Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Sparky
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey all, I have searched the forum, but came up with nothing, so I'm looking for the rules on the Metallica LE pin. I see these guys getting outrageous scores and I'm still unclear how some modes start. I want in on the fun!! If it has been posted somewhere else, I apologize, I just could not find it. Thanks and a link works too.

#2 10 years ago

As of right now rules are pretty basic until the code comes.

Shoot sparky 10 to start his multiball.
Shoot the snake 5 times while he is lit to start his multiball.
Knock down the crosses then hit the big cross twice to start that multiball.
Hit the captive ball (hammer in your le) 25 times to start coffin multiball.

During any of the multiballs hit the 4 guitar picks to light the snake. Once snake is lit get the ball in his mouth to get add a ball to the current multiball, ie, if you have 3 balls going it will make it 4 balls, 2 balls active becomes 3 balls.

Seek and destroy is a little bit more complicated but not much. Shoot any shot where there is a red arrow with a spider in it. Once you shoot the shot the red arrow lights. While arrow is lit you need to hit a sparky, snake, and cross. If you shoot another red arrow shot while working on a arrow, the shot arrow you just shot will light and you can complete that line for sparky, snake, and cross. Once you complete all 3 objectives for an arrow shot, all three inserts (sparky, snake, cross) and the red arrow will flash. Shoot the flashing shot again to start the hurry up objective. Once that is started the coffin will start to flash, this the captive ball (hammer in your le) to complete the hurry up. Once all the lanes are complete you will start seek and destroy, which is basicly shoot the flashing shot then hit the hammer.

Fuel is started by adding fuel to the fuel bar. To do this hit the f,u,e,l on the left side, complete fuel 3 times to start fuel mode, while that is going everything is 2x scoring.

Shoot the ramps to spell metallica, if you can hit them back to back it will start a combo, get 25 combos for an extra ball. Once metallica is spelt you will start lady justice mode, shoot the ramps and orbits alternatively to build lady justices scales.

I think that is everything, if not im sure someone will jump in.

#3 10 years ago

Thanks a bunch man. I know.I got seek and destroy twice, but had no idea how!! Thanks again, time to play!!

#4 10 years ago

Shoot the Mystery Scoop for 500K

#5 10 years ago

Game strategy….shoot Mystery scoop all day long! Only 200 shots to crack 100 million

This pin will be such a Beast once the next code update is released

#6 10 years ago

I'm still a little confused regarding starting the captive ball hurry-up and working toward starting SnD. I understand that after five hurry ups, SnD will start. However, I'm not clear on what the insert lights mean in order to start the hurry up.

For example, if I hit the left orbit, the spider arrow lights white. If my next shot is the right ramp, the left orbit spider arrow goes out, and the right ramp lights white. Did that mean I cancelled the left orbit sequence for the hurry up and started a new one? Once I have a spider arrow lit (white), how do I get a spider arrow lit (red)? Is there a difference between a solid red or blinking red spider insert? Once a spider arrow is lit red, do I concentrate on lit, unlit, or blinking Sparky, Snake, or Cross inserts, or do I concentrate on lit spider arrows (solid red)?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I'm still a little confused regarding starting the captive ball hurry-up and working toward starting SnD. I understand that after five hurry ups, SnD will start. However, I'm not clear on what the insert lights mean in order to start the hurry up.
For example, if I hit the left orbit, the spider arrow lights white. If my next shot is the right ramp, the left orbit spider arrow goes out, and the right ramp lights white. Did that mean I cancelled the left orbit sequence for the hurry up and started a new one? Once I have a spider arrow lit (white), how do I get a spider arrow lit (red)? Is there a difference between a solid red or blinking red spider insert? Once a spider arrow is lit red, do I concentrate on lit, unlit, or blinking Sparky, Snake, or Cross inserts, or do I concentrate on lit spider arrows (solid red)?

The spider arrows go red for combos and have nothing to do with SnD.

Moving the white arrow around doesn't cancel the progression on a shot, it chooses what shot you will collect inserts on when you make a feature shot.

#8 10 years ago

It sounds a bit different on the pro. But it really comes down to.

Light a lane (spider target)
Shoot grave, snake, sparky for that lane in any order
When you complete a lane all four inserts will strobe together
Shoot that lane to start the hurry up
Shoot the captive ball/hammer to collect the hurry up and fully light that lane.

Repeat this for all the lanes and then seek/destroy mode starts.
In SnD mode, one lane strobes again
Shoot that lane
Shoot the captive ball/hammer
Next lane will strobe
Repeat untill all lanes completed
The order of the lanes lighting is the same order you complete the original hurry ups

Play with the glass off and manually hit the targets to work it out if you need to.

Its a really fun mode!

Good luck!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

It sounds a bit different on the pro. But it really comes down to.
Light a lane (spider target)
When you complete a lane all four inserts will strobe together
Shoot that lane to start the hurry up
Shoot the captive ball/hammer to collect the hurry up and fully light that lane.

It's identical on the LE. The only difference is the arrows can change color for combos (and hopefully other stuff some day)

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Hit that lane four more times, or hit the grave then the lane, snake then the lane, sparky then the lane (in any order)?

I normally would take the glass off to get a better understanding, but I haven't bothered because I figured I'd do it after the next code update. However, the topic came up, so I figured I'd try to get a better understanding of it now.

#11 10 years ago

Hitting the snake lights the snake insert for the lane with the lit spider target.
Hitting sparky lights the sparky insert for the lane with the lit spider target.
Cross targets get a bit messy cause hitting the cross can move the lit spider insert to the grave lane as well as award the cross insert to the previously lit lane.

I think you may be over thinking it a bit. You basically look at the lit lane (spider target) and try to fill in the inserts that it is missing by hitting the other shots. If its missing the snake, hit the snake. Etc.

#12 10 years ago

Does collecting the hurry ups count towards anything else, i.e., an extra ball in MM, or is it just to progress to seek and destroy?

#13 10 years ago

Not right now that i know of. Except of course for giving you more points the faster you finish the hurry up.

#14 10 years ago

Thanks for the explanation - wasn't sure how to light the snake during multiball to get the add-a-ball. Also when you get that add-a-ball you get double scoring for a certain amount of time right? Can be stacked with FUEL 2x scoring too right? And is there any indication ON the playfield of when you have 2x scoring?

#15 10 years ago

I think the fuel 2x runs as long as the fuel lane arrow is flashing. For the snake it is on as long as the snake is holding the ball in his mouth. You have ti turn the snake holding option on in the menus.

#16 10 years ago

If you don't turn that option on for the snake (is that default factory setting?) you still get the 2x but you just don't know how long - is that right? The one I play is on location and the OP doesn't change any settings really.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Hit that lane four more times, or hit the grave then the lane, snake then the lane, sparky then the lane (in any order)?
I normally would take the glass off to get a better understanding, but I haven't bothered because I figured I'd do it after the next code update. However, the topic came up, so I figured I'd try to get a better understanding of it now.

Yeah you're overthinking it. Theres no 'order' to any of it really.

Cross shots light cross inserts
Snake Shots light Snake inserts (3 of them actually)
Chair Shots light chair inserts
The actual insert that gets lit depends on what lane/ramp the Spider arrow is currently on, which always changes to the 'newest' lane/ramp made

Once cross, snake, chair are lit on any one lane, the shot strobes to start the hurry up.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I think the fuel 2x runs as lol ong as the fuel lane arrow is flashing.

Also possibly a little known fact, the Fuel 2X can run indefinitely as long as you keep hitting the shot. The timer resets to 20 seconds every time you hit it while 2X is running.

