• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by astaroth
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Couldn’t find this info anywhere else.... upon entering Crank it Up “For
Whom The Bell Tolls” mode I get an automatic 2 or 3 ball multiball but only once every 3-4 times I reach that stage. Is this by design as I might have completed other things that enable this feature or is this just an issue with my pin? Anything else including the infamous trough cabling seems fine and in no other moments I get any “extra” ball.

#2 5 years ago

All crank it ups are single ball modes. If you are getting multiballs for any of them something is wrong. Their is a ball save for CIU so it's possible something is making the game think you've drained a ball and it's kicking out another. The through should be able to keep better track of that though so my guess is something is wrong there.

#3 5 years ago

When I unboxed my MET, from day 1 if I hit the mystery hole while ball save was active I would get another ball.

Switch on the Mystery Hole was wired backwards from the factory and the Mystery Hole was reading itself and an outlane. What was weird was that it involved the inline drops somehow and we went down that rabbit hole before figuring it out. The diode was correct so I missed that the wires were swapped for a while.

If it doesn't always happen when you start CIU then keep track of what else is closed (drop, snake, etc) when you have this occur. Trough also a good suspect.

At least this was the case for me.

#4 5 years ago

I am currently borrowing Metallica from a friend and the CIU multiball issues happened to me too, maybe 2 or 3 times. I was pretty sure CIU was always supposed to be single ball play, so I’ve been wondering how this happened too.

#5 5 years ago

I have seen this maybe 2 or 3 times out of a couple hundred plays. I have magnetized ball issues that occasionally get stuck in the trough and cause issues during other multiballs; either too few or sometimes too many launched out. I had dismissed my CIU MB phenomenon to be related to this happening at the start of the mode with the ball save active.

#6 5 years ago

Never seen that on mine. CIU modes are definitely single ball play. Trough switch issues are often to blame for issues like this but would think you would see more issues during gameplay. Do you get the right number of balls on all the normal multiballs? For cross and snake mb you should start with two balls and be able to add a third. For sparky mb, you start with three and can add a fourth. Coffin is a four ball mb. Does the game ever end a ball with it still in play?

#7 5 years ago

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I will definitely check the wiring as suggested. But given that this has started happening only on later code levels and the fact that I do sometimes get the odd number of balls in regular MB plays, I think this can be traced back to overly magnetized balls (The cross MB super jackpot stuck balls could be a hint too).

Damn! For a moment I was hoping this to be a new feature!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 149.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-multiball-bug and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.