0709131159b.jpg
0709131200.jpg
0709131159b.jpg
metallicaoldlady.jpg
blade.jpg
11photo.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 768 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 16.
#401 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

From what I understand its only a no no on metals especially aluminum...

Yea simple green is bad news on aluminum
In my experience it can discolor / etch it

#402 10 years ago

You guys kill me.

A little bit of car wax or fleet wax when you first get the game should be fine.

I wax my games after a clean them. I just use Novus 2 every 4-6 months or so and then a light wax just a little bit maybe just a couple drop here or there.

Though I do not use Stern's pinballs. The one upgrade everyone should make is to buy $1.50 high polished balls for and NIB game. The #1 cause of a destroyed PF is bad balls

#403 10 years ago

I was always under the impression that people were just spraying novus 2 all the time on their playfields.

When I started in this 10+ years ago it was generally thought that waxing the clearcoated playfields was pointless as there were not cracks for the wax to grip, and it would just come off and spread throughout the game.

I guess times have changed. Novus all the time seems excessive, but so does waxing every hundred or so plays.

I guess the great thing about owning your own games is you get to do whatever the heck you want

#404 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I was always under the impression that people were just spraying novus 2 all the time on their playfields.
When I started in this 10+ years ago it was generally thought that waxing the clearcoated playfields was pointless as there were not cracks for the wax to grip, and it would just come off and spread throughout the game.
I guess times have changed. Novus all the time seems excessive, but so does waxing every hundred or so plays.
I guess the great thing about owning your own games is you get to do whatever the heck you want

Some people wash/wax their cars every week too. I've never waxed a vehicle in my life, and I don't wax my newer games either. I just keep them clean, and they play great.

#405 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

If the PF does have any wear or starts to develop ball lanes then waxing seems to slow this down IMO.

#406 10 years ago

Metallica LE with the latest firmware installed shaker motor set on Max. It shakes but not as much as say a Tron set to moderate. Is this normal ?

#407 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

That's the funniest thing that I've ever heard!!

Guess I should never wax any of my cars that have a clear coat on them either, since there are no "cracks for the wax to grip"!

#408 10 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

Metallica LE with the latest firmware installed shaker motor set on Max. It shakes but not as much as say a Tron set to moderate. Is this normal ?

I brought up a shaker on my pro a few weeks ago. Those settings just decided how often it shakes. Not how hard. With moderate/max it shakes for all captive ball hits, multiball jackpots and during sparky when he's being electrocuted.

On how hard it shakes mine is violent. Everything is bolted and as secured as I can get it. It rattles te hell out of the game and is on obnoxious. I'm working on modifying the weights of the motor to call it down. Avengers XMen and avatar at my local place its a nice subtle movement and no vibrating the hell out of everything.

Jim

#409 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

maybe putting some kind of non-slip grippy adhesive disc on the magnet core

Could be onto something. When I had CV I removed the decal on the lid of the RM and polished it.
The ball would go all over that plate before stopping on the center. I put the grippy decal back on and it grabbed and held the ball in the center almost instantly.
Hope it works, I'm still kick'n around the idea of getting a Premium.

#410 10 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

Yes the code is not complete to really integrate it well. On mine it shakes the most at electric chair

#411 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I brought up a shaker on my pro a few weeks ago. Those settings just decided how often it shakes. Not how hard. With moderate/max it shakes for all captive ball hits, multiball jackpots and during sparky when he's being electrocuted.
On how hard it shakes mine is violent. Everything is bolted and as secured as I can get it. It rattles te hell out of the game and is on obnoxious. I'm working on modifying the weights of the motor to call it down. Avengers XMen and Avatar at my local place its a nice subtle movement and no vibrating the hell out of everything.
Jim

Thank you for the clarification on the differences on the settings
I guess I am lucky because on my LE its subtle compared to my other shaker.

