Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Brazy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I’m getting ready to replace the graveyard and sparky magnet cores tonight after work so I can install my cliffys around them.

Quick question : What size is the jam nut on the underside of the cores? Google isn’t being very helpful and I don’t want to have to lug my entire socket set home with me from work today.

Thanks in advance!

#2 2 years ago

Use a large crescent wrench

#3 2 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5320-01

The related items for the above magnet offer a 3/4 hex nut. I'm not positive this is your magnet, you might look over at Marco yourself.

1 week later
#4 2 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Use a large crescent wrench

I'm about to change out my magnet cores too and couldn't come across my large crescent wrench. Given the space with the wires I think you want to use a socket?

#5 2 years ago

Don’t use the metal cliffy protectors on the magnets. I had them on mine and after a while they curled up and when they did so it chipped a piece of clear off. Use Mylar over it man

#6 2 years ago

I always use a socket. Just can't remember what size.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/530-5320-01
The related items for the above magnet offer a 3/4 hex nut. I'm not positive this is your magnet, you might look over at Marco yourself.

The nut is significantly larger than that. The 3/4 is the core size.

I don't have my tool box around me but if memory serves me correctly its a 28mm socket that fits. Ironically enough I have a caliper and the nut measures 1.1 inches.

#8 2 years ago

I recently did ironman and I believe it was 1 and 1/8.

#9 2 years ago

Don't use a socket if the tops of your cores are mushroomed to the point they are pulling the Playfield down you will destroy the art work if the core spins, wrench size is an inch and an eighth use a wrench that way you can hold the core back from spinning with the biggest flat head screwdriver you can find before you do this play the game with the glass off and keep throwing the ball into that magnet and get it nice and hot it'll be really easy to do after that.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

keep throwing the ball into that magnet and get it nice and hot it'll be really easy to do after that.

BRILLIANT! About to do Doc Oc and was dreading trying to break that mother loose. Thanks

#11 2 years ago

If your still having trouble busting your nut upside down air can on the core to cool it leaving the nut hot. The nut expands faster than the core because its steel grade is less dense.

5 months later
#12 1 year ago

Mine is mushrooming... so what I'm hearing is 3/4 is the size magnet correct? I have an order at pinball life on hold right now until I find it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
League City, TX
$ 35.00
$ 279.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside