(Topic ID: 135402)

Metallica Monsters Premium being run soon?

By Rockytop

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Nexyss
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

met2.jpg
met1.jpg
kissfamily-guy.png
Unknown.jpeg
image.jpg
11855911_10153504825124244_1476636057742482771_n.jpg
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#52 8 years ago

any word on price yet?

#53 8 years ago

Just the Monster edition I wish they would of run some Road Case... I knew the RTL was a major long shot.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

any word on price yet?

they can't publicly quote prices. I'm not even sure they can email price anymore. You have to speak to them directly

#55 8 years ago

Call me if you would like a quote....

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery
231-740-8575

#56 8 years ago

Does this improve my chances of getting a monsters translite for non-ridiculous pricing?

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So you ordered something but aren't sure what you're getting? Hopefully it won't be schwetty old men edition. The one where Stern uses leftover roadcase translites and adds cabinet decals of Magic Mike 2 movie.

That's right. It's hard for me to focus on the translight & the cab art while I'm playing my Bad Ass Met. Premium!

#58 8 years ago

Monster Pro & Monster Premium use same cab art, makes sense unfortunately..

#59 8 years ago

I am guessing that this will also have the newer back box with the speaker panel decal. Maybe?
Either way I am in on one

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

my main problem with the hammer is having 2 balls locked and the 3rd lit and having to hit it an additional 12 times to get it to finally take, and/ or make creative shots to try and get that dang thing to grab the 3rd ball.
Was it not possible to trigger the magnet at will in code from a block hit?

I believe there's a virtual ball lock setting (mimics the pro) in the set up menu .

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

I believe there's a virtual ball lock setting (mimics the pro) in the set up menu .

There is. But kind of defeats the whole purpose of the hammer then.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There is. But kind of defeats the whole purpose of the hammer then.

Doesn't the hammer itself kind of defeat the whole purpose of the hammer?

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

To be honest, the color changing inserts suck on Metallica Le/premium. They are very dim for whatever reason, I hardly notice them, unlike trek and acdc.if you are going to buy a premium, but it for the GI and the Hammer. I love my premium!

Mine on my LE are plenty bright.

#64 8 years ago

I thought Stern were to busy and production was booked out for the rest of the year?

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Care to disclose who your distributor is?

I get my games through FlipNOut Pinball, Larry Kitchens. He's great to work with and will bring games down my crazy basement steps.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I get my games through FlipNOut Pinball, Larry Kitchens. He's great to work with and will bring games down my crazy basement steps.

Thank you

#67 8 years ago

Pinball Refinery editions for Metallica Premium Monsters will be available....

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Pinball Refinery editions for Metallica Premium Monsters will be available....
Thanks,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Figures...........but take my tricked out MET LED Pro Pinball Refinery Edition anyday

#69 8 years ago

From what Ive heard Stern is going to have 6 major distributors, all the small guys will buy directly from the 6, I heard iron man ve small run , then spiderman ve with comic art from my distributor ....i guess time will tell

#70 8 years ago

Must only be in USA

We maintain a small inventory of a variety of models to fulfill your needs. We have available or will soon:

· Metallica Pro – almost sold out

· Star Trek Pro – some available beginning of September

· Mustang Pro

· The Walking Dead Pro and Premium – some units left

· WWE Pro

· Kiss Pro and Premium

· Whoa Nellie

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Figures...........but take my tricked out MET LED Pro Pinball Refinery Edition anyday

Yours was the most customized Pinball Refinery Metallica Pro LED version that I ever put together ... Even more on it then my personal one, so yours is definitely a KEEPER....

Thanks for your business,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Yours was the most customized Pinball Refinery Metallica Pro LED version that I ever put together ... Even more on it then my personal one, so yours is definitely a KEEPER....
Thanks for your business,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

What else was on it that may not be on my Premium from last year? I can't have a new batch of Premiums being blingier than mine. lol

#73 8 years ago

Trying to decide whether to sell my pro for a premium.

Seems like the general consensus is to not spend the money but, I am so tempted.

