3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by AlexSMendes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Lars-Kisses-Kirk-Load-Era (resized).jpg
83e556ce000b6a5548f36843 (resized).jpg
destruction-band1 (resized).jpg
14102779_1165837653475067_6847414059908898190_o (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
Destruction-Day-Of-Reckoning-Standard-Cover (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

So Metallica put out another new song today titled Moth Into Flame with a video for it as well! Any Metallica fans on here got a chance to check it out? I think It's a great sign for the new album!

#3 3 years ago

I was glad to hear about Destruction going vinyl.

Haven't been able to get them on anything but CD lately.

Destruction-Day-Of-Reckoning-Standard-Cover (resized).jpg

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

#5 3 years ago

Metallica?? 1st 2 albums only...............

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Metallica?? 1st 2 albums only...............

I'd say first 4.

#7 3 years ago

These 2 new songs are awful.

#8 3 years ago

New Metallica = Crap.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

ยป YouTube video

This is the official DESTRUCTION thread..... MAD BUTCHEEEERRRR!!!

#11 3 years ago

This new song is gooooooood! The boys are back in fine form as witnessed live in San Francisco a few months back. Metal up your ass forever!

#12 3 years ago

I think this song is pretty forgettable. Except for the chorus it kinda sucked. Sorry. And I'm A big Metallica fan for almost 30 years now.

#13 3 years ago

Hardwired is a much better song than the newer release...It will be in my pin soon

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Scored this Elektra original pressing at the used record shop last week in the new arrivals. Lucky timing.

image (resized).jpeg

#15 3 years ago

Metallica will always have a place in metal history, like it or not, I'm glad they are still making music and look forward to the new album and a live show soon. Metal fuckin rules!

#16 3 years ago

I really like Metallica's new song, it has a good energizing sound. Don't know what it is but just can't seem to get into the guitar riff around 1:26-1:44, 2:28-2:47 & 4:58-5:06. Otherwise the rest rocks for me.

#17 3 years ago

Curious to hear the song about Lemmy called Murder One I believe which I read in recent interview

#18 3 years ago

You guys are going off-topic, let me get this thread back on track:

14102779_1165837653475067_6847414059908898190_o (resized).jpg

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

You guys are going off-topic, let me get this thread back on track:

OK

#20 3 years ago

Had the anniversary of Cliff's passing yesterday. Cliff is from another planet with the bass style he had! The greatest musician of all time, Rest In Peace to the LEGEND!

#21 3 years ago

GO LISTEN TO ANTHRAX'S NEW ALBUM

#22 3 years ago

Don't have headphones so cannot listen to the new one. Always love hearing people complain that you should only listen to the first x number of albums. Their sound has changed a lot over the years, but at least they put effort in it. Even St. Anger still stands up. Doesn't sound like their roots, but it has aged better than a lot of what passes for top 40 from when it came out.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Don't have headphones so cannot listen to the new one. Always love hearing people complain that you should only listen to the first x number of albums. Their sound has changed a lot over the years, but at least they put effort in it. Even St. Anger still stands up. Doesn't sound like their roots, but it has aged better than a lot of what passes for top 40 from when it came out.

Old School Thrash Metal Rules! Any music from mid-90's til today sucks, except from the bands that still keep the Old School Thrash Metal essence, like DESTRUCTION (obviously, metallica not included).

destruction-band1 (resized).jpg

#24 3 years ago

Worst part of the new song is bubble gum pop chorus.....James needs to quit "singing" and go to his old style. Everything from Death Magnetic on sounds like it was recorded in a tin can...just has a high pitch undertone especially on the drums.....the guitar riff is LAME........it has no feeling to it.....good riffs don't need lots of notes but has to grab you. Metallica proved simple riffs can be just as powerful....compare Master of Puppets intro to Sad but True or Enter Sandman for example.

It's great they are in a place they can explore musically and not worry if people like it or not as they can always tour on the hits of the past. Change works for some bands and not for others. Compare the Beatles from I Want to Hold Your Hand to Sgt. Peppers and on and the musical change is dramatic....

Success has changed them......they definitely don't have the drive of the early days but I am sure it would get old trying to pump out the same kind of album over and over.......

#25 3 years ago

I just don't think they have the spark of Cliff Burton. Everyone in the band learned from cliff because of his wonderful talent of playing music in a very beautiful, melodic, and badass way. James tried to make fun of his voice on Kill Em All and I was like HELL NO! James had a perfect voice up until 1994 even with his tone change.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Beemus:

Scored this Elektra original pressing at the used record shop last week in the new arrivals. Lucky timing.

Badass! Live in Seattle 1989 is the most badass show of all time

#27 3 years ago

I personally think Metallica changed big time after justice and their sound would never be the same. I still support them and I think the new stuff is good given what it is for the state of the game they are in with all the crazy things that have happened And given that cliff isn't writing the music anymore, it's not gonna be as good as the classics. The classics stand the test of time for sure and I think Metallica's sound has changed over time like most bands do and I'm for sure not the biggest fan of the vocals on the new stuff I wish James had that yell he used to. But hey dudes it could be worse, least it's not lulu part 2

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Worst part of the new song is bubble gum pop chorus.

If Metallica wants to keep selling downloads, they need poppy hooks or girls won't buy it.

Even though Megadeth is the better of the two bands, the songs you hear on the radio or strip bar are always the ones with the big hook:

#29 3 years ago

Megadeath is not the better band. They have nowhere near the range of Metallica or anywhere near the proliferation. Metallica is just on another level.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Megadeath is not the better band. They have nowhere near the range of Metallica or anywhere near the proliferation. Metallica is just on another level.

Agree. MEGADETH is a whole different level, nowhere near metallica....

83e556ce000b6a5548f36843 (resized).jpg

Lars-Kisses-Kirk-Load-Era (resized).jpg

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Metalmanmiles:

I personally think Metallica changed big time after justice and their sound would never be the same. I still support them and I think the new stuff is good given what it is for the state of the game they are in with all the crazy things that have happened And given that cliff isn't writing the music anymore, it's not gonna be as good as the classics. The classics stand the test of time for sure and I think Metallica's sound has changed over time like most bands do and I'm for sure not the biggest fan of the vocals on the new stuff I wish James had that yell he used to. But hey dudes it could be worse, least it's not lulu part 2

James admitted they struggled with Justice. The songs are complex and were really hard to play live. Since they do actually play their music live, it was a conscious decision to start making shorter and simpler songs.

Its funny to read the comments about how they "changed after the first 4 albums" when all of those are vastly different. Its a no-win situation for any band, stay the same and people call them stale. Change and get called a sell-out.

#32 3 years ago

I can't blame Metallica for wanting to make money but I do blame them for this.

After impacting my childhood years with great music they just went to shit after Justice.

#33 3 years ago

Saw Cattle Decapitation last night. Holy fuck. Have not seen a pit so brutal and violent since Slayer in the early 90's. It was insane. Best Tuesday ever.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

James admitted they struggled with Justice. The songs are complex and were really hard to play live. Since they do actually play their music live, it was a conscious decision to start making shorter and simpler songs.
Its funny to read the comments about how they "changed after the first 4 albums" when all of those are vastly different. Its a no-win situation for any band, stay the same and people call them stale. Change and get called a sell-out.

Yeah I know, every album Metallica has made sounds different, just my opinion man.

#35 3 years ago

I love Metallica and Megadeth the same. Both of them are legendary.

#36 3 years ago

Bump for the official DESTRUCTION pinside thread!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 12.00
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 10.95
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 10.00
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 11.95
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside