(Topic ID: 47049)

Metallica MOP LE Poll: How many did you buy? Please be honest!

By BackFlipper

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by loren3233
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How many Metallica "Master of Puppets" LE's did you order?”

• One 44 votes
    60%
  • Two 6 votes
    8%
  • Three or more 23 votes
    32%

(73 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

I am very curious on the distribution of Metallica MOP LE's. I think Pinside is a great place to be honest and share information. I am not looking for comments on this thread; If everyone is honest, we can get some kind of idea of how many LE's will show up in the market (NIB) at a later date for all of the people who missed out. Your votes will be totally anonymous. I am only looking for collectors/hobbyists, not distributors. Thanks for your cooperation.

#2 11 years ago

Why would anyone buy more than one unless they were trying to flip?

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

Why would anyone buy more than one unless they were trying to flip?

That is exactly the idea. Let's find out the distribution of the games. I know two friends who each got two. Are my friends the norm or an anomaly? Let's see.

#4 11 years ago

I got one for myself to play and enjoy; not in this hobby to make money, but rather to enjoy pinball. 13 years strong in the hobby too.

#5 11 years ago

Man it is sad that several people bought more then one; wish these guys would only take one and that way a bunch of other fellow pinheads could enjoy the game too.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Man it is sad that several people bought more then one; wish these guys would only take one and that way a bunch of other fellow pinheads could enjoy the game too.

To be fair.... Since the demand seems to be high if I was buying one and someone I knew wanted one I'd get a bunch and hopefully save on delivery.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I agree, but this game reminded people of AC/DC BIBLE's and it pulled the greed out of many people. I don't judge anyone. No way I am going to cast the first stone, but I have a feeling that many of these games will be available later at a fair price because TOO MANY people are speculating this time. Again, just a theory.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

That is exactly the idea. Let's find out the distribution of the games. I know two friends who each got two. Are my friends the norm or an anomaly? Let's see.

Unfortunately rich guy speculators are not an anomaly.

Luckily there are still lots of good folks out there also.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Especially since no one would lie on an internet poll just to stir it up right??

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I agree, but this game reminded people of AC/DC BIBLE's and it pulled the greed out of many people. I don't judge anyone. No way I am going to cast the first stone,

Weird. I could have sworn you just did what you said you don't do (calling people greedy).

Bought one for myself and/or the location.

I also think certain people are having a hard time accepting that maybe, just maybe, Stern made a pin that they themselves would love to own if it turns out to have great game play to go along with the great looks?

My nickels worth now that we no longer have the penny.

#11 11 years ago

I bought 1.
My first NIB purchase.
I'll be opening the box and setting it up approx. 14 seconds after it arrives.

#12 11 years ago

I have two shipped to my shop , one for me and one for Randy

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Unfortunately rich guy speculators are not an anomaly.
Luckily there are still lots of good folks out there also.

But the pinball community is a little different IMO. In the corvette community, people congratulate you if you buy two pace cars. They don't call you a dick for buying one to drive and one to store as an investment. In the art community, you are considered daring if you buy two of the same painting as an investment. At my local liquor store, it is not frowned upon to buy more than one lottery ticket.

Again, if we are honest here, we can help get an idea what the market will be later for the people who have missed out. If we get 100 responses or more, we can adjust for the people who are messing around.

#14 11 years ago

what about "0" for an option on poll ?

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Weird. I could have sworn you just did what you said you don't do (calling people greedy).
I also think certain people are having a hard time accepting that maybe, just maybe, Stern made a pin that they themselves would love to own if it turns out to have great game play to go along with the great looks?

I didn't mean it in a bad way, I am sorry for that. I just know that both of my friends who bought two have never bought more than one of any game before. Also, I guess I should have added a slot for "more than two because I have locations."

#16 11 years ago

0 none

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from luch:

what about "0" for an option on poll ?

There is already a poll for people who missed out. I am actually trying to help those people, but I am afraid this thread is going to go sideways. We will see.

#18 11 years ago

Collector fandom drove the ACDC LEs immediately into the "$10k by Christmas" stratosphere.

Hype brought speculators out for XM LEs as well with distributors hoarding them and people buying multiple.

There are still AV LE's available for less than original cost due to the XM LE bubble bursting.

Now we are back to collector fandom with Metallica LE. Hard core fans/collectors planned ahead, while most pre-announcement hype revolved around non-Metallica fans being upset that their favorite band wasn't getting a game.

When Stern pleasantly surprised everyone with an early announcement, including distributors, the only people able to get the LE at that point had only a few hours to get their distributor on the phone, because email and texting did not work. That lack of notice alienated a lot of people who were actually working, or any who were on the fence for more than an hour. There were even people who pre-arranged sales days or weeks in advance who got their pre-order pulled back after Stern adjusted distributor inventory.

I'll say this 5 times a day in 5 different threads. It's really a shame Stern puts customers in this predicament with the LE model. It benefits hard core fan collectors and speculators, but it causes issues with everyone else, including Stern. Remove limits on their top end model, and none of this is an issue. Stern makes more money, collectors get a cheaper game, and speculators make nothing (until the game goes out of production).

#19 11 years ago

None.

Quoted from BackFlipper:

There is already a poll for people who missed out.

And I didn't 'miss out'. I don't spend that kind of money on pins, sorry.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Collector fandom drove the ACDC LEs immediately into the "$10k by Christmas" stratosphere.
Hype brought speculators out for XM LEs as well with distributors hoarding them and people buying multiple.
There are still AV LE's available for less than original cost due to the XM LE bubble bursting.
Now we are back to collector fandom with Metallica LE. Hard core fans/collectors planned ahead, while most pre-announcement hype revolved around non-Metallica fans being upset that their favorite band wasn't getting a game.
When Stern pleasantly surprised everyone with an early announcement, including distributors, the only people able to get the LE at that point had only a few hours to get their distributor on the phone, because email and texting did not work. That lack of notice alienated a lot of people who were actually working, or any who were on the fence for more than an hour. There were even people who pre-arranged sales days or weeks in advance who got their pre-order pulled back after Stern adjusted distributor inventory.
I'll say this 5 times a day in 5 different threads. It's really a shame Stern puts customers in this predicament with the LE model. It benefits hard core fan collectors and speculators, but it causes issues with everyone else, including Stern. Remove limits on their top end model, and none of this is an issue. Stern makes more money, collectors get a cheaper game, and speculators make nothing (until the game goes out of production).

100 percent correct. Perfectly said!

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

I bought 1.
My first NIB purchase.
I'll be opening the box and setting it up approx. 14 seconds after it arrives.

+1

#22 11 years ago

If you are really buying it to play it, buy the premium. The LE is called limited edition for a reason not everyone will be able to get one.

#23 11 years ago

edited for stupidity

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

the poll will get skewed because the only way to see the results is to vote..

Or press "show poll results"

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Practice:

Or press "show poll results"

I noticed that...

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

Especially since no one would lie on an internet poll just to stir it up right??

Haha! I myself was wondering how many of the above votes were honest. I bet at least half the people that put 3 or more were people who were locked out.

I agree it is a shame that this game became unavailable basically within 24 hours of pricing being announced. Really unfortunate; I love the art package and backglass of the LE. Kudos to those of you that were fast and got in on this game.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

In the art community, you are considered daring if you buy two of the same painting as an investment.

Wouldn't two of the same painting make at least one of them a forgery? That would be daring.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I only bought one for myself as well.

#29 11 years ago

I bought 6 of them from JJ (Bulk order for 5 other guys in our Pinball group).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.00
$ 29.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-mop-le-poll-how-many-did-you-buy-please-be-honest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.