#412 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

You guys kill me.
A little bit of car wax or fleet wax when you first get the game should be fine.
I wax my games after a clean them. I just use Novus 2 every 4-6 months or so and then a light wax just a little bit maybe just a couple drop here or there.
Though I do not use Stern's pinballs. The one upgrade everyone should make is to buy $1.50 high polished balls for and NIB game. The #1 cause of a destroyed PF is bad balls

Where do you buy your polished balls from?

#413 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Hey are the RGB lighting inserts implemented yet with different colors for different things?

So far this is what I've noticed.

-Spider inserts are white when "selected" and turn red when you complete them w the coffin hurry up

-Fuel lane turns purple when ready for 2x scoring and pink-purple when 2x is active.

-GI has various color fx. Red "burst" when a ramp combo is started. All blue when Grave Marker Super Jackpot is collected....a few others.

#414 10 years ago

So far a few minor issues with my Metallica MOP LE:

1- Head chrome trim has dents where it was resting on the side rails. Emailed Stern, they are sending a replacement today.

2- The "blue led GI" under the return lanes keeps cutting in and out as the flippers energize. Possibly a loose socket, haven't investigated yet.

3- Left orbit was slightly too narrow, I had a ball get trapped. Bending the wire form and ball guide slightly with my fingers resolved the problem.

4- Ball launch is inconsistent. Sometimes it is a clean plunge, other times, it gets caught up near the "ramp" portion, resulting in a missed skill shot.

All-in-all, very minor issues in my opinion. I didn't have any other issues (bubbling side art, non-working lights/assemblies etc).

I'm going to go out on a limb here and go on the record stating "Sterns build quality met my expectations"! I am very pleased with my machine, hopefully everyone's is on-par with mine.

#415 10 years ago
Quoted from cpsystem3:

4- Ball launch is inconsistent. Sometimes it is a clean plunge, other times, it gets caught up near the "ramp" portion, resulting in a missed skill shot.

I have this problem too, especially with the autoplunger.

#416 10 years ago

Wax On,Wax Off Danielson!

#417 10 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

I have this problem too, especially with the autoplunger.

Yup,me 2 with the automatic plunger!

#418 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Yup,me 2 with the automatic plunger!

Me too

#419 10 years ago
Quoted from cpsystem3:

Ball launch is inconsistent. Sometimes it is a clean plunge, other times, it gets caught up near the "ramp" portion, resulting in a missed skill shot.

Ditto. Glad to hear it's not just me, but at the same time I'm sad to hear it is happening to several others. I hope there's an easy resolution to this issue down the road.

#420 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I only use 100% caribou wax.

I prefer moose over caribou, but to each his own I guess.

#422 10 years ago
Quoted from cpsystem3:

Played one fresh out of the box last night. Saw plenty of plunge shots rattle and not make it up to the rollover lanes.

Also, lights in the rollover lane guides were flickering and dim and bright. Doubt it is a game feature.

Hard shots from the right flipper to the inline drops usually fail to drop the targets. Softer hits from a left flipper backhand seem much more successful

The up post that stops the ball on a left orbit shot would consistently send the ball back down the left orbit path. I didn't like how this felt. (preference I guess)

After less than 50 games, I noticed very clearly how beat up the solid block in front of the captive ball was becoming.

I felt like the hammer obstructs too much of the view to the electric chair shot.

Quite a few airballs from the electric chair area that landed in the left orbit.

Lots of little stuff but no game stoppers. We had a blast and will continue to. Very fun game!

Loved the game. Had lots of fun

#423 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

After less than 50 games, I noticed very clearly how beat up the solid block in front of the captive ball was becoming.

Yesterday I cut a square piece sided felt with adhesive and placed it on the face of the metal block.
It protects the block and slows the ball down for the the hammer magnet.

#424 10 years ago
Quoted from Bearded_Warrior:

Where do you buy your polished balls from?

Pinball life

#425 10 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

Yesterday I cut a square piece sided felt with adhesive and placed it on the face of the metal block.
It protects the block and slows the ball down for the the hammer magnet.

