(Topic ID: 135402)

Metallica Monsters Premium being run soon?

By Rockytop

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Nexyss
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

met2.jpg
met1.jpg
kissfamily-guy.png
Unknown.jpeg
image.jpg
11855911_10153504825124244_1476636057742482771_n.jpg
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

I got a call from my distributor saying Metallica Monsters Premium was going to be run soon and asked if I wanted one. I figured this would be all over pinside. I hope it happens.

Has anyone else heard this recently?

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Not a word that I've seen. This is the first.

#4 8 years ago

Yes, it's coming soon........There were several of us stating it was coming, but no one seemed to care.

#5 8 years ago

You should change your thread to Metallica VE coming soon!! That would get everybody's attention for sure.

#6 8 years ago

Hmmmm indeed.Thinking of grabbing a Pro,but Some Kind of Monster.Yeah.

#7 8 years ago

Was hoping this was the announcement of the "RTL" Premium.

#8 8 years ago

I am nearly 100% certain more Met premium will be run soon.

#9 8 years ago

Run them! Do it hard!

#10 8 years ago

What is the difference between a standard Met Prem and the Monster edition?

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What is the difference between a standard Met Prem and the Monster edition?

I always thought it was either monster or roadcase. I didn't think they made a 3rd?

#12 8 years ago

Monster,Roadcase were the only Prem

The Prem never was made with the new backbox style..

#14 8 years ago

Well 3, sort of
If you include the DD edition as a 3rd premium

#15 8 years ago

Wonder if you can get either road case or monsters.

#16 8 years ago

Wow, will I ever have a struggle if they do this... I have a nicely modded up Pro, which I love. I want the color changing inserts, but don't want to take the hammer to get them. Totally, totally serious.

#17 8 years ago

Although the hammer is a bit finicky I like the randomness it adds

#18 8 years ago

I heard that rumor.. I would also struggle giving up my Pro. Tough call if Premium is worth the extra 2G? I would assume it will be about $6400 and my now used Pro would be maybe $4400? Ballparking here...

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Wow, will I ever have a struggle if they do this... I have a nicely modded up Pro, which I love. I want the color changing inserts, but don't want to take the hammer to get them. Totally, totally serious.

U will be able to get the lightshow for the pro soon from a moder

#20 8 years ago

this was posted on sterns facebook today. james le is metallica
11855911_10153504825124244_1476636057742482771_n.jpg11855911_10153504825124244_1476636057742482771_n.jpg

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I always thought it was either monster or roadcase. I didn't think they made a 3rd?

Oh ok so the monster is the standard premium.

Quoted from marlboroa:

this was posted on sterns facebook today. james le is Metallica

Good eye!

Quoted from GravitaR:

Was hoping this was the announcement of the "RTL" Premium.

I would piss myself if RTL prem got made

#22 8 years ago

I would piss myself if RTL prem got made

You wouldn't be the only one. The distributors would rejoice too.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Well 3, sort of
If you include the DD edition as a 3rd premium

So you could get the glowing rainbow cabinet or roadcase, but had the dirt donny translite? So 2 cabs but 3 potential translites? That sounds correct, yeah?

Would be sweet to see another premium to mix it up, just like they threw the wildcard in with Luci. Shake it up!

The hammer....is everyone just dealing with random hammer downs? Any links to threads on some fixes? Seems like it really needs some add on metal rails with optos to vacate the errant hammers. I played around in the menu trying to tweak some options, anything one can do on the actual mech itself to monkey with it?

#24 8 years ago

I would Ike to see more of them made, but I don't think it makes a lot of sense right now. I think it would take a lot of sales away from kiss. They could run other games that wouldn't so directly compete with their current game.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The hammer....is everyone just dealing with random hammer downs?

Try reseating the small connector that runs from the magnet to the magnet board (the 3 pin one). I have to do that every once in a while when the magnet starts getting wonky. It usually acts like its supposed to for a few weeks after I do that.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The hammer....is everyone just dealing with random hammer downs? Any links to threads on some fixes? Seems like it really needs some add on metal rails with optos to vacate the errant hammers. I played around in the menu trying to tweak some options, anything one can do on the actual mech itself to monkey with it?

I have only had it drop at the wrong time 3 or 4 times in the year I have owned it. Not a big deal.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I have only had it drop at the wrong time 3 or 4 times in the year I have owned it. Not a big deal.

What tweaks have you done?

