you get deeeeeep into games... you’ll Have more fun with Aerosmith.

That’s my opinion, and I know it’s not the prevailing one.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from tdes78:

Hilarious. Is this a real episode of South Park? I need to find it.

Yeah it was just on too. It’s the Napster episode where Cartman creates the Christian Rock band.

It’s a bummer you haven’t been able to find a MET to play yet. Entirely different rule set than AS. They used to be a lot more common but fell to the rise of LCD games on locations. There’s still 1-2 in Boston, perhaps one at SNHPC in Nashua, and one in south Portland if you’re heading up there.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yeah it was just on too. It’s the Napster episode where Cartman creates the Christian Rock band.
It’s a bummer you haven’t been able to find a MET to play yet. Entirely different rule set than AS. They used to be a lot more common but fell to the rise of LCD games on locations. There’s still 1-2 in Boston, perhaps one at SNHPC in Nashua, and one in south Portland if you’re heading up there.

I'll check it out in Nashua. Thanks

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Metallica is a great game and had a loaded pro but something about Aerosmith makes it more enjoyable for me, not sure what other than the music.
Really can’t go wrong with either.

If I break it down to music preference, it's Metallica all day every day.

#26 4 years ago

There's no comparison - MET is in a different league. No question one of Stern's absolute best games ever. Perfect balance of rules and difficulty. I've had my pro for years and still love playing it. I'm not a huge MET fan but works great as a theme plus band does all the callouts.

#27 4 years ago

I own both and Metallica all the way.

#29 4 years ago

I had a Metallica Pro. Did not miss it when it was gone. I don't see the reason to get Aerosmith LE. I don't think it offers much over a Prem.

#30 4 years ago

Both are fun I still own Met sold Aerosmith. My Met is the only pin hooked up to sub.
Tonight playing it my wife heard it from the garage it's awesome more song choices than Aerosmith which I like. Once you get the game going its a blast. So I voted Met.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I had a Metallica Pro. Did not miss it when it was gone. I don't see the reason to get Aerosmith LE. I don't think it offers much over a Prem.

So maybe I wait for a good buy on a premium. Looks like Aerosmith is out. Thanks

#32 4 years ago

I’ve owned both. Still have MET (since 2013). Got rid of AS pro after 9 months.

MET by a mile!

#33 4 years ago

Metallica Pro for me, great game and I don't care for the hammer on the premium. Save some money and get the pro. My dad had an AS Pro, it was a good game and I enjoyed playing it, but it isn't in the same league as Metallica.

#34 4 years ago

MET is fantastic. Hitting the three drop targets on the left to get to multiball is so much fun and rewarding.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

MET is fantastic. Hitting the three drop targets on the left to get to multiball is so much fun and rewarding.

That's the pro version?

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Metallica Pro for me, great game and I don't care for the hammer on the premium. Save some money and get the pro. My dad had an AS Pro, it was a good game and I enjoyed playing it, but it isn't in the same league as Metallica.cool, is that the only significant difference between pro and premium?

#37 4 years ago

Thanks everyone. Metallica is the clear winner. I'll keep an eye out for a nice one.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from tdes78:

Thanks everyone. Metallica is the clear winner. I'll keep an eye out for a nice one.

I posted that my friend is looking for one in the area and got three machines that were really nice in the area!

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Both are fun I still own Met sold Aerosmith. My Met is the only pin hooked up to sub.
Tonight playing it my wife heard it from the garage it's awesome more song choices than Aerosmith which I like. Once you get the game going its a blast. So I voted Met.

34C710A0-D601-4E93-B575-C84951EB74A6 (resized).jpeg34C710A0-D601-4E93-B575-C84951EB74A6 (resized).jpeg
#40 4 years ago

Love MET but the trunk and LCD makes Aero my vote DMD is the past

#41 4 years ago

I struggled with this same desicion earlier in the year. I decided on a nib Metallica pro. I absolutely love it. I've added a few awesome mods and plan for a color dmd in the future to make it even better. By far my favorite pin. I believe MET pro is the best pro available from Stern

#42 4 years ago

I have both in a deep music lineup. Met and AS get the most plays. Both great games; I would tell you to get both as there is no clear winner on this one

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from tdes78:

That's the pro version?

Yes. On the premium the cross rises after getting the multiball. On the pro the cross is already raised/in up position

#44 4 years ago

The premium adds the hammer, the rising cross, spinners, a little different lighting and the lower snake jaw moves up. I'm not saying the premium is bad, I just prefer the pro because I don't like the hammer and I prefer saving the $$$ for another game. Either way its a great game.

#45 4 years ago

Let me have a chat with my children...

MET_vs_AS (resized).JPGMET_vs_AS (resized).JPG

They said I shouldn't choose between them. First of all, MET. There ya go. However, I play AS more. Granted, it is newer, but that isn't it. I find AS very relaxing and fun. It shoots really nice, and the rules are decent. I work from home, and I will toss a game on AS almost every day during lunch. Sometimes when I play MET, I walk away angry because I'm trying to double a CIU mode or something stupid when I miss and drain. Sometimes I love that challenge, but sometimes I just want to play some pinball and enjoy it. AS is that kind of fun game for me. I know it isn't that popular, but the game just suits me. And unlike my MET, I have AS set up fairly easily. Both of mine are Pro games.

And yes, that is my red-headed step child AC/DC Pro right next to them. I have to be in the mood to play that game. I really like it, but don't play it as much anymore. However when the mood strikes, that is also a great game.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from bigcat68:

I've added a few awesome mods and plan for a color dmd in the future to make it even better. By far my favorite pin. I believe MET pro is the best pro available from Stern

It’s a hell of a game! I just put a color DMD into mine last night, the instructions are horrible so be aware. I wound up watching a YouTube video to see how to install it correctly.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Let me have a chat with my children...
[quoted image]
They said I shouldn't choose between them. First of all, MET. There ya go. However, I play AS more. Granted, it is newer, but that isn't it. I find AS very relaxing and fun. It shoots really nice, and the rules are decent. I work from home, and I will toss a game on AS almost every day during lunch. Sometimes when I play MET, I walk away angry because I'm trying to double a CIU mode or something stupid when I miss and drain. Sometimes I love that challenge, but sometimes I just want to play some pinball and enjoy it. AS is that kind of fun game for me. I know it isn't that popular, but the game just suits me. And unlike my MET, I have AS set up fairly easily. Both of mine are Pro games.
And yes, that is my red-headed step child AC/DC Pro right next to them. I have to be in the mood to play that game. I really like it, but don't play it as much anymore. However when the mood strikes, that is also a great game.

Sweet setup!

3284 (resized).jpeg3284 (resized).jpeg
#48 4 years ago

I would go with Aerosmith. Metallica us getting outdated.

Ranking the rock games: as, IM, met, kiss, acdc

#49 4 years ago

Metallica is great but can suffer from chopping wood style game play. Both have great art but Metallica wins in regards to callouts and I feel the music suits pinball a little more. Can't really lose with both but I think Metallica wins especially once you get deeper into the game.

#50 4 years ago

Do you like GNR or ACDC more?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-or-aerosmith?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.