I did the same thing and now my felt piece is split in 2 right down the center

#426 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You are a fool !

Says the guy who likes a dirty pin. Drop the bias and just realize AC/DC has a cheap drain or two, oh well and so be it. It can still be a great pin with a solid theme and great play other than a couple of shots. It's not being singled out as the only pin with cheap drains.

#427 10 years ago

Every time the ball comes down the right orbit with speed it hits the right slingshot and never makes it to the right flipper smooth for a wrap around shot..

#428 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Every time the ball comes down the right orbit with speed it hits the right slingshot and never makes it to the right flipper smooth for a wrap around shot..

I'm sure you did this already, but is it nice and level side to side?

#429 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I did the same thing and now my felt piece is split in 2 right down the center

The option is the deadening foam strip but I think it would slow the ball down too much.

#430 10 years ago

Are the Pinball Life premium polished balls different from Marco's Silverjet premium polished balls?

Marco states that their high polish balls can get magnetized if the game they're in has magnets. Is it just that one brand of premium ball or is it all highly polished balls?

The standard balls from Marco, Bay Area or Pinball Life are all superior to the junkers that Stern has been sending out with new games though.

#431 10 years ago

Rock Fantasy LE same problem with Autoplunger

#432 10 years ago

What's with sterns auto plungers lately? Reports of this on ACDC, avengers, and now MET.

#433 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Says the guy who likes a dirty pin.

Piss off ! You going to fight your buddies fight ?

#434 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Piss off ! You going to fight your buddies fight ?

No, but your hostility is mind boggling. I never understood why you take to personal attacks so often, especially if you do a lot of pinball related work. I've seen your work, and it is great, but I wouldn't ever send you anything because you are so hostile and I don't want to get in that gunfire. It seems like if anyone comments negatively about a pinball you like then you just rip them apart personally. Accept people's opinions man. You don't have to agree with them, but sheesh, chill.

#435 10 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Do you guys use cubarna wax? I think that's how it's spelt? The tin I have is a hard wax but as it goes on it softens.

Quoted from flashburn:

I only use 100% caribou wax.

Quoted from Mando:

I started using McGuires NXT Synthetic as the carnival leaves a white residue seems to work well.

cubarna? caribou? carnival? I'm so confused....

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Nope. Novus 2 isn't a spray. It's an abrasive paste cleaner. Novus 1 is a spray cleaner (nonabrasive), and should be all you need to clean a new playfield for a lot of plays. Can even use it to wipe down a waxed playfield to remove light residue. And it's great on plastic ramps.

#436 10 years ago

Being that I am thinking about getting a premium this is making me think this whole thing over again.

#437 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Mine did this too and I looked at a friends ball guide and realized mine was slightly out of place. I Undid the last screw that holds that ball guide in place and moved the end of the ball guide over slightly and loop shots work perfectly.

#438 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

I wouldn't ever send you anything because you are so hostile and I don't want to get in that gunfire

I would never consider doing any work for you ever. I only do work for my friends .

#439 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yea simple green is bad news on aluminum
In my experience it can discolor / etch it

Never had an issue. Mind you I spray it on, leave it for a few minutes, then wipe it all off.

If you left it on there long term (why would you do that?) then maybe there could be an issue.

Interesting thread on an aircraft forum about it:
http://www.backcountrypilot.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5115

Everyone I know uses Simple Green to clean their machines, including a very top end restorer.

rd.

#440 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I would never consider doing any work for you ever. I only do work for my friends .

Well, then we settled that one

#441 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Mine did this too and I looked at a friends ball guide and realized mine was slightly out of place. I Undid the last screw that holds that ball guide in place and moved the end of the ball guide over slightly and loop shots work perfectly.

These orbit/lane guide adjustments should be done for EVERY game (where needed) to give smooth non-sling orbit shots and avoid stdm drains from weak ramp shots, etc. The lane/ramp/orbit guides can often be bent slightly (if metal) when there's no screw adjustability.

