6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by musketd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I need some good advice from those in the Pinside community.I have a chance to do an even up trade of my WOZECLE spot for a Metallica MOP LE .I am weighing the pros and cons of each and have reached a Brain F*rt of sorts.
What would you do?

#2 6 years ago

Metallica by 1000x, I don't like the layout on WOZ at all, even though I really like alot of other things about it, the layout just kills it for me...easy choice for me I got MetLE

I am hoping they do a better layout for Hobbit...time will tell...

#3 6 years ago

Its a hard one your overpaying for MOP compared to what the WOZ has... However, one day when a friend of mine said what are you doing - I played WOZ its not a game for you... You like No Fear, AC/DC fast games... All you can say is its an attractive looking game, and it has Keith... Well Lyman is my new coding hero - and MOP looks rather darn good.

#4 6 years ago

Dump the WOZ. Who knows if and when you'll even get it and there will be so many of them, you can always pick one up if it turns out to be good.
If you want to pass my info along, i'll do that trade!

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

your overpaying for MOP compared to what the WOZ has.

How is he overpaying? WOZ is $7500 ($6500 if paid early) and MOP is about $7500, isn't it?

#6 6 years ago

You have to know what you like playing. Do you like TZ ,TSPP or ACDC and MB.
Very different feel. You may also enjoy variety so weigh all that out and then decide which fits in where.
Also factor in that you could be playing MOP next month and WOZ next year..

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Its a hard one your overpaying for MOP compared to what the WOZ has..

How is he over paying? they are about the same price retail. MOP $7595, WOZ production run $7000 or a LE anywhere from $7500 to $8000 depending what day it is.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

How is he overpaying? WOZ is $7500 ($6500 if paid early) and MOP is about $7500, isn't it?

Obvious an opinion but WOZLE has a more expensive BOM - I understood why I was paying what I was paying when I played it (also got in early)

However, just like Hwawonyu said I had to understand what games I enjoyed. The answer is ACDC and MB not TZ and TSPP... nothing against those games but they are not the games for me right now... And not to mention I just got done with the entire delay thing...

#9 6 years ago

I enjoy the game play of IM and Tron LE more than my LOTR LE.

#10 6 years ago

I just realized I have no idea what I am talking about - Metallica should be a fast playing game but who knows.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

but WOZLE has a more expensive BOM

What does BOM stand for?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

What does BOM stand for?

Bill of materials

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

What does BOM stand for?

Bill of Material - LCD, More expensive Bulbs, More Flipper Coils, More Magnet coils, all that clear, Shaker, (Slippers he he) Topper

However, I still sold WOZ for Metallica stern proved themselves to me in my last three games, the other experience was simply not fun anymore and played not to my enjoyment

#14 6 years ago

Depends. Do you have daughters or sons?

#15 6 years ago

Easy choice - MOP LE all the way.

#16 6 years ago

I would say do the trade. It will be difficult (but not impossible with enough $$$) to get another opportunity to own a Metallica MOP. WOZ will be easy to get for many years to come. That's not a knock on WOZ...just a simple fact with how many they are making. WOZ also isn't a theme that will lend itself well for most collectors keeping it long term. Once the initial novelty wears off (and especially after Hobbit hits), there will be a ton changing hands. Metallica will have way less LEs produced and has a much stronger theme (for the average population of pinheads at least), so fewer will likely be changing hands.

It also sounds like your play style preference would lean towards Metallica. Unless someone in your family has their heart majorly set on WOZ, I would make the trade.

#17 6 years ago

Buy the other WOZECLE for sale here on pinside for $7700. Then swap him that for the MOP.

#18 6 years ago

Get Metallica

The WOZ journey has further to go.

MOP can always be sold HUO for a WOZ HUO if needed.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I just realized I have no idea what I am talking about - Metallica should be a fast playing game but who knows.

Your assumption is perfectly reasonable. Considering the fan layout and Borg's track record, I'll be shocked if Metallica isn't a fast game.

#20 6 years ago

Whichever one you've played and enjoy more....

Oh...wait....

