New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 138376)

Metallica LE vs The walking dead premium

By Bartzenegger

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by britrex1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi, I'm getting a new pin soon. I like modes and deep pins with intensity. Thinking between metle vs twd prem which would u choose and why. I would love to hear from people who have both also. Thank u so much in advance !! party on pinheads.

#2 5 years ago

MET all day long. Have a Met Pro and had a premium in the past. I just sold TWDLE. Any version of MET > TWD. My two cents.

#3 5 years ago

So totally agree with you DylanFan71 as I just bought a Met Pro myself a bit ago.

#4 5 years ago

One vote here for TWD. It's a blast and very deep now. Met is cool but I get sick of the music. If you love those songs go for Met, if not maybe lean TWD. You can't make a wrong choice here.

#5 5 years ago

I had a MET Premium and liked the game but I am not a fan of the Metallica theme and music. I bought a TWDLE and it is not leaving my collection any time soon (I've had it for a year already), love the theme and immersive gameplay.

#6 5 years ago

Walking dead

#7 5 years ago

Metallica looks better and it's theme integration is better. But Lyman's code was a home run on TWD, while it just missed the mark on Metallica. Don't get me wrong, he did good on Metallica rules but the code did not compliment the layout as well as it does on TWD.

So...Metallica if you like a fast - flowy type game that looks and sounds good at the sacrifice of a grind like feel ruleset. Or, TWD if you want a game with stellar ruleset, diverse gameplay at the sacrifice of weaker sound and call outs.

Once the novelty factor of sparky, hammer, snake wear out - Metallica becomes less and less fun. My vote goes to TWD for its diverse, deep, fun ruleset which compliments it's awkward layout beautifully.

#8 5 years ago

Go with the one you like best for theme. They are both deep, challenging, full of immersion, and are great fun.

#9 5 years ago

This is one of those can't lose situations. I'd say pick which theme you like better and enjoy!

#10 5 years ago

I have a met pro and a twd premium. You would have to pry the met from my cold dead fingers.

#11 5 years ago

What it comes down to is people who own Metallica will say metallica is better. People that own TWD will say it is better. The end. And to follow suit in that trend, I have played both and TWD LE is WAY better hands down

#12 5 years ago

MET if you are still trying to hold on to your past and cheap black tour shirts if not go with the better theme TWD.

#13 5 years ago

I own both LEs. Metallica is just fast fun and accessible. Sound is good. It's pretty too with aurochs hammer. TWD is a little more offbeat and not as immediately enjoyable and a drain monster. Time will tell. Over the long haul, TWD could pull ahead, but right now it's Met.

#14 5 years ago

I've played TWD & didn't think it was that great of a game. So Metallica will be my choice. The new KISS pro is 10 times better than TWD imo.

#15 5 years ago

Thx guys ! I have played both. I like both. But haven't played either enough to see what's deep and also don't really know the rules on either. U guys are awesome for your quick response.

#16 5 years ago

I have neither and have played both. Metallica is the better of the 2. IMO

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

What it comes down to is people who own Metallica will say Metallica is better. People that own TWD will say it is better. The end. And to follow suit in that trend, I have played both and TWD LE is WAY better hands down

This! Except the part that TWD LE is Way better. 1/2 right is a good average for QuarterGrabber though.

#19 5 years ago

I've owned both. MET is a really good pin that I will never bash. It has great PF artwork. I like the band, so the music is fine to me (but doesn't go with pinball as well as AC/DC's music does). But eventually the pin felt like too much wood chopping to get to the good stuff (CIU). Even in the beginning, MET never had the "just one more game" pull to it that I prefer.

TWD is quite a bit tougher than MET. Not only do you have a side drain monster in TWD, but you get plenty of SDTM drains as well. It can be frustrating at times. Many times. But when you start learning the shots and hitting them, the pin really takes off. Lyman's current ruleset on this pin is excellent. Better than METs in my opinion. This pin keeps you coming back for more. The challenge of "staying alive" (surviving zombies) is perfect for the theme.

The stock call outs are not good. You will want to use pinball browser yourself or one of the codes that other pinsiders have made to replace most of the stock call outs (and some music too).

#20 5 years ago

Have both and both are new to my collection.

Like them both and both keepers.

