0709131159b.jpg
0709131200.jpg
0709131159b.jpg
metallicaoldlady.jpg
blade.jpg
11photo.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 768 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.
#301 10 years ago

niiice!

#302 10 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Here is my custom trim powder coated . Picking my game up today #21 to next to my LTBR #21

Also, your #21 is being picked up on the 21st of the month.

#303 10 years ago

I must say after getting some time on the LE it defiantly feels more complete than when I received my ltbr. And everyone know what steve and lymon did for this game . Only great things to come

#304 10 years ago

I played the LE at the 2up today for quite some time, what an amazing game. Fast, fun and looks awesome. // Error: Image 110714 not found // // Error: Image 110715 not found // // Error: Image 110716 not found //

#305 10 years ago

Exidy,
If you had a pink clown up your ass and I had your pin collection we would both be tickled pink

Sweet collection!

// Error: Image 110718 not found //

#306 10 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

I played the LE at the 2up today for quite some time, what an amazing game. Fast, fun and looks awesome.

So you did get it in the house

#308 10 years ago

LMAO ^^^^^

#309 10 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

I played the LE at the 2up today for quite some time, what an amazing game. Fast, fun and looks awesome.

Screw the pins standup Atomiswave and two egret II's Any cave shumps in there.

#310 10 years ago

Finally. Getting some time to play . My game is starting to get "memory ". Meaning its not playing like a freshly shopped game. Targets getting worn in and shots are getting smooth and flowing.

My take in the short. Don't come to pinside if you are thinking of buying this game. ( Judge for Yourself ). Play one with about 100 games in that has been tuned. It really is the one of the best new games I have played in almost a decade right out of the box. Pro , Pre, LE what's ever in you budget it's a great game

#311 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Play one with about 100 games in that has been tuned

Exactly, I waxed my AC/DC the other day and it sucked so bad to play that I understood the people complaining about cheap drains . A little dirt is a good thing if you want a playable pinball machine !

#312 10 years ago

waiting is starting to SUCK

#313 10 years ago

I just made another payment on the HOBBIT, planning a box opening party in October of 2016 if anyone wants to come!

#314 10 years ago

trim installed

// Error: Image 110804 not found //

#315 10 years ago

trim

// Error: Image 110805 not found // // Error: Image 110806 not found //

#316 10 years ago

trim

// Error: Image 110807 not found //

#317 10 years ago

trim

// Error: Image 110808 not found //

#319 10 years ago

Opened one tonight and there were a few issues that we noticed:

-Glue or something really tough and nasty smeared all over inside the cabinet and very visible.
-Sparky's helmet has wear out of the box
-DMD missing a dot
-DMD plastic is very wavy for some reason
-Trim around back box is dented
-The balls included in with this game were the worst I have ever seen. I know balls are cheap but come on I have never seen worse balls in a game new or used! I have balls rolling around the floor of my garage that are better.
-Game needs a lot of tweaking out of the box, especially the orbit on the left side the ball couldn't even pass through without getting stuck. The switches for the pop bumpers were touching so they didnt work at first. This goes without saying though and is the nature of the beast I think.

Even after all that I still think this is the best pinball game ever made, at least by stern. Quality control may be at an all time low but man is this a great game! Only disappointment is an LE should be 100% on QC.

#320 10 years ago

Looks awesome man, pretty sweet set up as always. Might have to stop over around expo time.

#321 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Exactly, I waxed my AC/DC the other day and it sucked so bad to play that I understood the people complaining about cheap drains . A little dirt is a good thing if you want a playable pinball machine !

My play has been getting way better of late.......and I haven't waxed my games for a while and I don't want to now!

#322 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

My play has been getting way better of late.......and I haven't waxed my games for a while and I don't want to now!

Trust me I know ! I hate a dirty machine but man the play is at least playable . All my Restorations play like shit the first 50 games then things settle down. I have seen people change the coils to correct this but the real answer is , let it break in and leave the wax off it for a while .

#323 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Trust me I know ! I hate a dirty machine but man the play is at least playable . All my Restorations play like shit the first 50 games then things settle down. I have seen people change the coils to correct this but the real answer is , let it break in and leave the wax off it for a while .

McCune
Does the wax just may the game play too fast?
How often should a playfield be waxed?
I think I might be an over waxer.

#324 10 years ago

Highly impressed. My LE came yesterday. Was worried about everything from delivery to finding bulbs all over the pf after opening the box. The game looks insane. Crazy fun to play.

Will be putting the Flipper Fidelity upgrade in tonight, as well as Lorenzo's headphone kit.

I think a spinner or something needs some adjusting, as it was awarding players some points before they launched the ball towards the end of the night, but that was my only issue. I feel bad for you guys who had games come with problems.

I only got to put in 4 games on a pro before I got my LE last night. I would not trade this game for a pro + a stack of cash. Just no way.

#325 10 years ago

Anyone else getting the ball stuck behind the fuel targets.
It's not that bad if you have multiball going,you can at least knock it loose.
It usually happens when i'm not in that mode though.

#326 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

McCune

Way too fast, That is why you get people complaining . I think once a year in a HUO environment should be good . I am no pro on the wax subject, I just know it phucks up game play on these new lighting fast games .

