image-241.jpg
image-78.jpg
image.jpg
napster.jpg
image.jpg
scaryguy.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

oh pinisde lol. I dunno whats worse people hanging on a topper or metallica busting people hanging on a topper. Badly airbrushed 3rd grade projects here we come. (Mckee or bust)

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Badly airbrushed 3rd grade projects here we come. (Mckee or bust)

I've yet to meet a 3rd grader who uses an airbrush.. maybe only in Wisconsin?

#53 11 years ago

I just hope somebody gets a license to do this. I am addicted to toppers.

#54 11 years ago

This is the best topper for Metallica IMHO:

http://goo.gl/WcZqz

But the best topper is no topper. There's plenty of great art on the game already.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

I've yet to meet a 3rd grader

I can think of some people on that skill level who sell toppers.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I can think of some people on that skill level who sell toppers.

yikes...

#57 11 years ago

ZInG! 0_o

#58 11 years ago

Precisely... Heyyy-oooooOoo!

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This is the best topper for Metallica IMHO:
http://goo.gl/WcZqz
Instead of calling the artist "greedy", support him for Chrissakes.

Who called the artist greedy?

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballPark:

Who called the artist greedy?

/Clap, yeah I have to agree he came up with the character need to give him a cut or move on. Shame they cannot even use the MOP album art, not going to happen unless they know they will make "X" dollars and that number is probably more than the topper can generate. Guess it will be more of a pm shady topper back alley topper dealer if you want one.

#61 11 years ago

Alright how about this? Sparky in the chair, eyes with cool cathode behind then. A clear etched topper behind it with the lightning bolts and conductors that light up when flashers go off. Kind of a 3D variant of Optimus.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

Alright how about this? Sparky in the chair, eyes with cool cathode behind then. A clear etched topper behind it with the lightning bolts and conductors that light up when flashers go off. Kind of a 3D variant of Optimus.

Guess you did not read the thread, Sparky is not happening unless someone gets paid off. I bet we will see very little toppers for this game.

#63 11 years ago

Aaaand this is why Metallica has such a bad public image these days.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Aaaand this is why Metallica has such a bad public image these days.

A really bad product that purports to represent Metallica would also give them a bad image.

Lets put it another way, if Metallica was not like this, they would have allowed Stern put a bunch of clip-art on the cabinet and playfield, but instead Metallica had them use Dirty Donny. You can see why.

#65 11 years ago

I'm surprised that so many people don't like the topper and that it's 'not metallica' or 'not mean enough' when so many people like the game just because of this exact same art style. I personally don't think any of the art other than the premium cabinet is really Metallica...like I said in another thread, the art reminds me of Rob Zombie, like Metallica liked his stuff and just made their own version. It looks good but I don't associate it in any way with the band other than the Master of Puppets cartoon.

#66 11 years ago

Well the last few weeks of my work has gone up in smoke

1 month later
#67 10 years ago

So ummm I guess there will be no McKee topper?

I'd settle for a dd topper though.

1 week later
#68 10 years ago

I will bump this up as Matt is the best is the business.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

F it
I'm making a Napster topper for mine lol
Yeah I'm still buying Metallica, kick ass theme/sounds/art/layouts don't come around every release

I would buy a Napster topper from Matt for my MOPLE.

#71 10 years ago

How abou just putting a Megadeth Topper on the game.

Yeah...I just went there.

#72 10 years ago

If I end up buying a metallica pin I'm gonna have someone make me those cartoon characters of metallica in the napster bad videos, then I'm gonna use that program for adding sounds into existing code and take the sound that says "Ahhhh napster bad!!! Metallica gooooood!"

That would make the game a lot better than those shitty call outs

#73 10 years ago

I would buy a Napster topper from Matt for my MOPLE.

napster.jpgnapster.jpg

#74 10 years ago

Sparky says it best on his t-shirt in the game METALLICA SUX. Should have known they would stop the making of things with there name on it without a profit. Opened the NIB pro and not even one key fob in the goody bag. No free stuff with there name on it, what douch bags. Every NIB has had key fobs in every goody bag, yes they were all pros with fobs.

1 month later
#75 10 years ago

GREEN DEEETHA!

3 months later
#79 10 years ago

Just picked up this weekend.
Limited. Contact Matt for one if you want one.

The blue lightning jazzed cathode is cool.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-241.jpgimage-241.jpg
image-78.jpgimage-78.jpg

image-722.jpgimage-722.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image-471.jpgimage-471.jpg
#80 10 years ago

This looks pretty good except for the teeth IMHO. Is it a copyright issue or just artistic license?

#81 10 years ago

Wonder if anyone could mod the topper to add el wire running from cap to either post! Make it electrocute when starting multiball. That would look sick....

#82 10 years ago

Oooopph...usually dig's Matt's stuff but that's just awful. Ugly ugly ugly. Not in a cute-cool-ugly Dirty Donny way...but a home-made wrong-style ugly. You've got a great molded Sparky right below it ...why put a horrible version above the game? What's the blue goo on his hands?

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What's the blue goo on his hands?

Now that you mention it, those poofy sleeves do look a bit weird as well.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Input and feedback is being taken.
It's being reworked.
Again this is a photoshop and just a draft.

Matt should have taken a lot of the feedback more seriously, this is still by far his worst attempt... taking the penis/tongue out and adding fingers isn't exactly being 'reworked' when everyone was saying they didn't like the original design.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Matt should have taken a lot of the feedback more seriously, this is still by far his worst attempt... taking the penis/tongue out and adding fingers isn't exactly being 'reworked' when everyone was saying they didn't like the original design.

1. Somebody probably told him that, "Pinheads will buy anything."

2. Selling his Sparky mods at $500-$800 a pop, confirmed it.

3. This topper is the result...

#86 10 years ago

how much are they ?

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah and Sparky's already IN the game....you don't need two Sparkies. I'd rather see some cool Dirty Donny style versions of the guys in the band....which I guess is also a bit redundant,

Most aftermarket toppers are redundant. I've never seen one I want in my game room, and this one is no exception. Not every flat surface requires decoration.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Most aftermarket toppers are redundant. I've never seen one I want in my game room, and this one is no exception. Not every flat surface requires decoration.

Yeah, I'm not all about putting toppers on every game - but sometimes they can look sweet (and artistically tasteful). I really like Laseriffic's AC/DC "Train & Logo topper" ...and actually most Laseriffic toppers look very cool. Much more impact in person than just seeing pics. Matt's Transformers topper was really nice. Prime's eyes lit up, his cannons fired in sync w/ the pops...and it just looked professional & fit the game. It didn't scream "I'M A MOD!!!"

4 years later
#89 6 years ago

Hey guys , someone selling a Met mckee topper ? Pm me please

Thanks

2 years later
#90 3 years ago

I used to have one of these and would like another. If someone has one for sale please PM me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.50
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 12.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-matt-mckee-topper/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.