#21 6 years ago

Yup virtual reality on both pins right now.

#22 6 years ago

Like asking which imaginary girlfield you should sleep with....

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Like asking which imaginary girlfield you should sleep with....

I sleep with all of them, anytime I want. They rule!

I am getting both although I feel I will like Metallica better, guess we'll see! My wife and daughter are excited for WOZ and that has never happened with a pinball, so in the end it should all be good.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Like asking which imaginary girlfield you should sleep with

Oh, I would go with "Genie" from the Directv commercial.

#25 6 years ago

If you go with Metallica, you will actually get a game to play...

#26 6 years ago

MMOPLE!

#27 6 years ago

Sorry, this qualifies as the funniest post of all time. Should I trade a machine no one has ever owned for another machine no one has ever owned?

The only answer is to go with your gut and pick the title that means more to you. Leave the speculating to the flippers.

#28 6 years ago
#29 6 years ago

AC/DC Premium!

#30 6 years ago

WOZ will be available, and the standard version is the same as the LE except for the trim. JJP will keep making them for darn near 2 years. Trade for the MOP LE. Thats a game you will not be able to find later for any reasonable price.

#31 6 years ago

I would check to see if the guy still actually has one coming first. Sounds like there have been a few changes.

#32 6 years ago

What theme do you want, that of a washed-up rock band or a timeless book and movie with imagery galore suitable for a pinball machine? You have to be pretty insecure in your manhood to suggest that the WOZ theme is only appealing to women and girls. It truly is the most timeless of timeless themes and will never grow stale. I'll have one one day.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

What theme do you want, that of a washed-up rock band or a timeless book and movie with imagery galore suitable for a pinball machine? You have to be pretty insecure in your manhood to suggest that the WOZ theme is only appealing to women and girls. It truly is the most timeless of timeless themes and will never grow stale. I'll have one one day.

I half expected you to break out singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

#34 6 years ago

WOZ is around the corner, it would be foolish to get out now. Plus it will have much better lasting value over anything Stern puts out.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

WOZ is around the corner, it would be foolish to get out now. Plus it will have much better lasting value over anything Stern puts out.

I agree with your first sentence.

Your second sentence is hyperbolic speculation.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Your second sentence is hyperbolic speculation.

Let's call it an educated guess with the quality issues and all.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

I need some good advice from those in the Pinside community.I have a chance to do an even up trade of my WOZECLE spot for a Metallica MOP LE .I am weighing the pros and cons of each and have reached a Brain F*rt of sorts.
What would you do?

Seriously? Grab a MOP for sure.

#38 6 years ago

They appear to be totally different playing games. Polar opposites as themes go as well. Metallica is no doubt a very open fan layout with a wide variety of shots to hit with both flippers with some of Metallica's best songs pumping as you play with multiple interactive toys. Ramps return shots directly to the flippers. No upper or lower playfields, only two flippers with a lower through for when hammer hits ball below the playfield and two scoops.

WOZ from what I got from playing a demo would be more of a slower type of gameplay that has a lot going with the layout and a quest like theme using color changing bulbs and new LCD to amerce players and watchers into it. Many interactive toys and upper playfields. Ramps do not always go directly to the flippers. Question is what type of games are you drawn to more?

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Oh, I would go with "Genie" from the Directv commercial.

She is incredible.

#42 6 years ago

At least a fair comparison is taking place for a change. Neither game exists yet!

#43 6 years ago

Do the trade. Sell the MOPLE this Christmas for $12K, and then buy a HUO WOZLE on the secondary market for $6K. It's a no brainer.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Neither game exists yet!

Well, not in the home environment anyway...

I'd like to have/see both sitting side by side in perfect harmony personally.
To spike the ball even further, I'd have the same ECLE green armor on Metallica too!

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Well, not in the home environment anyway...
I'd like to have/see both sitting side by side in perfect harmony personally.

Is that a premonition or a prediction?

#47 6 years ago

Premodiction...

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Premodiction...

Pinfliction.

#49 6 years ago

Pinflation...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 15.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside