(Topic ID: 100457)

Metallica - Love the game, hate the music ...

By gweempose

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8_season_champ.jpg
image.jpg
image-901.jpg
met_dmd_slam_dancing.gif

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago

Man up!
image.jpg

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Why not plan to turn volume way down and your personal listening device up? I play MET at a few bars where sound is kept lower than normal - turned up just enough to discern the tune. It feels boring to play MET without sound but if you played alternate music you could listen to something different every time. Plus music sounds better coming from a stereo receiver and nice set of speakers or even an ipod. It could save you the step of putting in fixed music.

This is pretty lame. The sound effects make a game. The game would be ruined doing this. There is nothing wrong with replacing the music in the game if that's what the owner wants to do - and now its possible to do so.

4 months later
#103 4 years ago

I am seriously thinking about getting a MET Pro and if I do, I will probably change out all the songs. I did that with my ACDC (all classic Van Halen songs now) and I could see changing all Megadeth songs in the Met

#104 4 years ago

Metallica had quite few well done cover songs including Bob Seger and Garbage just to name a couple. Could be an option...

3 weeks later
#105 4 years ago

I love this game also, but not a huge fan of the music that for me, doesn't tie in that tight with the game. I changed Game adjustments #124 "Music Attenuation" to 60 and #125 "Speech Attenuation" to -15. Minus to get louder seems backwards to me, but never the less... Music is just barely audible and callouts/sound effects just right. Then I have my own music in the background.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

but they really have not had a truly good album since Master of Puppets.

I now I am late to the party here but how can you not like "....And Justice for All?" It's their 2nd best album and blows away Kill 'em All and Ride the Lighting by light years.

#107 4 years ago

Just purchased a NIB Metallica Pro LED. It is an awesome game which I always wanted to own. True to this post, the music is pretty bad. I just lower the volume. I'm OK with the call outs thought.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

I now I am late to the party here but how can you not like "....And Justice for All?" It's their 2nd best album and blows away Kill 'em All and Ride the Lighting by light years.

There second album??? Might want to double check that. It is great album though.

#109 4 years ago

Double check your reading.. he said second-BEST album Also their not there...

#110 4 years ago

I grew up on the first 4 metallica albums then they went to shit but what a great pinball just a terrible theme, imagine that layout and rule set with something cool like Dune or Blade Runner and even a better band like Sabbath or Slayer. I had a lot of fun with my Met Pre but it had to go due to the fact that well it was Metallica, and that fact that they sold out really hurt my perception of the band, Enter sandman? what a piece of crap.

#111 4 years ago

Never listened to Metallica before getting the pin. Love the pin and the music suits the pin and sounds fine to me. Grew up listening to Floyd, Led Zep, Deep Purple. Fortunately, none of them ever "sold out"

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Never listened to Metallica before getting the pin. Love the pin and the music suits the pin and sounds fine to me. Grew up listening to Floyd, Led Zep, Deep Purple. Fortunately, none of them ever "sold out"

I like your name, is that part of you real last name? I have off at the end of mine. Battery is an amazing song as are many Metallica songs but they just blew it with the black album and pretty much everything to follow.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I grew up on the first 4 Metallica albums then they went to shit but what a great pinball just a terrible theme, imagine that layout and rule set with something cool like Dune or Blade Runner and even a better band like Sabbath or Slayer. I had a lot of fun with my Met Pre but it had to go due to the fact that well it was Metallica, and that fact that they sold out really hurt my perception of the band, Enter sandman? what a piece of crap.

Hmmm. Sandman is one of my favorites. Been listening to them since day 1 & will buy their new one the day its released. The music goes perfect with the game. Wouldn't change 1 thing.

#114 4 years ago

Their good period lasted from '81-'90. About 9 years.
They've been lousy from '91 through the present. About 22 years (to the time the game was made).

Considering how short their good period was in the grand scheme of their career, the song list is pretty favorable. I'm a big fan of the first 4 albums, so I enjoy those songs while playing the game. When any of the later stuff comes in, which isn't all that often, I can deal with it. Certainly better than say, the jackpot music in Road Show.

That said, even if I hated the music I would still own Metallica. The gameplay and rules keep me playing it over and over. Liking (most of) the music is a bonus.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

Their good period lasted from '81-'90. About 9 years.
They've been lousy from '91 through the present. About 22 years (to the time the game was made).
Considering how short their good period was in the grand scheme of their career, the song list is pretty favorable. I'm a big fan of the first 4 albums, so I enjoy those songs while playing the game. When any of the later stuff comes in, which isn't all that often, I can deal with it. Certainly better than say, the jackpot music in Road Show.

Their 4th album on has all been more mainstream. The band has talent and their stuff has never been awful, just different. I have all of the albums except St. Anger only because I haven't gotten around to buying it again (enjoy a few songs off it).

Does it reflect their roots? Nah, but I would rather listen to Metallica than ACDC. ACDC sounds good, but album after album their sound never really grew. It feels like eating the same slice of cake time and time again.

#116 4 years ago

Having pretty much ignored Metallica until this game came out, I had no good or bad feelings about them when I bought my Pro. Now that I've lived with it for a few years, there are just a few songs I want to swap out. There are enough good Metallica songs that I don't feel like I need to turn to other bands. "Orion" is going in for sure.

#117 4 years ago

Yep once I get my pro, I'm changing some songs too. Has anyone mapped out the code file to know where the songs are located in the code? The old thread has so many pages and from what I recalled the last mapping was done on an older code version.

#118 4 years ago

+1 ^^^^^

What he said!

