Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Rob_G
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Got some fangs to install but not sure how the head comes off. Took out the bolt on the top but not sure if I'm missing something. Didn't want to start prying on it till I know more.

#2 10 years ago

I personally just took out the top screw, then very carefully pry'd his mouth/upper lip open just a hair with a small flathead screwdriver. Then slide in the fangs and they should hold.

#3 10 years ago

There's a bolt in the back also that you need to get off.
After that, it's in pretty tight, so you'll need to wiggle it off.

#4 10 years ago

Use the fattrain approach, then if you can't get enough wiggle room, do what bowz said.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Use the fattrain approach...

That's also the named approach I use on my girlfriend

#6 10 years ago

Yes-if you can, you should def try to just slide them in.
I bought a modded snakehead, so the old head had to go.

#7 10 years ago

If the snake head itself is anything like on the Pro, there's a screw underneath the top mouth roof area (towards the front of the mouth top, underneath) - it goes through the metal bracket (phillips head). Feel underneath with your finger - if you feel a small round circle with a screw head in it, it's the same as on the Pro. Don't pry the head up if you can avoid it; you may break the attachment point for the screw inside the head.

edit : I have used a small ratchet with a very short (3/4 inch) philips head bit to unscrew the screw.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

If the snake head itself is anything like on the Pro, there's a screw underneath the top mouth roof area (towards the front of the mouth top, underneath) - it goes through the metal bracket (phillips head). Feel underneath with your finger - if you feel a small round circle with a screw head in it, it's the same as on the Pro. Don't pry the head up if you can avoid it; you may break the attachment point for the screw inside the head.
edit : I have used a small ratchet with a very short (3/4 inch) philips head bit to unscrew the screw.

Ya shit.....I read this after messing with it. I ended up having to remove the whole assembly. But,I did file down the gums for a nice fit for the fangs. Pics coming soon.

#9 10 years ago

Metallica : teaching pinball enthusiasts dentistry since May 2013.

4 months later
#10 9 years ago

The (premium) mechanism is a PITA to remove. I decided to shim the mechanisms with a few washers to lower the jaw and hopefully reduce the number of shot rejects to the mouth. I don't think the mech can be removed with the top head on, not unless you also remove the edge protector in front of the jaw. There just doesn't seem to be enough room. The top head is held on by 3 screws and 2 are impossible to get to without some level of further disassembly. I don't know how you get at the one in the roof of the mouth without removing the lower jaw switch assembly.

It's a neat mechanism, but not fun to work on.

Edit: Actually the snake head does come out without removing the top. It just needs to be angled right. Pull the back end down first, angle the jaw up and it should barely come out.
Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 12.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-leprem-snake-head-removal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.