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U will be able to get the lightshow for the pro soon from a moder

Not the same. I want the color changing inserts, not the GI. Need the Premiums clear inserts to do that.

#29 8 years ago

Hell Yea!

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Not the same. I want the color changing inserts, not the GI. Need the Premiums clear inserts to do that.

To be honest, the color changing inserts suck on Metallica Le/premium. They are very dim for whatever reason, I hardly notice them, unlike trek and acdc.if you are going to buy a premium, but it for the GI and the Hammer. I love my premium!

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

To be honest, the color changing inserts suck on Metallica Le/premium. They are very dim for whatever reason, I hardly notice them, unlike trek and acdc.if you are going to buy a premium, but it for the GI and the Hammer. I love my premium!

Sounds like you might have a problem with yours, they're perfectly bright on my LE.

#32 8 years ago

I'd be in for a NIB premium, as long as they don't follow JJP and jack up the price.

#33 8 years ago

How much is a premium shipped?

I was thinking about a Pro, but I might just go all in for the premium.

#34 8 years ago

I think if Stern makes a Met Premium (Luci style) with Alt cab art they would sell several hundred of them... Minimum! Let Stern know what you want on their facebook page, if they see the demand they will take notice.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I heard that rumor.. I would also struggle giving up my Pro. Tough call if Premium is worth the extra 2G? I would assume it will be about $6400 and my now used Pro would be maybe $4400? Ballparking here...

$6400 is probably right on; that's Usually what Pupo has them for NIB.

#36 8 years ago

When was that post made? I'm not seeing it on their Facebook page

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I got a call from my distributor saying Metallica Monsters Premium was going to be run soon and asked if I wanted one. I figured this would be all over pinside. I hope it happens.

Care to disclose who your distributor is?

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

When was that post made? I'm not seeing it on their Facebook page

It was posted about a month ago. I believe J ended up removing the post, but the point was that if you want these games built let your Distro and Stern (via their Facebook page)
Know.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/want-a-metallica-premium-let-stern-know-1

#39 8 years ago

Does anyone know for sure if a re-run uses the same boardset as originals had or if a new (spike) platform is used?

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Does anyone know for sure if a re-run uses the same boardset as originals had or if a new (spike) platform is used?

It would use the same boardset as originals.

#41 8 years ago

I think if Stern makes a Met Premium (Luci style) with Alt cab art they would sell several hundred of them... Minimum! Let Stern know what you want on their facebook page, if they see the demand they will take notice.
image.jpg

The monsters theme is really cool as it's something that ties into the band. The Luci artwork is cool as well but I feel it has nothing to do with ACDC as a band. Same would happen if they did similar artwork for a MET Premium. I can't blame anyone though for not wanting to see a giant shirtless Angus on their ACDC Premium backglass, lol.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The monsters theme is really cool as it's something that ties into the band. The Luci artwork is cool as well but I feel it has nothing to do with ACDC as a band. Same would happen if they did similar artwork for a MET Premium. I can't blame anyone though for not wanting to see a giant shirtless Angus on their ACDC Premium backglass, lol.

I'm in for Monsters out for shirtless old dudes..

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Although the hammer is a bit finicky I like the randomness it adds

my main problem with the hammer is having 2 balls locked and the 3rd lit and having to hit it an additional 12 times to get it to finally take, and/ or make creative shots to try and get that dang thing to grab the 3rd ball.

Was it not possible to trigger the magnet at will in code from a block hit?

#44 8 years ago

They are making another run of Premiums, ASAP! I just confirmed it & ordered 1. I was also told, 99% sure that it's the "Monsters" cab art.

#45 8 years ago

From?

#46 8 years ago

A distributor in the Mid West.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

They are making another run of Premiums, ASAP! I just confirmed it & ordered 1. I was also told, 99% sure that it's the "Monsters" cab art.

So you ordered something but aren't sure what you're getting? Hopefully it won't be schwetty old men edition. The one where Stern uses leftover roadcase translites and adds cabinet decals of Magic Mike 2 movie.

#48 8 years ago

Yes they are making a final run of MET premiums. Get them now or forever hold your piece.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Yes they are making a final run of MET premiums. Get them now or forever hold your piece.

If I was a distributor, I would buy up a bunch of them to have for sale down the road. The code is already excellent (and complete) and there are not enough NIB games available that have that going for them. The demand keeps going for several years when a game is good.

#50 8 years ago

Ordered!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-monsters-ptemuim-bring-run-soon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.