Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rickwh
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LED4D_AllLED_Spectra.gif

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Or maybe it is the LE's that are not doing so well? Mustang LE was a bust. You can still buy STLE. If Stern ditch the premium they know LE sales will rise.
The risk of offering both LE and premium is that people can sit back and wait and after a while the 'gotta have this new shiny toy feeling' vaporizes.
Wouldn't surprise me to see just pro and LE for WD. Then if the LE sells out Stern can introduce a premium AFTER the LE has sold out.

For the current prices, the LE better damn well offer something so cool, you just say "eh, F-it, what's another few bucks at this point for that extra shit". That's how they got me on Star Trek. I was gonna just wait and maybe get a Premium, but the laser cut & lit/animated rails (which also light up on the inside of the cab) & lit Starfleet insignias on the backbox totally sold me. Those are sexy additions that you just can't add to a Premium. Plus - shaker built in & the other LE specific stuff sealed the deal.

Mustang is a tough sell in the first place, but the Prem/LE didn't seem that compelling, and the art on the LE is pretty terrible....no cool rails, no mirrored backglass. Plus - the Premium was actually the one that had the unique playfield (Boss cars). Mustang was just a weird release in many ways.

#52 6 years ago

Stern said on FB today that all future games including Pro, Premium & LE will have the new style cabinet, LEDs & etc.

So they will make premium when demand is there it appears.

Imagine if they didn't sell ACDC premiums.... They would have F'd themselves so bad.

I was more or less asking if the statement RotoDave posted meant Stern was forever done assembling premiums of ACDC & MET.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern said on FB today that all future games including Pro, Premium & LE will have the new style cabinet, LEDs & etc.
So they will make premium when demand is there it appears.
Imagine if they didn't sell ACDC premiums.... They would have F'd themselves so bad.
I was more or less asking if the statement RotoDave posted meant Stern was forever done assembling premiums of ACDC & MET.

That's how it reads to me ... "Almost out of ACDC and Met Premiums"

Nothing to stop them running them again, of course.

But with MMRemake and TWD coming down the lines soon, and another music pin, it won't be for a while.

rd.

#54 6 years ago

I just know if I get an old style Luci today they will come out with a new one that has metallic decals & red titties on the speaker panel. Hmmmmm. First world problems

#55 6 years ago

I like the addition of LED's in the pro's but I don't like that they just use white everywhere. If they are going to up the game to LED's they should at least color match the inserts and add some ascents in the GI.

Also, as much as I like CT. I wish they would switch to the comet lights. Their dome lights throw the light so much better. I just replaced all my CT lights in my AC/DC prem and ST with comet lights and they look so much better. Also much cheaper too.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I just know if I get an old style Luci today they will come out with a new one that has metallic decals & red titties on the speaker panel. Hmmmmm. First world problems

Yeah, but you'd still have a nice pin.

If everyone thought like that, nobody would ever buy anything.

Buy one and thrash it!

rd.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Also, as much as I like CT. I wish they would switch to the comet lights. Their domes lights through the light so much better. I just replaced all my CT lights in my AC/DC prem and ST with comet lights and they look so much better. Also much cheaper too.

I'm considering redoing the GI on my METLE with Comet bulbs instead.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I like the addition of LED's in the pro's but I don't like that they just use white everywhere. If they are going to up the game to LED's they should at least color match the inserts and add some ascents in the GI.

I hope they don't color match. The insert is already a color...the light coming through it allows you to see that color. You don't need a color with a color unless you intend to change that color. Personally I like the natural blues and greens of the insert - putting a blue or green LED under them changes it. I'm fine with all white, although it would be nice if they use warm whites under orange & yellow.

Quoted from 85vett:

Also, as much as I like CT. I wish they would switch to the comet lights. Their domes lights through the light so much better. I just replaced all my CT lights in my AC/DC prem and ST with comet lights and they look so much better. Also much cheaper too.

When I went LED I pretty much used all CT with a smattering of PBL...I'm almost afraid to look at another LED and think it's "better"...cuz I'm not re-LED'ing all my F'ing games...

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When I went LED I pretty much used all CT with a smattering of PBL...I'm almost afraid to look at another LED and think it's "better"...cuz I'm not re-LED'ing all my F'ing games...

I did the same. I'm still a fan of CT and think he's great for the community but after I got a handful of the comet lights I liked them so much that I switched over half my machines lights. Good part is they are about half the price of the CT non-ghost lights for the like bulbs. Bad news is you already have LED's in there so you've already spent the money. I've pretty much just kept the CT in the inserts and changed the GI.

On the other part, to each their own I guess. I like a nice deep color in the insert. The whites under everything just doesn't do it for me. I do keep white under yellow and orange though.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

One more question how much for the vault editions? IMVE was listed as $5195, is that the actual price or more like $4700?

