Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rickwh
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

The left orbit out of the box was so tight the ball got stuck. The lights in the right ball return went out (not the slingshot area, the return to flipper.) And the snake seems difficult to make in most of the time. Outside of these issues, it's an amazing game!

I pushed in a little bit on the inside of the left orbit, while it somewhat worked, I think it's not the right shape. I can replace light bulbs but I can't see the socket to see if there's any loose connections. And most ball shots have to be absolutely perfect for the snake off the left flipper. The right flipper never makes it in -- Although most shots appear to make it every time but drool out.

Suggestions?

#2 10 years ago

We are gonna need some pics to help ya out on the left orbit issue. Most lights in my met pro are 555 bulbs or 44/47 bulbs. Some pics of which ones are out would help as well.

#3 10 years ago

Are the lights that are out LED's ? If so they are likely daisy chained together from board to board. I'd follow the boards around and see if you have a loose connector or loose wire in a connector.

LTG : )

#4 10 years ago

Those bulbs are a pain in the ass to get to because they are under the flipper mechs. I replaced them from above the playfield. They're bayonet if I remember correctly, so you can undo them with the plastics still in place. I put in LEDs. If its not that, maybe the flipper mech is messing with the bases?

#5 10 years ago

The Snake shot is tight. It will loosen up as you get better. You can also move the jaw down from under the playfield. Also, try to hit the right side of the captive ball - it will bounce in a lot.

#6 10 years ago

I think i noticed an on route Metallica having the same lights out issue. Seems odd both bulbs are out.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The Snake shot is tight. It will loosen up as you get better. You can also move the jaw down from under the playfield. Also, try to hit the right side of the captive ball - it will bounce in a lot.

Agreed. It seems that the spin off the captive ball pulls the ball in an arc up into the snake's mouth.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Are the lights that are out LED's ?

Its a stock pro. Their wedge shaped incandescent.

#9 10 years ago

This is an issue with the design. I had same issue. The problem on mine was a loose wire lead for slingshots. They pigtailed three together from stern to feed the 555's? Why they use 555 on GI-I scratch my head? Anyway I had to re-solder and flow a good amount in to get all three pigs connected again.

#10 10 years ago

I have never had GI light issues under the slings. But when i got mine outta box there were a couple 555s that i had to reseat or replace. One of the spots on the slings, and the coffin insert near the flippers i believe

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 26.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 29.95
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-new-out-of-boxnoob-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.