• AC/DC 96 votes
    60%

(161 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

huh.png
Legend-Darkness-12.jpg
Grumpy-Cat.jpg
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Don't judge what you havn't played.

People would NEVER do that on this forum.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

But for years, you would take a loss on them from NIB price.

I find that strange as it was such a money maker on location. But it's a strange world after all.

AS for an actual vote I guess I have to go Metallica even though it's hard for me to say. ACDC is a fun playing game I can play on location...wouldn't want to own one.
I like ACDC Music 1000 times better than Metalica but the game might turn out better so I guess I'd roll the dice.

#53 11 years ago

MM was a good money maker. AFM not so much. You have to actually have stuff on the playfield to get people to put money in. Everytime I saw AFM on route back in the day, I would walk right past it and play whatever was there that wasn't AFM, because it looked so cheap and boring.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

MM was a good money maker. AFM not so much.

Diff'rent arcade diff'rent results I guess.

#55 11 years ago

To me the reason Metallica is selling like hot cakes is because of ACDC so it's a testament to that game and how good it is. People assume since ACDC is so good Metallica will follow suit with Lyman doing the code. I'm sure other things like toys and metal ramps are a factor but the bottom line is most people are only gonna risk that kind of money on a pin because of the developers and their track record for good games.

If ACDC hadn't been made first we wouldn't see the sales we see right now. That's not saying it wouldn't eventually be just as good, just that one great machine had to be made to start the hype machine.

#56 11 years ago

angry bird or metallica?

what? we can't compare, why.... oh wait it's not out yet!

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

angry bird or metallica?
what? we can't compare, why.... oh wait it's not out yet!

So fuKn TrUe,StupiD

#58 11 years ago

the proven finished one

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Unicorn shit would really pile up. Unless it comes out as cupcake frosting. Then i'd be in business.

^^^ Nice - one of the few redeeming quotes in this silly thread.
You know you are being sucked into the darkside of Pinside when you realize you actually clicked on this link - Going to play some AC/DC now - Don't have a Metallica to compare it to yet

#60 11 years ago

I voted AC/DC because its proved its worth. I really hope the metallica Pro ends up being a quality game as I cannot afford new stern prices. Looks like this (metallica) pro version is comparable to games from a few years back before the LE revolution.

#61 11 years ago

I pick the smurfs.

1 month later
#62 10 years ago

Bump

#63 10 years ago

I have played all versons of ac dc. its a great game. I have only played the pro model metallica.
theme wise its 6 of one a half dozen of the other. on game pay alone, im really liking metallica. its too early to tell as the code will be refined. I have actually been thinking about making this my first nib. although I told myself I am holding out for spooky pinball zombies.

#64 10 years ago

At this point, Metallica music is not near( if at all) as integrated with the rules/gameplay as is AC/DC's. However, the art package is superior to anything I've seen in a long time, including WoZ.

#65 10 years ago

I would get both the unicorn and the leprechaun, put them in a cell until I get my leprunicorn.

Sneaky, freaky, fast as hell, centaur with gold horn

#66 10 years ago

I voted for the unicorn. I feel I could trust it more, and I don't like chaunflakes.

A game or three on Metallica would be good but I don't know where to find one yet.

#67 10 years ago

I played 10 games of Metallica today, and my opinion of the game is definitely changing. I don't know if they made any changes to the callouts, but I wasn't annoyed by them this time. Still a couple of them that I remember being slightly annoyed with, but I have to admit that they do kinda fit in with the part of the game I heard them in today. I had fun today. I wasn't blown away like I was when IZ played AC/DC, but it was definitely fun. IF I didn't have to leave to pick up the dog from boarding, I would have happily stayed there for a few more hours to play.

I think I am going to take another trip down to Roseville soon to play it again. This definitely could make a trifecta of music pins that I want to buy this year. GnR and AC/DC are definite additions. I will say that I think the Metallica Pro is a little better than the AC/DC Pro. I am definitely planning to buy AC/DC Premium, but I think t the Metallica Pro will have to really be exceptional to buy it instead of the Pro. I hope it is.

The skill shot on Metallica needs to be a little tougher though. I think I only managed to miss it once out of the 10 games I played.

#68 10 years ago

Now that I've played them, Metallica for sure.

#69 10 years ago

Have only played Metallica Pro and AC/DC Premium, no question it is AC/DC.

#70 10 years ago

AC/DC is one of the best pinball games ever made. Metallica is still being worked on with the software and being tuned. Now I like the Metallica layout (inline drops are way sweet!) and I think that the multiball start is the best electric chair multiball start ever (yes... even better than TAF), however, this game is still rough.

Here's where I see the games differentiating themselves.
1) PF layout:
a) Metallica has a standard issue fan layout with 10 major shots to make. Orbits and ramps are very smooth. Inline drops... where have you been all this time?
b) AC/DC has more drops to hit and the cannon makes cross playfield play a real challenge. I'm not so hot about the ball exits the bumpers through the bell lane and SDTM. The lower PF is a very nice addition and has not been seen in a long time.

2) Rules / Playability
a) Metallica has a number of multiball modes and a software development cycle that is still in the works.
b) AC/DC "may" have more updates on the way in the future... but in the meantime, this game's rules are deep and tuned. You can play this game AT LEAST a dozen different ways.

3) Music
a) Metallica, Metal for the masses.
b) AC/DC, timeless rock n' roll.

4)Financial value
a) Metallica is selling out like hotcakes. Limited editions are sold out
b) AC/DC will be in production for (I'm guessing) at least another year. LE's are already 5 figure games.

5) The Takeaway
a) Metallica "might" become a great game. It will definitely not be as deep as AC/DC.
b) I am going to buy my first brand new pinball game this year. It will be an AC/DC. SHAZAM!

Be well.

KMR

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Your point is well taken, and we should go back to the previously well known idea that all NIB games take a hit once out of the box, just like a car.
However, in this case if we assume Lyman is the sole software developer on Metallica, the chances are significantly better than 5% you won't lose your shirt on Metallica. I counted Lyman as the sole software guy on 5 pins with 3 different designers. Is it coincidence all 5 of those are in Pinside's top 10 rankings, and not one of them is worth less than NIB price even in rough condition?
ACDC, SM, AFM, MM, MB
(Ok ACDC is still in production, but it's holding up fine)

Interesting stats! That would be the perfect line up. All Lyman. I want MB again to play Lyman Lament. How does he come up such great rules?

#72 10 years ago

played metallica at PAGG a month ago, have to go with AC/DC. Also if I hear Hetfield yelling "gimme fuel gimme fire" again I will have to break something hahaha, I like the older metallica

1 month later
#73 10 years ago

uh...

huh.pnghuh.png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-or-acdc/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.