$5495 msrp. I paid $4800 shipped. I was quoted $4800 by two retailers and $5100 by another.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

$5495 msrp. I paid $4800 shipped. I was quoted $4800 by two retailers and $5100 by another.

Did you get a shipping time estimate?

#62 6 years ago

Been talking to Stern about LEDs and versions of future games (like TWD) for Pavlov Pinball. If you're interested it's at:

http://pavlovpinball.com/the-walking-dead-pro-premium-and-le-to-be-all-led/

#63 6 years ago

I hope premiums don't go away. The fully featured (gameplay-wise) version should not be limited and exclusive. I just got a NIB AC/DC premium and I sure as hell wouldn't pay for an LE if that was my only option.

Didn't Tron and X-Men LEs have gameplay features the regular version didn't?

LEs with cosmetic updates are fine for those who want them and are willing to pay extra.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

I hope premiums don't go away.

IIRC, they didn't announce met premiums until after the LE's were sold. Am I correct? I haven't paid any attention to the timing of the other stern LE's, so i cannot speak to my memory on those.

#65 6 years ago

Premiums aren't going away. Stern cleared that up via a FB post.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

IIRC, they didn't announce met premiums until after the LE's were sold. Am I correct? I haven't paid any attention to the timing of the other stern LE's, so i cannot speak to my memory on those.

LE/Premium/Pro were all announced at the same time….but it was the Roadcase Premium only, which was roundly rejected due to its terrible translite. That might have contributed to the LE sellout…very soon after, the 2nd Premium (Dirty Donny version) was added to the roster.

#67 6 years ago

Or maybe it is the LE's that are not doing so well? Mustang LE was a bust. You can still buy STLE. If Stern ditch the premium they know LE sales will rise.
The risk of offering both LE and premium is that people can sit back and wait and after a while the 'gotta have this new shiny toy feeling' vaporizes.

The availability of a premium model is a bit of a hack, a testament to the fact that they underestimated the demand of the LE model. In the case of an LE not selling out with a Premium model, they either overestimated sales or overpriced the LE. I don't think Stern is looking for a rise in LE sales because they can't increase the number beyond their artificial limit. Consumers are generally deciding between the full featured game and the cheaper game, so the LE business model is simply a means to maximize per-game profit for Stern, as the consumers generally take the hit in the aftermarket for most LEs.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Premiums aren't going away. Stern cleared that up via a FB post.

What did they say? I can't find the post.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

What did they say? I can't find the post.

It wasn't on Facebook, he might have been thinking of this:

http://pavlovpinball.com/the-walking-dead-pro-premium-and-le-to-be-all-led/

Pavlov Pinball asked Gary Stern directly if the company would continue to offer Pro, Premium and LE versions for the forseeable future. The answer? “Yes,” he confirmed.

“We consider these models our commercial line because they are designed, engineered and manufactured to stand up in a commercial environment,” Stern added. “We also have plans to expand our consumer line, which is targeted at customers who would like to own a simpler, compelling, less expensive pinball game for use in their home.”

#70 6 years ago

Funny. I doubt most ops are ordering premiums. The two I know don't.

#71 6 years ago

Thanks, that does clarify it for TWD, good news.

I'm still a little curious about Metallica and AC/DC premiums. I talked to a few distributors yesterday and a couple made it sound like there weren't going to be any more made for those games, and one other didn't know off-hand. I ordered my Metallica but now I'm worried the new AC/DC Luci premiums will dry up sooner than I had orginally thought.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

Thanks, that does clarify it for TWD, good news.
I'm still a little curious about Metallica and AC/DC premiums. I talked to a few distributors yesterday and a couple made it sound like there weren't going to be any more made for those games, and one other didn't know off-hand. I ordered my Metallica but now I'm worried the new AC/DC Luci premiums will dry up sooner than I had orginally thought.

Yeah that letter from Gary is really unclear on that to me. For what it's woth, I just got an ACDC premium from Game Exchange and its manufacture date is Feb 28. Not sure if that means they just had a bunch in their warehouse, or Stern hasnt run any in awhile.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

Yeah that letter from Gary is really unclear on that to me. For what it's woth, I just got an ACDC premium from Game Exchange and its manufacture date is Feb 28. Not sure if that means they just had a bunch in their warehouse, or Stern hasnt run any in awhile.

My metallica premium has a born on date of Aug.09,2013, I just got it July 2, 2014. I asked distributor, and he said he had several Metallicas come in resently that were made in the month of August 2013. I guess it don't matter, check serial number on Stern website and it does have the upgraded magnet board and the renforce drop target mech.

#74 6 years ago

It was in the Pavlov story & in the middle of a FB post.

Either way Stern will sell premiums unless it's Xmen or some other turd

If you deleted ACDC premium money from the Stern P&L they'd prolly file BK.

My question was if they are building Premium MET & ACDC in the future again in this new format.