Based on what I just read:

The hammer gets a little in the way visually but not bad.
The coffin lock can be swapped to a newton ball and plays great.
The color changing lights are much better
Does the snake work better now? Sorry I don't read enough.

My gut feeling is just keep the pro, save money and wait for new pins. My addiction says DO IT!

#74 8 years ago

WTF!. That figures. I just picked up a new Met Pro LED few months ago and
about to place PR's purple powder coat trim on her. Oh well just have to make
do.

#75 8 years ago

DougPirhana, I decided to stay put with the Pro. Not an easy decision, but I love the game and I'll keep the cash aside for whatever strikes me next.

#76 8 years ago

I picked up my LED Pro in April and this thread had me a little tempted, but after some thought I am just going to stick with the Pro (which I love) and save my cash for another pin soon. Glad they are running more premiums for those that want them though.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Yes they are making a final run of MET premiums. Get them now or forever hold your piece.

Are you being sarcastic? There's no such thing as "final" for Stern.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Trying to decide whether to sell my pro for a premium.
Seems like the general consensus is to not spend the money but, I am so tempted.
Based on what I just read:
The hammer gets a little in the way visually but not bad.
The coffin lock can be swapped to a newton ball and plays great.
The color changing lights are much better
Does the snake work better now? Sorry I don't read enough.
My gut feeling is just keep the pro, save money and wait for new pins. My addiction says DO IT!

Loved my Pro, addiction said Premium though... Ordered!
Going to have to start reading about the differences/tweaks myself

#79 8 years ago

When are the Met Premiums going to be running, anyone get a timeline?

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

When are the Met Premiums going to be running, anyone get a timeline?

End of August, according to distributors.

#81 8 years ago

Yes, I'm Being told end of this Month

JJ

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Are you being sarcastic? There's no such thing as "final" for Stern.

Not true. Once the license has expired - if demand isn't sufficient to offset the license renewal fee - then it's over. Music licenses are more expensive than others...so, it's a good bet that the music titles are done after 3 years. If you want a Premium and missed the last run, GET ONE! Enjoy! If they do make more in the future, who cares - you got to enjoy it!

#83 8 years ago

Just the Monster edition I wish they would of run some Road Case... I knew the RTL was a major long shot.

Quoted from ZenTron:

+1

I wish they would of announced the Premium Road Case edition as well.

I'm not into spending close to $2k on a Premium which has the exact same cabinet artwork and basic black rails, lockdown bar and legs as the Pro model.

There's no way I would of sprung for my ST Premium if it had the same cabinet artwork and basic black hardware that the Pro has.

I don't have a FaceTube account but I'm hoping other Pinsiders are out there pushing for the Road Case edition or something to differentiate it from the Pro other then the Hammer.

Come on Stern, all you have to do is pull up the Road Case artwork file and hit the Print button a few times. It will earn you more money and make a lot more people happy.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

I am guessing that this will also have the newer back box with the speaker panel decal. Maybe?
Either way I am in on one

Yes it will have the new back box

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

+1
I wish they would of announced the Premium Road Case edition as well.
I'm not into spending close to $2k on a Premium which has the exact same cabinet artwork and basic black rails, lockdown bar and legs as the Pro model.
There's no way I would of sprung for my ST Premium if it had the same cabinet artwork and basic black hardware that the Pro has.
I don't have a FaceTube account but I'm hoping other Pinsiders are out there pushing for the Road Case edition or something to differentiate it from the Pro other then the Hammer.
Come on Stern, all you have to do is pull up the Road Case artwork file and hit the Print button a few times. It will earn you more money and make a lot more people happy.

This is basically how I feel! Met isn't like ac/dc where the premium has so many differences vs. the pro. Met premium with the same art work as the pro is a bummer Stern just run the Roadcase with an alternate translite or thrill us with some new cab art.

#86 8 years ago

it official....

"Stern Pinball Produces Additional Metallica Monsters Premium Pinball Machines

Elk Grove Village, IL – August 13, 2015 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball games, announced today the re- introduction of their previously sold out Metallica Monsters Premium pinball machine. The highly popular Metallica title honors one of the world’s foremost rock bands. Metallica’s notoriously fast tempos and aggressive musicianship set the tone for an exciting pinball player experience.
Players bang their heads and their flippers to 12 classic Metallica hits including “Master of Puppets,” “One” and “Fade to Black.” Other action-packed game features include an electric chair, snake, grave marker and unparalleled magnetic action. “The longevity of the Metallica title has strengthened our commitment to produce high-energy music titles.” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc.”

Metallica Premium feature exclusive game art and a one-of-a-kind collectible Sparky toy designed by world renowned pop culture artist "Dirty" Donny Gillies. Donny is a well-known freelance artist who creates paintings, album covers, show posters, concert posters, vinyl toys and skateboards. “Since working with Stern to create one of a kind Metallica pinball art, I have become an even bigger fan of what Stern is doing to grow pinball.” said artist Donny Gilles a dedicate pinball enthusiast.

Pricing and Availability:
Premium Model: $7,595 MSRP

Metallica Pinball machines are available through authorized Stern Pinball distributors and dealers around the world.
About Stern Pinball, Inc.

Stern Pinball, Inc., headquartered just outside Chicago, Illinois, is the oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball games in the world. Stern’s highly talented creative and technical teams design, engineer and manufacture a full line of popular pinball games, merchandise and accessories. Recent Stern titles include WWE WrestleMania, The Walking Dead, Mustang, Star Trek, Metallica, The Avengers, X-Men, AC/DC, Tron, Transformers, Avatar, Iron Man, Batman,Spiderman and many more! All of Stern’s pinball games are crafted by hand and assembled by Stern’s expert team. A broad range of players enjoy Stern’s games from professional pinball players that compete in high-stakes international competitions around the globe to novice players who are discovering the allure of the silver ball for the first time. To join the fun and learn more, please visit http://www.sternpinball.com."

#87 8 years ago

so what's the street price likely to be?

#88 8 years ago

Good question it has been a long time since I bought a new Stern Premium. My last was around $6200 shipped, I wonder what they go for now?

#89 8 years ago

Metallica Premium feature exclusive game art and a one-of-a-kind collectible Sparky toy designed by world renowned pop culture artist "Dirty" Donny Gillies.

Does this mean it's coming with one of the custom painted Sparkys?

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Does this mean it's coming with one of the custom painted Sparkys?

No

#91 8 years ago

Hmm..."one of a kind" is a bit misleading.

#92 8 years ago

Quoted from ZenTron:

Does Stern sell replacement cabinet decals? I can see them not wanting to do it for Pro owners but I think they should offer it to Monster Premium owners who want Road Case decals. I would be seriously considering pulling the trigger on the Prem re-run if it was possible to get my hands on Road Case decals.

#93 8 years ago

Let Stern know you want a Roadcase Premium on their Facebook page. I think they will make them if people want them...Roadcase Prem with Monster translite

#94 8 years ago

Let Stern know you want a Roadcase Premium on their Facebook page. I think they will make them if people want them...Roadcase Prem with Monster translite

That's the key...no one wants the Roadcase as it was originally sold....that translite is terrible. People want Roadcase cabinet with Donny translite.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

that translite is terrible

Once I had the game setup and saw it in person, it really wasn't that offending as I thought it would be.

To be honest, it could have been worse.

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Once I had the game setup and saw it in person, it really wasn't that offending as I thought it would be.

Of course it is. It doesn't match the style of the game at all...and even on its own merits, it's not well designed. It's just a photo with a logo on it. Terrible.

Quoted from centerflank:

To be honest, it could have been worse.
Unknown.jpeg

That's awful. Completely off model. This is better..but wrong game lol

kissfamily-guy.pngkissfamily-guy.png

#97 8 years ago

I'd get one for sure if it was road case with monsters translite. This shouldn't cost Stern really anything different than the Monsters Premium.

What would they have to do differently? Click "print" for a different file ?

#98 8 years ago

I'd just like to get the Monsters backglass for my Pro-

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I'd just like to get the Monsters backglass for my Pro-

Really? I think the pro bg is better than the prem

#100 8 years ago

pro and LE backglasses are terrible.
monsters is WAY better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 25.50
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-monsters-ptemuim-bring-run-soon/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.