#442 10 years ago
Quoted from cpsystem3:

So far a few minor issues with my Metallica MOP LE:
1- Head chrome trim has dents where it was resting on the side rails. Emailed Stern, they are sending a replacement today.
2- The "blue led GI" under the return lanes keeps cutting in and out as the flippers energize. Possibly a loose socket, haven't investigated yet.
3- Left orbit was slightly too narrow, I had a ball get trapped. Bending the wire form and ball guide slightly with my fingers resolved the problem.
All-in-all, very minor issues in my opinion. I didn't have any other issues (bubbling side art, non-working lights/assemblies etc).
I'm going to go out on a limb here and go on the record stating "Sterns build quality met my expectations"! I am very pleased with my machine, hopefully everyone's is on-par with mine.

Concerning your #4 issue (Ball launch is inconsistent). I was having this same problem on my Pro. After a couple of weeks I noticed that the plunger tip was hitting the ball high and to the right (in the 2 o'clock area). I lifted the pf and adjusted the plunger rod to where it hits center of ball. No more problem. Good luck.

#443 10 years ago

To me this game just feels like a clunky mess right now. That fucking orbit post rejects about 90% of the shots from both orbits, and from the plunger and autoplunger. The snake mouth rejects shots about 50% of the time. The magnets for the hammer and for Sparky often do not grab the ball. I'm honestly pretty disappointed right now, all of these things added up just make it a frustrating experience so far. Reminds me of Avengers honestly.

#444 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

To me this game just feels like a clunky mess right now. That fucking orbit post rejects about 90% of the shots from both orbits, and from the plunger and autoplunger. The snake mouth rejects shots about 50% of the time. The magnets for the hammer and for Sparky often do not grab the ball. I'm honestly pretty disappointed right now, all of these things added up just make it a frustrating experience so far. Reminds me of Avengers honestly.

That sucks but I can see how you feel that way . Mine is getting better as it breaks in and I need to tweak a few things . Other than that I feel we will have a good game , AC/DC good ? Don't know yet . I still have not achieved Coffin multiball and I am approaching 100 games .

Hope you can feel better about it soon.

#445 10 years ago

I'm sure I will, just right now I'm a bit soured on it. For now, I'm probably just going to disable the orbit post, even though that means I'll barely get any pop bumper action. I really hope Stern figures out a reasonable solution for it. They also need to increase the magnet strength (hopefully they can). I need to look at the Snake mechanism and see if there is a way to adjust the lower part of the snake mouth.

#446 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

The snake mouth rejects shots about 50% of the time.

you do know that the snake requires TWO hits each time?

#447 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Never had an issue. Mind you I spray it on, leave it for a few minutes, then wipe it all off.
If you left it on there long term (why would you do that?) then maybe there could be an issue.
Interesting thread on an aircraft forum about it:
http://www.backcountrypilot.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5115
Everyone I know uses Simple Green to clean their machines, including a very top end restorer.
rd.

I was actually using simple green on my toy hauler
Trailer and experienced this "etching effect" on some of
The aluminum, but I had bought the concentrate
That you dilute with water... Maybe I mixed it to strong
Not sure.

#448 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Magnet for the Hammer is the software...it will be fix in the next codes,its not correcly timed.
Snake: first time it opens the mouth second time in the mouth.
For the autoplunger...ya,does it to me also

#449 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I'm sure I will, just right now I'm a bit soured on it. For now, I'm probably just going to disable the orbit post, even though that means I'll barely get any pop bumper action. I really hope Stern figures out a reasonable solution for it. They also need to increase the magnet strength (hopefully they can). I need to look at the Snake mechanism and see if there is a way to adjust the lower part of the snake mouth.

Good luck I could not find a menu item to disable it. I hate that post. I do think the snake rejecting the ball sucks. I;m not sure it can be fixed

#450 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Magnet strength was an issue in the first couple codecs of xmen too. It's solid now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 768 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-le-impressions-comments-problems-mods/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.