IMG_3612[1].JPG
th.jpeg
NP3-23-13.jpg
image.jpg
sadgarfield.jpg
please_do_not_feed_the_troll.jpg
IMG_1209.jpg
IMG_1210.jpg

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 9 years ago

Good friends with the owner Kevin, we just help him put a Metallica here in addition to his other games...

All of the games are in Excellent condition in a great family location with great Pizza

Rollergames
Indiana Jones (Stern)
The Shadow
Red & Teds Road Show
Batman(I forget if its DE or Sega)

http://www.pallazzospizza.com

3228 Yorba Linda Blvd.
Fullerton, Ca. 92831
(At Bradford In The Kohl's Shopping Center)

#2 9 years ago

I was there a few weeks ago - the Batman is Data East. Now I'll have to drive back down to check out Metallica!

#3 9 years ago

wow I did not know that....that is possibly one of OCs best pinball venue

#4 9 years ago

Need to go up there when I'm near the land of o-din and surfsidedetail!!!

#5 9 years ago

I put the high score up last night at 71 mil

Better go back and play your machine some more Nate!

#6 9 years ago

Good spot! I like the $100 challenges on the games. I ordered a salad though and there were not one but two *edited because I don't want to be bagging on this place* in it. The gal working was nice so I didn't say anything but contrary to popular opinion I don't like to eat *edited*.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballMolly:

Good spot! I like the $100 challenges on the games. I ordered a salad though and there were not one but two dead flies in it. The gal working was nice so I didn't say anything but contrary to popular opinion I don't like to eat flies.

Did they charge extra for the flies Molly?

Perhaps they were special "salad flies"

... But maybe not. Ewww!

rd

#8 9 years ago

*Edited* are included, I believe! I don't want to detract from the worthiness of the location; it's really great. Doting pin-lover owner no doubt. I just don't eat *edited*!

#9 9 years ago

From some of the pictures posted by fellow male Pinsiders, I doubt too many would be ordering the salad

rd.

#10 9 years ago

Well, sure, ya don't see a high pinball to supermodel turnover I suppose, but there are certainly some handsome devils running about the pin-mix!

#11 9 years ago

Well, I had the salad today with the personal pizza and it was (from what I could tell) "fly-free".

As you can now tell, I visited Pallazzo's just before noon- not knowing I would have a bonus "special" surprise waiting for me in the form of a Metallica Pro!
I was just hungry and wanted to play some Rollergames while I waited for my food. I messaged RobT about my find and he said there was already a thread in progress. (Gotta' love Pinside! )
Kevin was there when I arrived and he was giving me the lowdown on the game while I ordered.
I tend to go to Pallazzo's specifically because they have pinball; Kevin is a great guy who cares about his machines more than the local ops do and I greatly appreciate that. (Plus, he's really close!)
It's hard finding a pizza joint in this "modern" era that has more than one slightly working machine in OC, let alone SIX nice ones.

Sadly, this will only be a temporary home (T-Minus two weeks!) since it's not his game.
A hearty "thanks" to Nate for bringing this in anyway. I will be dumping quarters in this game until then! I guess there will be a tournament on Wednesday night at around 6:30 if anyone wants to play. This is my first time playing the game BTW and all I can say is it's pretty damn quick!
Flailing on this machine will definitely punish you- severely!
Getting the EC multiball started is pretty easy and the steel ramps have a good fLoWy feel to them, but man, that damn 'effing snake... I'm hoping it's just an adjustment because that sucker spits SDTM almost every time. It took about three games to get the timing down on saving that PITA.
For those that are getting just the pro, you will be very pleased with how the stock game plays.

At the end of my visit I had seven games total with scores ranging from 4 mil to just under 40 mil.
I thought the 40 mil game was going to be a good one, starting with 22 mil on ball one. Nope! A quick drain on the second and a disappointing third ball ALL multiball outlane-drain to end the game. I knew in my head that I was playing too reckless and should have just cradled to stay in control but, that damn music just urged me to go-go-go! It was almost akin to how IM makes you want to "run and gun" when you're in the zone.

I will definitely be back for more!

*whispers*
Your high score will be a temporary one pinBilly!

Here are some sub-par grainy pics...

The cab!
IMG_1210.jpg
Already LED'd...
IMG_1209.jpg

#12 9 years ago

I ordered a salad though and there were not one but two dead flies in it.