I suspect they will but no one asked Stern for an answer so whatev.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

“We consider these models our commercial line because they are designed, engineered and manufactured to stand up in a commercial environment,” Stern added. <b>“We also have plans to expand our consumer line, which is targeted at customers who would like to own a simpler, compelling, less expensive pinball game for use in their home.”</b>

Wait...does that mean that they are going to make more models of The Pin? We don't really hear much about it anymore since it went to Olhausen.

#76 6 years ago

Wouldn't surprise me to see just pro and LE for WD. Then if the LE sells out Stern can introduce a premium AFTER the LE has sold out.

I've had a deposit on TWD LE for over a year. Not gonna wait & see if there's a premium. Good luck to all that will.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

I've had a deposit on TWD LE for over a year..

And this is the problem with Stern/vendors. I don't blame you. I blame them.

#78 6 years ago

My Met Pro LED is supposed to ship tomorrow or Tuesday. I can't wait! I'll post some pics for you guys.

p.s. Actual cost shipped is still <$5k, but not by much.

#79 6 years ago

Sounds good, im leaning towards one or TWD. will see soon!

Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

My Met Pro LED is supposed to ship tomorrow or Tuesday. I can't wait! I'll post some pics for you guys.
p.s. Actual cost shipped is still <$5k, but not by much.

#80 6 years ago

Hell yeah! Got the call. My game is in town and arriving tomorrow!

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Hell yeah! Got the call. My game is in town and arriving tomorrow!

Post some pics!

#82 6 years ago

Can someone that has a new Met pro with leds tell me the brand, type, color of leds they used for the GI. Are they all the same? Etc. thanks!

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Can someone that has a new Met pro with leds tell me the brand, type, color of leds they used for the GI. Are they all the same? Etc. thanks!

I think Stern uses Cointaker for their LED's. They use white ones most of the time I have some color changing in my ST Pro I do not know about Met.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc;jsessionid=9C82A8988765743CB3CF730641596367.m1plqscsfapp04?productId=1076&categoryId=136

#85 6 years ago

Thanks guys. Ill pic some up and see if i like those

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The one thing Gary Stern didn't mention is how much LEDs love to jump out of their sockets. But maybe they've solved this with their GI LED vendor.

I had replaced a quite a few of the incandescent bulbs on my MET pro with LEDs and the only ones I had trouble with popping out where the spot lights on top of the slings.
Fix: A friend of mine and fellow pinsider suggested putting a dab of silicone on the edge of the bulb. I did and it solved that problem!

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I hope they don't color match. The insert is already a color...the light coming through it allows you to see that color. You don't need a color with a color unless you intend to change that color.

I can't speak from experience with the newer games, but the blue arrow inserts on F-14 with standard bulbs look "baby blue" and not the nice, darker "navy blue" that is the end result of converting to blue CT LEDs. The wavelength of the LED underneath the lens makes a lot of difference in my opinion. if you just use white LEDs, then to get a color you end up having to filter out the unwanted spectra. Kind of defeats the color spectra choice that is a feature of LED selection.

LED4D_AllLED_Spectra.gif

1 week later
#88 6 years ago

Anyone received one of these new MET LED Pro's?

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Anyone received one of these new MET LED Pro's?

+1 , I wonder if they come with the new cab decals.

#91 6 years ago

Yea, thats a picture Stern posted on their facebook page awhile ago. I would like to know if anyone has received one of these games and can post additional pictures for us. This is probably the only pin from Stern i'd consider buying NIB but I haven't seen any additional pictures or feedback.

thanks

#92 6 years ago

I've just purchased my first NIB but I chose to go with incandescent because I'd rather do the LED job myself and I prefer the plain speaker panel.

#93 6 years ago

The game is the same PRO except for the backbox slant, speaker panel decal and 2LED cointaker bulbs replacing the incandescents. What other info would you like to see/hear?

Quoted from ZenTron:

Yea, thats a picture Stern posted on their facebook page awhile ago. I would like to know if anyone has received one of these games and can post additional pictures for us. This is probably the only pin from Stern i'd consider buying NIB but I haven't seen any additional pictures or feedback.
thanks

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The game is the same PRO except for the backbox slant, speaker panel decal and 2LED cointaker bulbs replacing the incandescents. What other info would you like to see/hear?

Before I drop $4800, I would like some people to say they received it and its great etc.. Would like some references really.

thanks

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Before I drop $4800, I would like some people to say they received it and its great etc.. Would like some references really.
thanks

I received it 2-3 weeks ago and it is beyond great. Just been too busy to post pics. Apologies. Decals are not metallic like IMVE. New head and speaker panel art look awesome. T moulding on head is still chrome.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

thanks

I too picked one up. Love it. I like the slant of the DMD better. Pick one up, lots to do in that game.

#97 6 years ago

I dont think you can go wrong with either version of the met pro. Awesome game. Would be nice for us older style pro owners for someone to make a sticker for the older style speaker panel that has the same artwork as the new one though....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside