MOPcoincard.pdf (PDF preview)
snake-bite.jpg
IMAG1268.jpg
IMAG1266.jpg
IMAG1264.jpg
IMAG1261.jpg
IMAG1260.jpg
IMAG1259.jpg
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
#201 10 years ago

Did anyone figure out what's so special about Monday yet?

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't get it...if its still a captive ball, why change the newton ball to a box? I guess I'll have to see it...take a pic!

A captive ball mechanism serves a couple purposes - it deadens the actual pinball energy so it doesnt come flying straight back at the flippers, and it works like a billiard ball where the spherical contact makes angles come into play differently than hitting a flat target. The deadening of the ball is desireable because of where this target is on the playfield, but the lack of predictability on the ball's direction makes capturing it with a magnet difficult, hence a captive ball with a flat box target in front.

Thats my guess.

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

GUMBO said:

What's the opening under the start button?

Where a tournament button would go.

Why is there no tourney button on the LE's?

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

This isn't gameplay and certainly isn't something that is going to change, so this should be okay to show. Here's the snake defanged. It looks like it was a change that was made later down the line since the metal plate in the bottom of the snake mouth has holes on the sides where it looks like the fangs would have fit when the mouth was closed.

That's no snake.....it looks like a fuckin turtle

#205 10 years ago

teenage metallica ninja snake

#206 10 years ago

Hahaha

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

A captive ball mechanism serves a couple purposes - it deadens the actual pinball energy so it doesnt come flying straight back at the flippers, and it works like a billiard ball where the spherical contact makes angles come into play differently than hitting a flat target. The deadening of the ball is desireable because of where this target is on the playfield, but the lack of predictability on the ball's direction makes capturing it with a magnet difficult, hence a captive ball with a flat box target in front.
Thats my guess.

Or it's just box shaped because so are coffins/caskets.

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The snake now looks pretty silly all gummed up. I guess they wanted him to be as old as the band...

Damn dude! That made me laugh so hard it brought tears to my eyes!

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from Casey_Bryson:

Or it's just box shaped because so are coffins/caskets.

Well the original press release and images didn't have it so while they maybe went that direction aesthetically (I haven't seen it so I can't say) from a functional standpoint I don't think it was originally intended to be anything but a captive ball. If it was supposed to be a casket or coffin target from the get go I'd expect it to be in the feature list. In the end I don't care what it looks like, just spitballing why it has change from a simple captive ball.

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Whysnow, take your hate and insults off pinside. Bad vibes and troll status for you. This is a metle thread not a bullying and insult thread. Bad karma dude.

I've noticed he's been doing this more lately. He told me to "GFY" a week or so ago. Too bad, he used to seem like a good guy. Maybe time for a break from Pinside Whysnow?

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

No sound on the hammer? Could you imagine the bell on AC/DC not having the sound or the TNT bank not yelling "fight" when you hit it?

Yes, I can imagine that very well, as no one yells "fight" when you hit the TNT targets as it is now.

Learn it! Love it! Chant it! T.N.T. Oi! Oi! Oi!

#212 10 years ago

Sorry, but when it stinks I call it like I see it. Flippers that constantly hype so they can then take advantage of other collectors SUCK. We all know who the #1 pinside pump and dumper is.

Rob, you were purposely trying to crap on a potential deal that did not involve you.

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, but when it stinks I call it like I see it

I wish I could do that, I see so much stink on pinside and I just delete my post before I send it .
You should try it .

#214 10 years ago

The shaved off fangs are a shame and anyone not seeing this is very much like Wolverine's elbow on X-Men is living in another world. A custom made toy that was designed specifically for a machine and it has to be ground down and altered to work correctly / prevent problems. Same-same, poor design.

I know broken teeth were mentioned pretty early on after pics were released. I didn't think much of it because I figured it was made out of a material that would keep that from happening. I mean, surely they knew a ball was going to hit them. Then I see someone has lost a tooth and now the teeth have been removed. With the factory removal of the teeth I'm guessing the lost tooth that someone posted about was more than an isolated case.

Well, at least "toy grinder guy" gets to keep his position for a bit longer and gets a little variety in his job (one day Wolvie elbows, next day snake teeth).

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I wish I could do that, I see so much stink on pinside and I just delete my post before I send it .
You should try it .

I'm glad to hear some one else does that. I think I type and don't click the "Send post" button more than I actually do post.

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I think I type and don't click the "Send post" button more than I actually do post.

I would have over 100K in karma points .

#217 10 years ago

I rewrote what I was going to say here twice then figured, nahhh. It wasn't anything bad by any stretch, but I was not pleased with my goofy joke so, yeah... this is what you get now.

*twiddles thumbs*

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've noticed he's been doing this more lately. He told me to "GFY" a week or so ago. Too bad, he used to seem like a good guy. Maybe time for a break from Pinside Whysnow?

Yeah, he must have hit his head or something. He's never met me, never dealt with me yet he insults me, stalks me and makes these crazy assumptions about me... be careful Rob he may be coming for you next.

#219 10 years ago

The hammer worries me much more than the fangs. The fangs are so minor its not even worth worrying about. Like I said you will be able to add your own cool fang mod soon. They won't break. One of the easiest mods to add.

I'm real curious as to how the hammer looks, operates and if it blocks the playfield much? Will it work smoothly every time like it should? The hammer sounds like a cool idea but could pose more problems then its worth... I hope I'm wrong!

#220 10 years ago

Whoa! So much animosity! Bottom line is - "flippers" suck; they ruin the hobby - or at least make it more difficult to get into.
As far as fangs....sure they look cooler on the game, but who really cares? There will be aftermarket entrepreneurs that come up with mods to add.
Where's Blondetall? Moderate this thread before it gets further out of hand!!! Maybe the party lasted too long??
Remember - pinball is a game!!! It's meant to be fun!!! Thank you Lesmanley for trying to get the video!! I respect your morals in regards to Stern.

I cannot wait to get my METLE...fangs or no fangs. I also think the powdercoating is pretty great! I don't see what the big deal is???

Thank you Stern for putting this machine out.

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Whoa! So much animosity! Bottom line is - "flippers" suck; they ruin the hobby - or at least make it more difficult to get into.
As far as fangs....sure they look cooler on the game, but who really cares? There will be aftermarket entrepreneurs that come up with mods to add.
Where's Blondetall? Moderate this thread before it gets further out of hand!!! Maybe the party lasted too long??
Remember - pinball is a game!!! It's meant to be fun!!! Thank you Lesmanley for trying to get the video!! I respect your morals in regards to Stern.
I cannot wait to get my METLE...fangs or no fangs. I also think the powdercoating is pretty great! I don't see what the big deal is???
Thank you Stern for putting this machine out.

The thread is just fine without the mods and has been in hand but thanks for the stoking of the flames.

#222 10 years ago

Looks like metle asking prices are dropping further every day. 9300 on mr. Pinball for anyone interested. The guy is only about 2k high IMHO, but atleast he is starting at a more reasonable spot.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks like metle asking prices are dropping further every day.

I'm so glad I have a MoPLE and not one of those crappy MeTLE's...

#224 10 years ago

So the snake really doesn't have an "animated jaw" - it simply opens and closes with no other movement?

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

So the snake really doesn't have an "animated jaw" - it simply opens and closes with no other movement?

What more could it do? Whistle?

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Move when it's talking was that a real question ?

Yes i heard he moves when he talks...

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Oh, man. That made me lol.

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Move when it's talking was that a real question ?
Yes i heard he moves when he talks...

You heard the head actually moves & not just the jaw? Hmm. Don't see that happening.

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

When I saw "animated jaw", I expected an .... animated jaw. Not just one that opens to lock.

From Stern's description: "Ball-Eating Snake w/ animated jaw" .... so kind of was expecting an "eating" animated movement. Or at minimum animated when talking. Not simply opening to allow a ball lock.

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

The hammer worries me much more than the fangs. The fangs are so minor its not even worth worrying about. Like I said you will be able to add your own cool fang mod soon. They won't break. One of the easiest mods to add.
I'm real curious as to how the hammer looks, operates and if it blocks the playfield much? Will it work smoothly every time like it should? The hammer sounds like a cool idea but could pose more problems then its worth... I hope I'm wrong!

It's big, but is pretty low, so it didn't bother me. You can still see Sparky well. Not one issue with it on the LE so far... *fingers crossed*

#231 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's big, but is pretty low, so it didn't bother me. You can still see Sparky well. Not one issue with it on the LE so far... *fingers crossed*

Hey Les, now that you've probably had more than a few games on the LE, what are your thoughts on it compared to the Pro?
I know initially you said you liked it more, but what about now? Does the Hammer catch seem to slow down gameplay too much in your opinion?

Thanks,
Steve

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Hey Les, now that you've probably had more than a few games on the LE, what are your thoughts on it compared to the Pro?
I know initially you said you liked it more, but what about now? Does the Hammer catch seem to slow down gameplay too much in your opinion?
Thanks,
Steve

I haven't played any more games on the LE since. Haven't had a chance. I have played the Pro more though. I still feel the same way. The hammer doesn't take too long, it is quick and effective. IMHO, everything on the LE enhances the experience of the code on the Pro. There isn't a detractor.

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, but when it stinks I call it like I see it. Flippers that constantly hype so they can then take advantage of other collectors SUCK. We all know who the #1 pinside pump and dumper is.
Rob, you were purposely trying to crap on a potential deal that did not involve you.

I simply stated the obvious and what everyone else was thinking. A FT is not worth the same at a TZ in the same condition. Right?

Regardless, I would *never* tell another member to "GFY". Period.

#234 10 years ago

Sorry, i tend to be a vulgar sob. Would "piss off" have been better for you?

#235 10 years ago

Does anyone know what the new code added?

#236 10 years ago

is it Monday yet, so we can see the goods?

#237 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

is it Monday yet, so we can see the goods?

Monday is E3 bro!!!!

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You should try it .

Man, isn't that the truth. This place sucks. I barely bother anymore.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks like metle asking prices are dropping further every day. 9300 on mr. Pinball for anyone interested. The guy is only about 2k high IMHO, but atleast he is starting at a more reasonable spot.

Automatedsales sold one on ebay a little over a week ago for $9495. They have another for sale at the same price.

Edit: Looks like that one sold last night, so that's two within less than two weeks selling for $9495!

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, i tend to be a vulgar sob. Would "piss off" have been better for you?

Yes.

But FT still isn't worth as much as TZ.

#241 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Does anyone know what the new code added?

We loaded it after the tournament last night and didn't notice a ton of new stuff initially. I had to leave though. Lighting lock is at the captive ball now though like on the LE, not the standups anymore.

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes.

Mine is

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes.

Hope this is a Joke...FT is worth like 500$ to 1000$

#244 10 years ago

ahh remember when personalizing a machine made it worth less. Sorry Hilton but its still kind of true. Unless you find someone who like exactly what you have done your kinda sol on the what its worth thing. I would prefer a FT that was sub 2k and stock Personally.

#245 10 years ago

To you.

#246 10 years ago

I hope THIS is a joke! ^^

#247 10 years ago

I'll pay you top dollar, $1,000, for one ... TOP DOLLAR! Will even pay shipping. Please sell me one, thanks!

#248 10 years ago

Ya it was a Joke...i was trying to Start him up

#249 10 years ago

Ya it was a Joke...i was trying to Start him up

Thank god. I thought Quebec had just taken the title for having the country's most potent weed.

Whew!

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Thank god. I thought Quebec had just taken the title for having the country's most potent weed.
Whew!

Still, We have some very good one,but not that good

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
7,600 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-le-is-in-upcoming-pics-and-video-thread/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.