Metallica Le Magnet, Snake, and too many balls

By Silverballbrain

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So here is the story,

This machine is a friend's who plays it alot..and has friends that play it alot..and because I own a pinball machine hopes that I can fix it.
I however only know gameplan machines and know next to nothing about stern games so I seek any wisdom or advice from the experts of pinside. The following are problems and the order of which they occured.
1. The Hammer Magnet-I have looked on the site but found no mention of this issue. The machine has one of the new boards to fix the errors that occured with prevous boards, ie phantom hammer hits, and magnet not responding. Those are not an issue. What happens is the ball lands on the magnet, is locked, and the magnet lowers itself to the coffin area. Once the lowering mechanism stops, the ball is released and slids back to the metal bracket and not forward at all. It stays there, and even when the machine recognizes it can't remove it. I checked the wiring but nothing seems broken, rusted through or damaged.

2. The snake jaw-This is a more recent problem that I am troubled by. I ran the diagnostic check and was shown the following on the dotmatrix display:
50v/20v disabled
Jaw Coil () (x)Jaw switch
Latch coil () (x)latch switch
Eject Coil () () eject switch
The mouth no longer opens or closes and I am not sure what to do to fix this problem.

3. Shoot lane ejects 2 ball instead of one-When I ran a diagnostic, it displayed an image of what appeared to be balls but had teen number list on them. The first ball was only outlined, located near the shooter ramp. The next three in the through lane, I think that's what its called, where color and solid. The last was outlined, labeled 18 (I think) but not solid. The screen stated that a ball was missing but when a fourth ball was added, 2 would be ejected.

4. There is a fuse, I think that's what it's called under the playfield close to the front on the same side as the right flipper set up. It is brown and looks burn out. I intend to replace it but I am concerned that replacing it will not stop the actual cause. Would any of the issues above have encouraged such an outcome?

Any advice is appreciated.

#2 8 years ago

Try posting in the Metallica owners thread as well

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-owners-thread

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.50
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-le-magnet-snake-and-too-many-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.