You going to crap on this location too?

Like you did on this one? http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/socal-metallica-where-the-morons-go

#13 9 years ago

Thanks for the info NP!!

#14 9 years ago

I'm flying to Morocco this week and my flight just got delayed a day, so I'm going to check out this Metallica today! I'm sorry if anyone thought I was crapping on this guy's location, clealy I was not and I've posted in the Captain's Auction threads too...the owner is obviously a pin fanatic and it shows. Games are clean & level and dialed in. I mean I'm going to order a salad again, too. I wasn't particularly put off by the flies, just thought them worthy of mention; wasn't enough to keep me from coming back!

Anyway it's a holiday so others might be free, just putting it out there that if anyone wants to put in an hour or so at Palazzo's I'm going to roll down! I have a lot of quarters.

#15 9 years ago

Prop is a little crazy, or alot...few others here are crazy too, but most of us are normal'ish

#16 9 years ago

He seems unwell. It was a beautiful day yesterday. I was enjoying rooftop drinks and chatting with my friends and he was sweating behind a computer furiously thumbs downing posts and inventing little fake realities in his head. Eek.

#17 9 years ago

Time to take a short bike ride over to Pallazo's to have a slice and play Metallica.
Thanks for the heads up! I can only watch so many videos before I go insane.

#18 9 years ago

He seems unwell. It was a beautiful day yesterday. I was enjoying rooftop drinks and chatting with my friends and he was sweating behind a computer furiously thumbs downing posts and inventing little fake realities in his head. Eek.

please_do_not_feed_the_troll.jpg

#19 9 years ago

Nice!
I was already going to head down again after my terrible play yesterday; now that I've read more of the rules hopefully my scores/play today will reflect it! Plus, having two Pinsiders there to possibly play with will make it even better! I'll be starting the lunch shift.

I've got a fresh roll of quarters to donate to the cause too!

Ride safe o-din.

#20 9 years ago

Can anyone confirm this place is open today? Two long distance Metallica strikeouts in one week might be a tad much. Phone rings and rings and I don't see their schedule online.

#21 9 years ago

Open 2:00 to 9:00 today

#22 9 years ago

Yippee! Thanks Nifty! Let's party!

#23 9 years ago

i just got back from pallazzos pizza today..... went with a couple of my buddys and got to get one game in. lots of dudes playing it today (seemed like a good group of guys). met a few new people and really loved the pin....... loved the artwork, loved the gameplay too. wish i coulda got mo' games in, but its all good. met the owner kevin for the first time who was a super nice, down to earth guy. saw gprotein there too as well as pinballmoly. hope to make it back over there thursday night

#24 9 years ago

Yippee! Thanks Nifty! Let's party!

That is pretty serious for you to brave the freeways and come down to the OC for Metallica. Respect for you....Pinhead (I say that in a respectful way)

#25 9 years ago

Finally, a Monday that didn't suck!

Take THAT- Garfield!
sadgarfield.jpg

I was really glad I checked in on this thread early this morning, or else I would've missed all the fun.
A big "thanks" to everyone who came out to play a few four-player games of Metallica this Memorial Day.
It was great to meet more Pinsiders as usual- as well as some other pinheads not on this site.
An even bigger thanks to o-din and his hospitality, for letting us continue the pin-party at his place.
I had an absolute blast even though my scores were pretty sub-par.

Five hours of pinball in total... Not too shabby for the beginning of the week!
Thanks again everyone!

Dinner at El Farolito is on me o-din, next time we hang.

#26 9 years ago

It was quite the gathering.

#27 9 years ago

I was glad to meet all you fellow pinheads today. Metallica kicked our ass!!1 Just when I figured out how to keep the ball in play after the snake spits SDTM, it found another way to beat me. It's going to be fun trying to master this game.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was quite the gathering.

INDEED. Real people playing pinball. Nice to meet you and all the rest!

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from juster:

Real people playing pinball.

Hahaha, seriously!
Sometimes stepping away from this site to play pinball in a public environment can do wonders for the soul/mind; beer usually helps too...

#30 9 years ago

Stop by anytime!

#31 9 years ago

Great to meet you guys and gal, what a nice group of pinheads.

O-din, wonderful time of playing pins at your place. Once again, you are a gracious host.

