MOPcoincard.pdf (PDF preview)
snake-bite.jpg
IMAG1268.jpg
IMAG1266.jpg
IMAG1264.jpg
IMAG1261.jpg
IMAG1260.jpg
IMAG1259.jpg
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
#101 10 years ago

Free t-shirt! Is that standard for LE machines?

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

Free t-shirt! Is that standard for LE machines?

Not sure. I recall them doing something like that with Tron and a few people never getting their shirts, but don't remember it for other games.

#103 10 years ago

Here are a couple more safe pics...

met6.JPGmet6.JPG met7.JPGmet7.JPG met8.JPGmet8.JPG

#104 10 years ago

Thanks for the pics.
Is the head and side cab scratched or is that part of the artwork?

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

Thanks for the pics.
Is the head and side cab scratched or is that part of the artwork?

It's the puppet strings from the hands.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

There are NO fangs on the LE snake.

I heard that somewhere .

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

The LE code is not ready. Would be a mistake to use in launch party. Smart PR move on a sterns part. Give Lyman time. So many shots and features he hasn't even activated.
I played the test Premium today. Plays like Pro but the Grave Marker looks sick going up and down with led flashers. i can confirm the mirrored back glass is the best Stern back glass ever.
Look forward to the pics.

Really, from playing multiple games on it, the LE plays just like a Pro at this point, so I don't know how they could say the code isn't ready. If the Pro code is ready to be played by the masses, the LE is IMHO. The only difference are the spinners and physical ball lock. The spinners add points, but not a ton and the hammer had 0 issues when we played it tonight over multiple games.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Right, I saw that and wondered it myself and I was 3 feet from the game. Had to run my hand over the decals to be sure.

#109 10 years ago

How is the lighting ? Does it change colors for different modes ?

#110 10 years ago

I heard that somewhere .

This isn't gameplay and certainly isn't something that is going to change, so this should be okay to show. Here's the snake defanged. It looks like it was a change that was made later down the line since the metal plate in the bottom of the snake mouth has holes on the sides where it looks like the fangs would have fit when the mouth was closed.

met10.jpgmet10.jpg

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Cool thanks!

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

How is the lighting ? Does it change colors for different modes ?

The color changing LEDs do not do much yet. There aren't modes really to change on, so no. They didn't change for ...and Justice for All or any of the multiballs. The only time I saw them used so far was to light a specific shot like the right orbit for instance. Then if you shot the right orbit, it would start the captive ball hurry up count down.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Is anyone else surprised at how underdeveloped the code is on the LE at this point? Is the code update on monday going to be huge? I couldn't see that it would be, as they could have just released another code today to add some things.
I'm paying around $8K for mine and was unfortunate enough to buy an X-men LE at launch, and sold that after 6 months of crappy code.
No sound on the hammer? Could you imagine the bell on AC/DC not having the sound or the TNT bank not yelling "fight" when you hit it?
I guess I'll put my faith in Lyman at this point and hope for the best?

I'm still amazed to see people surprised at getting bare bones code when receiving a newly released game from Stern. Its been like that for every game that I can remember. If you arent ready to wait a lil while for a proper code i'd suggest not buying until its more polished.

#114 10 years ago

Is it just me, or does it look like the fangs were REMOVED from an already complete mold? I feel like I can see where they were snipped off, but maybe I'm imagining things?

#115 10 years ago

It's Wolverine all over again

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Is it just me, or does it look like the fangs were REMOVED from an already complete mold? I feel like I can see where they were snipped off, but maybe I'm imagining things?

Sure is. You can even see some of the white paint.

#117 10 years ago

Oh dear. They turned the snake into an alligator.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Waison.

Lyman.

That's all I gotta say about that

#119 10 years ago

We could turn the alligator back into a snake with a flexible tongue like in Grand Lizard but smaller of course.

Congrats on your game look forward to updates and features.

Thanks for sharing even if Al Bundy out shares you to date

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Seriously????

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Seriously????

No,I'm not being serious, but the snake does look a little funny without fangs

Quoted from Rarehero:

Waison.
Lyman.
That's all I gotta say about that

Totally agree

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The hammer worked perfectly. It is anti-climatic though since there isn't a sound effect yet for it. It is screaming for one and I am sure they will add it. To light coffin multiball now, it is shots to the metal box (captive ball in Pro).

Metal box? Eh? I thought the LE would have the same captive ball, but w/ the Hammer over it. What's this metal box?

#123 10 years ago

Does the orbit post reject balls from the left orbit shot like it does on the Pro? I'm guessing the mechanism is the same so it probably does.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Does the orbit post reject balls from the left orbit shot like it does on the Pro? I'm guessing the mechanism is the same so it probably does.

Interesting, does your post pop up for all left loop shots? It shouldn't. Only plunge shots and right orbit shots should fire the orbit post up.

#125 10 years ago

Is it possible that by announcing your intentions to take video and photos of a technically unreleased machine, which you probably shouldn't have to begin with, and promising to post them on the most widely read forum (especially by stern employees), this MAY have drawn attention to yourself, thus causing them to squash your plans?

Always keep your mouth closed and play dumb! LE? What LE? That thing never arrived, but check out my new YouTube uploads!

#126 10 years ago

What is the difference with the FUEL target from the pro?

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Metal box? Eh? I thought the LE would have the same captive ball, but w/ the Hammer over it. What's this metal box?

Isn't that the ball lock under the big coffin insert?

#128 10 years ago

Oh man they totally snipped off the fangs and painted it green LOL. Sucks as it looks way better with fangs , but if they are going to break not much you can do.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Oh man they totally snipped off the fangs and painted it green LOL. Sucks as it looks way better with fangs , but if they are going to break not much you can do.

I wouldn't worry about this at all... fang mods are coming.

#130 10 years ago

What's the opening under the start button?

#131 10 years ago

The snake now looks pretty silly all gummed up. I guess they wanted him to be as old as the band...

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from GUMBO:

What's the opening under the start button?

Where a tournament button would go.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Promo pics seems to show the ball, another change.

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

This isn't gameplay and certainly isn't something that is going to change, so this should be okay to show. Here's the snake defanged. It looks like it was a change that was made later down the line since the metal plate in the bottom of the snake mouth has holes on the sides where it looks like the fangs would have fit when the mouth was closed.

Oh dear. Poor snake.

Fangs for the memory

#135 10 years ago

To confirm, no shaker correct?

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Promo pics seems to show the ball, another change.

Guess thats the surprise?

#137 10 years ago

It still bugs me that LE and Premium models get the plastic leg protectors. I know it's a small issue but still.

The snake looks funny as we're use to seeing fangs but remember, he only opens his mouth when he's ready. Meaning, he isn't opened the entire game like in the pro models.

#138 10 years ago

Also > looks like the early pros are now the tru LEs How many fanged snakes are out there...

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Also > looks like the early pros are now the tru LEs How many fanged snakes are out there...

about 50-60 plays and they will all be fangless... who cares about the fangs. It was a great idea to remove them and let the secondary market come up with fang mods that won't break. So many promising things about this pin and some are worried about two white fangs...

#140 10 years ago

Thinking about it, maybe the metal box is simply a backboard for the ball to bounce back and get centered on the magnet. Perhaps in testing they had trouble with the captive ball mech and the hammer/magnet working together.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

To confirm, no shaker correct?

I was wondering same thing - curious minds need to know...

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Quoted from smassa:

Seriously????

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

No,I'm not being serious, but the snake does look a little funny without fangs

Totally agree

Careful about using xmen references on this title around smassa

Game sounds tight, can't wait to play it!

#143 10 years ago

I think the main people worried about 2 missing fangs are the failippers that sucked up LEs just to make a buck off of others. The should probably also be worried about the gag order Stern is placing on the one LE currently in the wild and the god aweful powder color choice.

Looks like the premium is the better choice for anyone. No need to overpay on a supposed LE that some donkey bought from his distributor buddy just to make a buck.

#144 10 years ago

No Shaker. Added my own.

#145 10 years ago

It is really just a metal box that covers the handle of the hammer where the captive ball was in the Pro. The side facing the player is flat and that is what you hit to score "captive ball hits". It is different for sure, but it registers hits very well, we never had a problem with it.

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think the main people worried about 2 missing fangs are the failippers that sucked up LEs just to make a buck off of others. The should probably also be worried about the gag order Stern is placing on the one LE currently in the wild and the god aweful powder color choice.
Looks like the premium is the better choice for anyone. No need to overpay on a supposed LE that some donkey bought from his distributor buddy just to make a buck.

I agree about the powder coat. But the cab/backglass art package IS the best on the LEs. That said, chrome will look tight on the LE.

#147 10 years ago

The fangs are no big deal. Just think about how much complaining everyone would have done if they designed the snake without fangs from the beginning...

A friend of mine and I ran $30 through a pro over two nights and did not mind the one broken fang a bit!

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Yes it does. Rule wise, it plays identical to the Pro with the addition of spinner scoring and the "Seek and Destory" which, like I said before I got, but I wasn't sure how I did it and it wasn't super amazing yet.

#149 10 years ago

Hey just thought of something; it's not les Manley. It's LEs Man LE why?

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what are failippers anyway? Your just a hater that wanted an LE and missed out... You tried to trade your $10,000 FT for one so I know you really wanted one.

The Premium version is a great choice but the bottom line is the collectors will always want the LE version no matter how much you try to trash it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 149.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-le-is-in-upcoming-pics-and-video-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.