(Topic ID: 123662)

Metallica Lights at Slingshots keep falling down...

By cscmtp

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by yancy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Like many around here, I got these beautiful neon green slingshot and outlane protectors from pinball life and they are one of my favorite mods. However since installing them, I'm finding that the 2 lights sticking up from the slingshots keep falling over, and over, and over, and over. I'm guessing maybe because the slingshots are now thicker there is less thread for the poles to screw into and they keep falling down. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there an easy solution I'm missing?

#2 9 years ago

Dunno about an easy solution, but man, I've been tempted to use loctite on these peckers before...sick and tired of adjusting them as well....on all games, not just MET. =\

#3 9 years ago

When I installed my neon slings like yours the thread was too short to hold the posts for the lights up. I took out the washers underneath the plastics on the corners and that gave plenty of room to screw the posts down snug. I believe that's what your supposed to do. Hope this helps

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

When I installed my neon slings like yours the thread was too short to hold the posts for the lights up. I took out the washers underneath the plastics on the corners and that gave plenty of room to screw the posts down snug. I believe that's what your supposed to do. Hope this helps

I will try that, thanks!!!

#5 9 years ago

That's the solution I used. Dump the washers, the neon acts like a protector now anyway.

#6 9 years ago

I took 'em off completely. Pro looks fine without them, LE is plenty well lit without them. Less metal & wiring to block the view of that beautiful playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-lights-at-slingshots-keep-falling-down and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.