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Lars voice is the worst thing in pinball. Stern could have had John Waters do Lars' callouts and it would have been more manly.
Like an idiot, I buy every Metallica album, but they really have not had a truly good album since Master of Puppets.
But all that being said, Metallica is one hell of a great pinball machine!

Sorry but Justice was a good album as well. Not as good as Master but a good album none the less...

#120 4 years ago

Oga mentioned something about bookmarks for the metallica code, where are those found?

#121 4 years ago

[ImageNames]
NoSync:0x5B5=Stern Logo
[SoundNames]
NoSync:0x57=Battery
NoSync:0xB5=Blackened
NoSync:0x124=Creeping Death
NoSync:0x16B=Enter Sandman
NoSync:0x1B4=Fade to Black
NoSync:0x1EA=For Whom The Bell Tolls
NoSync:0x211=Fuel
NoSync:0x24C=Master of Puppets
NoSync:0x290=One
NoSync:0x315=Ride The Lightning
NoSync:0x367=Sad But True
NoSync:0x3AD=Seek and Destroy
NoSync:0x43C=Unforgiven
[Groups]

Quoted from yuriijos:Oga mentioned something about bookmarks for the Metallica code, where are those found?

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

[ImageNames]
NoSync:0x5B5=Stern Logo
[SoundNames]
NoSync:0x57=Battery
NoSync:0xB5=Blackened
NoSync:0x124=Creeping Death
NoSync:0x16B=Enter Sandman
NoSync:0x1B4=Fade to Black
NoSync:0x1EA=For Whom The Bell Tolls
NoSync:0x211=Fuel
NoSync:0x24C=Master of Puppets
NoSync:0x290=One
NoSync:0x315=Ride The Lightning
NoSync:0x367=Sad But True
NoSync:0x3AD=Seek and Destroy
NoSync:0x43C=Unforgiven
[Groups]

Do you have the times for each of those songs by chance?

#123 4 years ago

Thanks big help.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Hmmm. Sandman is one of my favorites. Been listening to them since day 1 & will buy their new one the day its released. The music goes perfect with the game. Wouldn't change 1 thing.

I lean more towards Slayer and even much heavier like Six Feet Under and Morbid Angel so its all personal preference. Actually 90% of the time I listen to classical music, loved my Met Pre but not enough of a fan anymore for last ability.

#125 4 years ago

I'm in for the Fall From Grace LE Morbid Angel pin!

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm in for the Fall From Grace LE Morbid Angel pin!

Aurich you're a Morbid Angel fan. Blessed are the Sick was special.

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah, Blessed are the Sick is on my "desert island death metal" list. I'd have to think about what else would make that cut. Carcass - Necroticism Descanting The Insalubrious for sure. I'm pretty much a 90s Earache guy when it comes to metal, though I've learned to dig newer bands like Nile and Suffocation. Love what Brendan Small has done with Dethklok. The fake band that's better than so many real bands!

I like my music on the more menacing side as a rule. I still love Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets, but I could pretty much take or leave the bulk of Metallica's other offerings. Though I do dig Blackened being on the pin, one of my favs from And Justice.

I go through phases. I might listen to nothing but death metal for a month, but then it gets no play for a while, and I'm listening to trap rap all day. Keeping my interests broad is best I think. Keeps me from being bored.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I go through phases. I might listen to nothing but death metal for a month, but then it gets no play for a while, and I'm listening to trap rap all day. Keeping my interests broad is best I think. Keeps me from being bored.

I'm exactly the same, love the darker hip hop big Kool Keith fan, love me some Gucci mane. 90's Death Metal is still the best but yeah some of the newer bands are great and still have Deicide and others releasing great stuff, really like these guys.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm exactly the same, love the darker hip hop big Kool Keith fan, love me some Gucci mane. 90's Death Metal is still the best but yeah some of the newer bands are great and still have Deicide and others releasing great stuff, really like these guys.
ยป YouTube video

Okay, you are officially the first person besides myself I've ever met that could mention Gucci Mane and Deicide in the same conversation.

#130 4 years ago

I'm on the verge of changing blackened to four Horsemen I like blackened on there but it seems that four Horsemen would be a better fit for where blackened is placed mode wise (4 picks, 4 band members, and the blackened mode animations) has anyone done this yet if so how did it turn out

#131 4 years ago

Actually I think it would be perfect if four Horsemen replaced blackened and blackened replaced sad but true

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Big death metal fan here. 90's Florida ruled, but there's still a lot of modern stuff that's great. Wormed, Portal, etc.

I don't usually post myself on the internet, but this seemed appropriate to put here. Got this shirt when I saw them with Slayer 2000-ish.
8_season_champ.jpg

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

Big death metal fan here. 90's Florida ruled, but there's still a lot of modern stuff that's great. Wormed, Portal, etc.
I don't usually post myself on the internet, but this seemed appropriate to put here. Got this shirt when I saw them with Slayer 2000-ish.

8_season_champ.jpg 172 KB

That's legit...

#134 4 years ago

My MET Prem will be here next week. Already have 12 classic rush songs ready to swap out after I get tired of the Metallica songs. Every song within 1 second of the exact time for the metallica songs after some editing with Audacity And yes, Rush fans you'll notice only 74-80, why bother with anything else?

Spirit of Radio
Fly By Night
Freewill
Beneath, Between, Behind
The Trees
Tom Sawyer
Limelight
Circumstances
Red Barchetta
2112 (Overture & Temples of Syrinx)
Closer to the Heart
Bastille Day

#135 4 years ago

I wish the multiball and CIU music in MET was unique. I can't remember, does the CPU have the extra ram on it like the ACDC boards have?

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside