0709131159b.jpg
0709131200.jpg
0709131159b.jpg
metallicaoldlady.jpg
blade.jpg
11photo.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

It is too bad the owners of WOZ don't have the balls to post the issues with their new game !
All games have issues , give it some time .

What does WOZ Have to do with this?
and what's up with MOPLE showing playfield wear after only 20 games?

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Sorry, I mean the leg/cabinet protectors

Are you shitting me?? They're even skimping on that now?? It's not the money, it's the principal!

My AC/DC prem (march run) also had the plastic cab protectors I guess all the games are this way now.... The plastic ones do seem to work fine though.

#248 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I want to publicly announce that I am insanely jealous of anyone who owns an LE. I have owned a few Pro machines, and I am intensely embarrassed about that. Every time I play my stripped down, Costco Pro game, I die a little inside. My only solace in life is reading posts from a few LE owners who discuss how valuable their games have become. Keep it up fellas!

^LMAO^

#268 10 years ago

I will say that my AC/DC Prem was from the last (March) run
And it was flawless 0 issues Stern seems to have that game dialed in!

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

The two we have (for the 1up / 2up) had no problems other than a different screw missing on each playfield. Today we will set one up at the 1up and tomorrow one at the 2up. If we have any probs ill post.

Exidy,
Pics of you drinking a Latte on that MOPLE or it didn't happen

#305 10 years ago

Exidy,
If you had a pink clown up your ass and I had your pin collection we would both be tickled pink

Sweet collection!

// Error: Image 110718 not found //

#323 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Trust me I know ! I hate a dirty machine but man the play is at least playable . All my Restorations play like shit the first 50 games then things settle down. I have seen people change the coils to correct this but the real answer is , let it break in and leave the wax off it for a while .

McCune
Does the wax just may the game play too fast?
How often should a playfield be waxed?
I think I might be an over waxer.

#327 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Way too fast, That is why you get people complaining . I think once a year in a HUO environment should be good . I am no pro on the wax subject, I just know it phucks up game play on these new lighting fast games .
Let those pins play and they will be more enjoyable with lots less frustration .

Ok I'm definitely an over waxer I waxed my ac/dc 3 times in the first month I owned it <dumb>
(I thought more was better)
That partially explains why AC/DC kicked my ass so bad
The game played so fast I literally didn't have time to nudge it...
I would be sitting there with my jaw hanging open thinking WTF just happened.

#401 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

From what I understand its only a no no on metals especially aluminum...

Yea simple green is bad news on aluminum
In my experience it can discolor / etch it

#447 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Never had an issue. Mind you I spray it on, leave it for a few minutes, then wipe it all off.
If you left it on there long term (why would you do that?) then maybe there could be an issue.
Interesting thread on an aircraft forum about it:
http://www.backcountrypilot.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5115
Everyone I know uses Simple Green to clean their machines, including a very top end restorer.
rd.

I was actually using simple green on my toy hauler
Trailer and experienced this "etching effect" on some of
The aluminum, but I had bought the concentrate
That you dilute with water... Maybe I mixed it to strong
Not sure.

#625 10 years ago

Yea Stern pins are no good...
Now make me a smokin deal on your LOTR starbase

#630 10 years ago

Whoa, you played a Tron? Or a Farfarella? Or was it a Class of 1812
It was stylish to dog on Avatar for a while, but IMO Avatar vs WoZ, based upon what I have played so far, Avatar wins on overall sound package, reported reliability, and code design. How messed up is that?

What exactly does Avatar win? The pathetically cheap playfield toy award?
Was Toys R Us having a blow out on knock off Ken Dolls? In that case I also will give the nod to
Avatar for the save a buck award (how messed up is that)

image.jpgimage.jpg

#633 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Whoa, that's for LE's loaded with a powerball only isn't it? I was talking Avatar Pro here. If you are talking about fast scoring, then I guess WoZ wins as it has TWO fast scoring modes... a light one and a (wait for it...) a DARK one. That's like the same mode... twice apparently. Double knockout punch, or is that the equivalent of pounding the air with misses? I don't know.
Its cool it comes in two flavors, but I don't consider that groundbreaking "next level" rules design.

Yes, for playfield toys Avatar does get the "The pathetically cheap playfield toy award". At THIS POINT IN TIME the bang for your buck award certainly goes to Avatar, IMO. It is a "more fun" game at this point, which is alarming and kinda sad.
I look forward to the point where I say "WoZ at more than twice the price of Avatar pro is a bargain". After 2.5 years (?) in development the tragedy is its still up in the air that I will ever be able to state that.
I am a true curmudgeon lately. I am riffing on Stern's build quality and JJP's design philosophy (the world was screaming for a return to Black Hole era rules, right?) in equal measure. If I didn't have my games here to play I would be depressed at this point...

You make some good points ^ and I agree as I am heavy on "vapor pins" right now (WOZ, RAZA & STLE)
the weight is hard! Especially when Stern is putting out cool games like Metallica that can be had right now.

#635 10 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

Please define "vapor pin" for me because I'd love to see your definition.
WOZ is being delivered and is even on location at some retail establishments. STLE, I assume Star Trek le hasn't even been officially announced. I have no idea what RAZA stands for.

Ok MY definition for a "Vapor pin" is a game that I have either paid for
in full or put a deposit on and either
Isn't available yet OR is available but I am still waiting my turn (WOZ)

Just to be clear the term vapor pin isn't meant to bash or smear on any game or manufacturer it's
Just my way of saying that it exist only in my "mental collection" at this point.
Good things come to he who waits

#644 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I will bet you 1 billion dollars that it isn't here first half of next year!
Take that bet?
If that's too rich for you, how about if you win, you get my TRON LE. If I win, I get your WOZ ECLE (assuming you have it by then).
Deal?

Rob I thought you were going to be buried in your Tron LE

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-le-impressions-comments-problems-mods?tu=concretehardt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.