#32 9 years ago

I really need to go up for the next party at O-din's!!!

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Hahaha, seriously!
Sometimes stepping away from this site to play pinball in a public environment can do wonders for the soul/mind; beer usually helps too...

I agree but I must say its good to see you posting again.

#34 9 years ago

Checked it out tonight. First time visiting this pizza place. Maybe next time I'll even eat there! Put in a coupla games on Metallica and liked it a lot. I like that there is both combo action as well as catch and aim shots. Music just became white noise after a while, but was cool. The artwork is fantastic.

Played all the other tables in there. Wow. They are gorgeous looking as well as great playing. Nothing broken, nice rubber, everything led'd out. It was just me and a friend playing (7pm), bummed I missed the party! New to pinside, so woulda been nice to meet people. However, while there the owner of the Metallica machine, Nick, came in. Got to talking to him and it turns out he lives not but a few miles from me. Thanks for sharing your machine!

#35 9 years ago

This was a total blast! I wasn't expecting such a big fun turnout, and it was totally worth the trip. I loved meeting all the Pinsiders! Jamming on Metallica with y'all was great, and once O-Din stepped up to host the after party I couldn't resist. O, you have such a radical collection, you're the king!

Invite me back!

#36 9 years ago

Anytime! You showed the Crytptkeeper whos boss. Great group of people. And even though I love Metallica, GNR still rules the rockin' pinball universe (for now).

#37 9 years ago

I was going to wish it was a little closer to me (looks like about 30 miles straight out the 91) but then I'd look foolish with Molly rolling out! Probably won't have time to go before it leaves since it's a temp home, but love seeing stories of people meeting up in real life.

#38 9 years ago

To all.. it should be there for the whole month of June... if anything changes we will let you know

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was going to wish it was a little closer to me (looks like about 30 miles straight out the 91) but then I'd look foolish with Molly rolling out! Probably won't have time to go before it leaves since it's a temp home, but love seeing stories of people meeting up in real life.

My trip was under half an hour, no big deal at all; Juster is the one with the hike from Van Nuys! I mean, if I'm going to go down that way for the auctions occasionally, I might as well go for fun times too, haha. Odin I did whip up on your TFTC, LOL; I had Nickel in my ear yammering on and all it was just multiball city! Enjoyed your Godzilla, Big Hurt, GnR, and your Nascar very much too!

Metallica, while I could scarcely scratch out 40 mil, was a real treat to play there; thanks Nifty for putting it out!

#40 9 years ago

I'll admit, after everybody left, I got a little lite- headed (probably from not eating) and woke up this morning under a pile of laundry. It was one of those mornings that I was thankful that it wasn't a workday. Then reality hit, and of course this is the busiest day at work ever. I feel fine now. It was great seeing several different and unique playing styles, and everybody that showed up yesterday is welcome back anytime. I'll try not to walk away from so many games after one ball (oops).

Hey NimblePin, El Farolito is sounding pretty good right about now!

#41 9 years ago

#42 9 years ago

by the way..so I can plan a visit, What is Pallazzos like? Is there comfortable seating or is it mostly a take out place. Can I bring my family? Can I get some dinner and put a game or 2 on the machine. Any other items on the menu. Any recommended items? I went to the website but it was a little sparse

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

by the way..so I can plan a visit, What is Pallazzos like? Is there comfortable seating or is it mostly a take out place. Can I bring my family? Can I get some dinner and put a game or 2 on the machine. Any other items on the menu. Any recommended items? I went to the website but it was a little sparse

I would say plenty of seating, you can bring your family...not too noisy... and great food

#44 9 years ago

Plenty of seating! Very family friendly!

#45 9 years ago

Just to let you guys know, there will be a tournament on wednesday at 6:30 pm. Entry fee is $10, and all entry fees will go to cash prizes.

2 weeks later
#46 9 years ago

awwwww yissss

image.jpg

#47 9 years ago

Sweeeeet!
I'll be there tomorrow evening after work to give it a test drive.
Was my score still up before the refresh?

#48 9 years ago

Hey Nimble, ya wanna come check out Joker Poker?

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Sweeeeet!
I'll be there tomorrow evening after work to give it a test drive.
Was my score still up before the refresh?

Depends.. what were your initials?

#50 9 years ago

Why "NP" of course! lol.

PM sent o-din...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 74.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!