#21 5 years ago

I have both LE's and neither one will be leaving....EVER!

#23 5 years ago

Have both LE's side by side. Not really sure which one I would unload first if I had to.

#24 5 years ago

Wow ! Thx guys robt thx for the details. It's a hard one. How long does metle take to get through and how long does twd premium take to get through ?

#25 5 years ago

Had pro and premble walking dead and a pro met tough call both great games I would go with the best value really can't go wrong with either game

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Wow ! Thx guys robt thx for the details. It's a hard one. How long does metle take to get through and how long does twd premium take to get through ?

How long? Who cares, both are loved, but TWD is my favorite pin of all time now with what Lyman has done with it.

If you want a difficult pin to try and master, TWD is it, Met is much easier, still has the fun factor and the music.

#27 5 years ago

You said you like mode based games. TWD has modes while Metallica has multiballs which you use to reach Crank it up's. (Which could be considered modes but not in the sense you are probably thinking)

If you are looking for a more mode based game go with TWD

#28 5 years ago

Ok I didn't know it's based on multi balls I thought it was song based like AC/DC

#29 5 years ago

Duration of game means something to me because it's more complex usually and has more last ability because of this. Example I love monster bash but it's quick and can only play it so much. I love tz, lah, xmen le ,

#30 5 years ago

If you want LONG ball times then you want a Lord of the Rings my friend SKB has a sweet one for sale right now too

#31 5 years ago

If you want LONG ball times then you want a Lord of the Rings my friend SKB has a sweet one for sale right now too

Thanks for the plug QG, but It's gone and sold!

#32 5 years ago

I can attest to this! Had an epic game last night that went through two destroy the rings. My hands were asleep after.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks for the plug QG, but It's gone and sold!

Not surprising. It was pretty sweet!

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

My hands were asleep after.

Hahahahaha, reminds me of the guy that had to have a pee jar by his LOTR just to make it to valindor (I know I likely spelt it wrong).

#35 5 years ago

I own both (met prem and twd le). Can't go wrong with either. Both outstanding pins. Met plays longer with a bit deeper rules. Twd is faster and more brutal. Both with amazing lighting and immersion. They are both works of art because they are both Borg / Lyman efforts. I say buy both...

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

I can attest to this! Had an epic game last night that went through two destroy the rings. My hands were asleep after.

I opened my outlanes, turned EB memory off, capped eb's at 3, set barad'dur awards to extra hard, put potd on extra easy, and put on 2-balls and was still destroying the ring and getting to TABA left and right. I tried to shorten game times and make the deepeness more appealing, which actually worked for a bit, but sometimes even the greats need to retire. FOTR MB is still by far the best MB ever created though. Other than that; I did learn that I could care less for a VE now where I was really hoping for one a few months ago. Time to move on for me, but if people haven't experienced its epic journey, they need to!

Wait, what was this thread about....

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Go with the one you like best for theme. They are both deep, challenging, full of immersion, and are great fun.

Yeah but the pro versions are so much better. Much faster and you can pick your own light colors.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

They are both works of art because they are both Borg / Lyman efforts. I say buy both...

Great point, Borg and Lyman, the best combo going in pinball right now imo.

#39 5 years ago

Not longer ball times. Just more to finish the game.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Great point, Borg and Lyman, the best combo going in pinball right now imo.

But would you say that if Lyman was teamed up with Ritchie on his last two pins?

You could easily be saying "Ritchie and Lyman, the best combo going in pinball right now" if that had happened.

#41 5 years ago

TWD is a fun pin but I cant keep the ball on the pf to see any of the nice code, Metallica is by far the clear winner.

Metallica has the best artwork Stern has ever produced, if you like eye pleasing gameplay, no reason to look elsewhere.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TWD is a fun pin but I cant keep the ball on the pf to see any of the nice code, Metallica is by far the clear winner.
Metallica has the best artwork Stern has ever produced, if you like eye pleasing gameplay, no reason to look elsewhere.

To sum it up TWD is to hard for CF.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

To sum it up TWD is to hard for CF.

It is, anyone want to trade?

edit----and its too hard!

#44 5 years ago

Just curious how people feel about Kiss Premium compared to MET and TWD?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
League City, TX
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Naples, FL

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside