0709131159b.jpg
0709131200.jpg
0709131159b.jpg
metallicaoldlady.jpg
blade.jpg
11photo.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redeyes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 10 years ago

Whos that baller putting up the Grade Champ score?

Good comments Hank thanks for letting me unbox yesterday with ya! and yes I love the game play too, its fast 'n brutal but we were hitting ramp shots left and right no problem which felt great cause these ramps are not as easy as ACDC. Ramps are just sick, smooth, fast, not wobbly like avengers and its a good feeling to have wireforms back. The moving snake jaw is cool, the moving cross is ok, sparky is funny as hell and so much cooler in person than in video, has to be one of the coolest toys ever, but the jury is out on the hammer, not sure if its the fact that its a lil outa sync or it seems its in the way of sparky shot a little. I will say the ball lock coffin is badass! LED Lighting is killer and so is the backglass, but i too am not totally impressed with the front only decal bubbling(all others were perfect), how can u be tho right? The trim package is horrible and prob the biggest disappointment(why cant Alex L outsource for Stern!! Id like to hear his opinion of it), seems like one coat of power that barley covers grinding marks in lockdown bar, with what seems like no clear coat at all for protection, which would give it that smooth/glassy feel, just feels like high grit sand paper. Hulk trim blows this away as far as quality.
The overall package is awesome but is it worth the price its commanding? One thing that was brought to my attention by Derek is that this is the first game in awhile I personally played the pro long before the LE, so my expectations were alot higher, not sure if thats whats throwing me off here on the LE justification.

I should be getting mine next week, but To tell you the truth for 2k less im seriously thinking of getting a tricked out pinball refinery Met pro edition.. those guys are on point with what there doing!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

The moving grave marker, moving snake jaw, and hammer do not add much. The unobscured captive ball shot in the Pro looks much cleaner.
The big question is really, will you miss the spinners (possible added rules?), under-playfield physical lock, and programmed LED lighting if you go with a Refinery Pro?
I can't rationally justify the added cost, but those would be the differences that I might regret.
But maybe after playing an upgraded Refinery Pro, you may not even think about the difference.

well said, yes I forgot to mention the spinners which are cool but they dont have the intense sound effects ACDC has, at least not yet.. Bottom line is..I need more time on both LE and pro to make a sound decision.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Does the LE not come with these metal brackets pre-installed like AC/DC Premium?

No there black plastic cheap ones

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

I'm pretty sure they are referring to field of vision. I'm guessing that the hammer partially visibly blocks the shooting lane to Sparky.
Don't know though, I'm just assuming.

It is not silly, you are correct it blocks vision to sparky feet and target...

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I can't see any clear on that at all. If it were cleared it would look like a basketball court. Extremely glossy (well proper clear anyway). If I can get 10 orders ill do the GB. Just need to get them going.

Ya there really isn't any.. How can some people say there ok with this powder coat job on a 7k pin

You should reach out to stern again if you really wanted to make it happen get aggressive! We need you!

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Shoot me an email. How long does the process take I could always order a complete new set and spend the day in Staten Island while ya hook me up

How bout we ask stern why they didn't clear the powder coat like all there other games!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 26.50
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider redeyes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-le-impressions-comments-problems-mods?tu=redeyes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.