(Topic ID: 54389)

Metallica LE's fixin' to hit the 1up / 2up bars (denver)

By eXidy

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DutchTommy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Being prepared for the locations today, they should hit the 1up & 2up on friday!

// Error: Image 110245 not found //

#2 6 years ago

Styling Colorado!

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from eXidy:

Being prepared for the locations today, they should hit the 1up & 2up on friday!

Sexy Twins

#4 6 years ago

WOW... nice looking games!

#5 6 years ago

Why not use premiums? Why route LE's

#6 6 years ago

Nice Jon-I know where I am having lunch on Friday(;

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from StrykersArcade:

Why not use premiums? Why route LE's

Why not? That's cool as hell that they're using the LE's, it's the one that everyone wants to see!! These machines were meant to be played!

#8 6 years ago

Exactly. If the premium would have been released first we'd probably have them in there instead.

jon

#9 6 years ago

Exidy took the words right out of my mouth.

#10 6 years ago

MOPLE is in at 1up and plays great.

#11 6 years ago

I would love to go play it at the 1up! But everyone I have ever talked to says that it's overrun with douches.... If I hear the place has cleaned up I will take my girlfriend there, but I've heard it gets super crowded and rowdy with the frat boy kind of atmosphere. I would love to dump some money into mm and the other nice pins this place has.... But read the yelp reviews before you head down to make sure it's your kind of place.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from nighttaco:

But read the yelp reviews before you head down to make sure it's your kind of place.

I lol'ed at this one...

"Lodo Douchebags discovered this place. It used to be filled with 20 something rockers, metal heads and punks. Now they won't step foot in the place. Thanks lodo for crapping on everything cool."

She even capitalized douchebags. Lots of talk of bearded hipsters. Shouldn't the hipsters be done with beards by now? Aren't hipsters supposed to be original? Never copycats? Beards are old and busted. Get over it hipsters.

I see they open pretty early. If it was around here, I'd hit it early. Like seemingly decades ago when Dave and Busters first opened (and had pins).

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from nighttaco:

I would love to go play it at the 1up! But everyone I have ever talked to says that it's overrun with douches.... If I hear the place has cleaned up I will take my girlfriend there, but I've heard it gets super crowded and rowdy with the frat boy kind of atmosphere. I would love to dump some money into mm and the other nice pins this place has.... But read the yelp reviews before you head down to make sure it's your kind of place.

It does get crowded at night. Go during the day, less people and not LODO bar hopping types.
    You will find that many pinball collectors and players go during the day and avoid the evenings.

#14 6 years ago

Never judge a place without ever visiting.

You can hit the 1up during the day anytime, but obviously friday/saturday nights its crazy.

#15 6 years ago

Good to know, and not saying it to bash the place, honestly I'm used to bars and as long as the staff will "take care" of any idiots being disrespectful than I'm ok with it.... but a lot of people were saying the staff went along with a lot of the douchebaggery... I will probably give it a try in the daytime and see how it goes....

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from nighttaco:

But everyone I have ever talked to says that it's overrun with douches....

Who is everyone you talk to? I am a loyal patron and it has never been overcrowded and the patrons are nice and laid back. Even on the weekends it is not that crowded and you usually can hop on pretty much any pin to play. The bartenders are also real cool. Yelp is a joke-make up your own mind. Plus who else in probably the whole world has a MM and a Metallica LE for .50 play in an arcade?-C'mon.

Quoted from eXidy:

Never judge a place without ever visiting.

Amen Jon

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from The_1up:

It does get crowded at night. Go during the day, less people and not LODO bar hopping types.
    You will find that many pinball collectors and players go during the day and avoid the evenings.

My thoughts exactly.

#18 6 years ago

Wow pinmister, not even the guy who started this thread would tell you it doesn't get crowded. So I don't know if you work there or what. And yes I have friends that have been there in person. That's how I knew of the place to begin with. And yelp isn't a joke, online forums actually have a lot of pull, we take pride in good reviews in our business.. Also EVERYONE wouldn't have the same complaint if there weren't truth to it.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from nighttaco:

It's a bar, what do you expect? I have been there many times and have never had a problem with douches unless your a woman and need to. Go first before making general stereotypes. I personally like the 2up better but both are really kick ass!

#20 6 years ago

WTH is LODO ?

#21 6 years ago

The nickname for downtown Denver, draws a certain crowd

#22 6 years ago

just played the LE at 1up. great game and great place. just get there before the music starts if you want to hear the pin.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

It's a bar, what do you expect? I have been there many times and have never had a problem with douches unless your a woman and need to. Go first before making general stereotypes. I personally like the 2up better but both are really kick ass!

With logic like that maybe you should visit Jaurez, or Compton... there is a reason you listen to people before going somewhere. Why would you judge somewhere/place without trying it yourself?

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from nighttaco:

And yelp isn't a joke, online forums actually have a lot of pull, we take pride in good reviews in our business.. Also EVERYONE wouldn't have the same complaint if there weren't truth to it.

The bar has an overall rating of 4 stars on yelp with over 200 ratings. Not everyone is complaining.

I posted that quote earlier because I thought it was funny. There's a lot more positive reviews there, as I'm sure you've seen.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from jakeus:

just played the LE at 1up. great game and great place. just get there before the music starts if you want to hear the pin.

maybe they should fit the pin with an mini jack system or an option to connect ur bluetooth headset with the game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 123.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 7,700.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 17.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside