• 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Rickwh
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LED4D_AllLED_Spectra.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

I wonder if this will have the metallic cabinet decals like IM Vault. I mean..Metallica…metallic decals…c'mon!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

LEDs out of the box big thumbs up
Taking away the coffin lock big thumbs down
IMO of course

Eh? The coffin lock was never on the Pro...only on the Premium & LE. Pro has the white coffin insert w/ 3 lights under it.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I am all about LEDs as long as they are programmed for. If Stern is just replacing the incandescent with LEDs and leaving the light shows untouched, then LEDs are ugly. I realize that the light shows were "updated" for LEDs in the IMVE, but by updated, all they mean is that they removed any dimming effects. Until games are programmed to correctly use the LEDs, I won't buy them, or put them in my existing games. Full disclosure, just ordered one of Trent's last NIB incandescent METs, and specifically did it now, because I didn't want the LED Met.

IMve has an option for incandescent or LED…I'm sure they'll do the same for Met….so - you COULD replace them if you wanted.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Yeah these are also called coffin locks.
Chris

LOL…weird…in the context of Metallica, you could see how that would be confusing. Why is it called a coffin lock? Do actual coffins have a hex key lock?

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I was really hoping they'd put spinners in Met Pro LED. After all, they put the swinging bell in ACDC Pro LED. Oh well.

They didn't have to change the code to put a bell on ACDC Pro…it just hits the standard Pro target. Spinners would require a 3rd code variation for Met….things are confusing enough as it is. If you want properly coded spinners, get a Premium or LE.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Does anyone with a new AC/DC Led or IM VE know if Cointaker bulbs are still being used by Stern?

Yup! IMve uses the same CT 2-LED bulbs in the GI & inserts. 44's in GI, 555's under inserts. Flat-top multi-LED flashers.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Good point. Not worth the extra $2-3k to me. I'll manage.

You get more than spinners, but yeah…whatever floats your boat.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It sort of is sounding like the Premium model isn't working out so well for Stern? This, the rumor of TWD not even having one ...
I guess we'll find out soon, no point in speculating, but it is curious.

They've sold a ton of ACDC and Met Premiums. If they haven't sold many of other Premiums, it's purely due to code/reputation. People will buy LEs early - cuz they're LEs....get 'em before they're gone! Then if the game is popular and the LE is gone, people buy the Premiums. However, if the early reviews aren't stellar, potential Premium buyers will wait it out.

Stern hasn't officially announced anything, so who knows if there will be a Premium or not...If there isn't, it will spur quicker LE sales...which is perhaps what they want.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

IMVE and AC/DC came with the LEDs in the socket so I assume all of them will be the same. Only bad thing is the decals, I have mixed feelings about that. Also now that coffin locks are gone how do you latch the new back boxes?

The IMve decals are amazing. Met Pro came with decals, so there's nothing to be mixed about. It'll either have the same decals it always had (which look great) or the super bad-ass metallic ones that IMve has.

The backbox is secured by two bolts (similar to leg bolts but shorter)

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Or maybe it is the LE's that are not doing so well? Mustang LE was a bust. You can still buy STLE. If Stern ditch the premium they know LE sales will rise.
The risk of offering both LE and premium is that people can sit back and wait and after a while the 'gotta have this new shiny toy feeling' vaporizes.
Wouldn't surprise me to see just pro and LE for WD. Then if the LE sells out Stern can introduce a premium AFTER the LE has sold out.

For the current prices, the LE better damn well offer something so cool, you just say "eh, F-it, what's another few bucks at this point for that extra shit". That's how they got me on Star Trek. I was gonna just wait and maybe get a Premium, but the laser cut & lit/animated rails (which also light up on the inside of the cab) & lit Starfleet insignias on the backbox totally sold me. Those are sexy additions that you just can't add to a Premium. Plus - shaker built in & the other LE specific stuff sealed the deal.

Mustang is a tough sell in the first place, but the Prem/LE didn't seem that compelling, and the art on the LE is pretty terrible....no cool rails, no mirrored backglass. Plus - the Premium was actually the one that had the unique playfield (Boss cars). Mustang was just a weird release in many ways.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I like the addition of LED's in the pro's but I don't like that they just use white everywhere. If they are going to up the game to LED's they should at least color match the inserts and add some ascents in the GI.

I hope they don't color match. The insert is already a color...the light coming through it allows you to see that color. You don't need a color with a color unless you intend to change that color. Personally I like the natural blues and greens of the insert - putting a blue or green LED under them changes it. I'm fine with all white, although it would be nice if they use warm whites under orange & yellow.

Quoted from 85vett:

Also, as much as I like CT. I wish they would switch to the comet lights. Their domes lights through the light so much better. I just replaced all my CT lights in my AC/DC prem and ST with comet lights and they look so much better. Also much cheaper too.

When I went LED I pretty much used all CT with a smattering of PBL...I'm almost afraid to look at another LED and think it's "better"...cuz I'm not re-LED'ing all my F'ing games...

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

IIRC, they didn't announce met premiums until after the LE's were sold. Am I correct? I haven't paid any attention to the timing of the other stern LE's, so i cannot speak to my memory on those.

LE/Premium/Pro were all announced at the same time….but it was the Roadcase Premium only, which was roundly rejected due to its terrible translite. That might have contributed to the LE sellout…very soon after, the 2nd Premium (Dirty Donny version) was added to the roster.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-led-pro?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.