Same is true for the snake lock, but you have to complete the pick standups over and over.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Yeah you're overthinking it. Theres no 'order' to any of it really.
Cross shots light cross inserts
Snake Shots light Snake inserts (3 of them actually)
Chair Shots light chair inserts
The actual insert that gets lit depends on what lane/ramp the Spider arrow is currently on, which always changes to the 'newest' lane/ramp made
Once cross, snake, chair are lit on any one lane, the shot strobes to start the hurry up.

I think the confusing part is when someone says "Cross shot" and it's not clear if that's the cross drop or a cross insert that's not lit or blinking.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Also possibly a little known fact, the Fuel 2X can run indefinitely as long as you keep hitting the shot. The timer resets to 20 seconds every time you hit it while 2X is running.
Same is true for the snake lock, but you have to complete the pick standups over and over.

Ok so that red arrow IN the FUEL lane (to the left of the standups) - when that is flashing or when the words FUEL are flashing? I know I am always confused and when I try and look up to see if my scores are 2x I drain... doh!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Ok so that red arrow IN the FUEL lane (to the left of the standups) - when that is flashing or when the words FUEL are flashing? I know I am always confused and when I try and look up to see if my scores are 2x I drain... doh!

When the arrow is blinking, that's 2X

When Fuel is running, that shot is lit for jackpots, but that's a different and independent mode altogether. (nice to run them together tho )

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I think the confusing part is when someone says "Cross shot" and it's not clear if that's the cross drop or a cross insert that's not lit or blinking.

For the hurry ups, you do not shoot for inserts, you shoot the shot. The only time any inserts are lit for a shot is when the hurry up is ready for start.

The cross is a slight wrinkle in that the cross is also a feature shot, but it just moves the spider arrow when you hit it.

#23 10 years ago

good discussions!

#24 10 years ago

Ok, now some clarity on Snake MB scoring:

Snake inserts score jackpots, and then if you hit the snake, it is either 1x, 2x, or 3x the jackpot score, depending on how many jackpots you score before hitting the snake? If the snake is holding a ball in his mouth (2x), these snake hits would score 2x, 4x, 6x? Hitting guitar picks resets the timer on the Snake holding the ball. If there is also 2x scoring going from the target behind the FUEL bar, is it 4x, 8x, 12x if all bonus multipliers are going (snake in mouth, FUEL target 2x, and snake hits after jackpots?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Ok, now some clarity on Snake MB scoring:
Snake inserts score jackpots, and then if you hit the snake, it is either 1x, 2x, or 3x the jackpot score, depending on how many jackpots you score before hitting the snake?

Yes. There is I believe a time limit on claiming the 3X super though. It's supposed to be a 'combo' of sorts, but the timer is pretty generous.

If the snake is holding a ball in his mouth (2x), these snake hits would score 2x, 4x, 6x? Hitting guitar picks resets the timer on the Snake holding the ball. If there is also 2x scoring going from the target behind the FUEL bar, is it 4x, 8x, 12x if all bonus multipliers are going (snake in mouth, FUEL target 2x, and snake hits after jackpots?

Yes. That would be one way of doing the math. I still view it as a 4X super, but being that the super is really a 3X jackpot Snake shot, it's technically a 12X jackpot. Might actually be a record for the highest jackpot multiplier? That's not a stat I'm aware of

The old software (1.20? maybe 1.16?) had the snake combo go up to 5X - now that was fun. I actually preferred it as avoiding cashing in the 3x or 4x was tough - you couldn't just bat the ball around and hope the 5x was ready. But that would turn the jackpot into 20X with 4X running which was obscenely high.

Currently the highest single jackpot in the game I'm aware of is a 4X Coffin Super. I believe this clocks in around 12mil?

#26 10 years ago

When I got home last night, I played with the glass off to get a better idea of the insert lights and accomplishing the hurry-ups toward SnD. It makes perfect sense now! Thanks guys!

I also tried to get a better understanding of the multipliers during Snake MB. I did get it up to 12x with the glass off, but I'm not sure I would ever be able to do that in a game.

Having a better understanding of these rules is just like getting new code!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-le-rule-set and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.