Let those pins play and they will be more enjoyable with lots less frustration .

#327 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Way too fast, That is why you get people complaining . I think once a year in a HUO environment should be good . I am no pro on the wax subject, I just know it phucks up game play on these new lighting fast games .
Let those pins play and they will be more enjoyable with lots less frustration .

Ok I'm definitely an over waxer I waxed my ac/dc 3 times in the first month I owned it <dumb>
(I thought more was better)
That partially explains why AC/DC kicked my ass so bad
The game played so fast I literally didn't have time to nudge it...
I would be sitting there with my jaw hanging open thinking WTF just happened.

#328 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

agreed people get to anal. A game should need nothing more than a dry cleaning for the first few thousand games. Wax is really only needed on older games that have dull worn surfaces like most 90's wms/bally games. The wax levels it a bit and fills the imperfections and gives a slick surface. This is again not needed until there has atleast 5,000 plays. In fact wax makes games dirty anyway as it rubs off on the balls and then dirt begins to stick to balls and travel all over.

#329 10 years ago

That partially explains why AC/DC kicked my ass so bad

For sure, now go play the shit out of it and watch how it comes alive with shots going where you shot them. It will take quite a few games to settle down the game, but it will get way better .

#330 10 years ago

Or take some novus and take that shit off

#331 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Or take some novus and take that shit off

Novus will make it play shitty too. Found out the hard way .

#332 10 years ago

Anyone try some dead ball foam on the captive ball area yet?

#333 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone try some dead ball foam on the captive ball area yet?

You wouldn't want to do that. It's a newton ball (cube). You need the transfer of energy from the cube to the ball so the ball hits the target. Also, you want that satisfying THUNK. Deadening that area with foam will make it feel shitty and probably make it so the captive ball won't get the impact energy to hit the target.

#334 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You wouldn't want to do that. It's a newton ball (cube). You need the transfer of energy from the cube to the ball so the ball hits the target. Also, you want that satisfying THUNK. Deadening that area with foam will make it feel shitty and probably make it so the captive ball won't get the impact energy to hit the target.

Hmm. Have you noticed any of the wear that the op was talking about? I don't think there's a pic in this thread. Just trying to understand how bad it is.

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

agreed people get to anal. A game should need nothing more than a dry cleaning for the first few thousand games. Wax is really only needed on older games that have dull worn surfaces like most 90's wms/bally games. The wax levels it a bit and fills the imperfections and gives a slick surface. This is again not needed until there has atleast 5,000 plays. In fact wax makes games dirty anyway as it rubs off on the balls and then dirt begins to stick to balls and travel all over.

I haven't waxed my IM for over 400 games and finally I am starting to get good scores! Think I will only wax when friends come over and my high scores might be in danger

#336 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Hmm. Have you noticed any of the wear that the op was talking about? I don't think there's a pic in this thread. Just trying to understand how bad it is.

Don't worry about it. It's a metal newton cube. It's supposed to be hit. Mine has a "streak" on it just like any other metal-on-metal thing in a pinball like ball guides. It's not even remotely visible by the player as the Hammer is over it. If it bothers you, remove it and replace it w/ a newton ball like on the Pro. You still won't see it lol.

What will putting foam on it do? "Protect it" while removing it's actual function? C'mon.

#337 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Don't worry about it. It's a metal newton cube. It's supposed to be hit. Mine has a "streak" on it just like any other metal-on-metal thing in a pinball like ball guides. It's not even remotely visible by the player as the Hammer is over it. If it bothers you, remove it and replace it w/ a newton ball like on the Pro. You still won't see it lol.
What will putting foam on it do? "Protect it" while removing it's actual function? C'mon.

Alright I'm convinced lol.

#338 10 years ago

I have a big F-ING PROBLEM WITH THIS GAME.

#339 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I have a big F-ING PROBLEM WITH THIS GAME.

You like it too much and now have to save and get one?

If you have one, then the answer is: You are spending too much time on it and ignoring loved ones?

#340 10 years ago

Yeah it takes my money on route!!!!!

#341 10 years ago

I'm not sure if you have already answered this or not...but where did you get the trim? And how much? Thanks! (The flipper protectors are awesome)

#342 10 years ago

Is that the trim that comes with the LE?

#343 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Highly impressed. My LE came yesterday. Was worried about everything from delivery to finding bulbs all over the pf after opening the box. The game looks insane. Crazy fun to play.
Will be putting the Flipper Fidelity upgrade in tonight, as well as Lorenzo's headphone kit.
I think a spinner or something needs some adjusting, as it was awarding players some points before they launched the ball towards the end of the night, but that was my only issue. I feel bad for you guys who had games come with problems.
I only got to put in 4 games on a pro before I got my LE last night. I would not trade this game for a pro + a stack of cash. Just no way.

#344 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

No

#345 10 years ago

Just use Pledge furniture polish every once in a while

#346 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

No, I believe these are the ones Pin-Protection are making. You can see his post on them on page 3 of this thread.

#347 10 years ago

I installed headphone kit and love it.

I noticed a more QC issues. Mainly a couple of screws were missing. One on the left ramp switch sucked as it stopped registering.

I also heard "fade to black" mode will be in new software update

On the captive ball I cut a piece of felt to help save it from getting way to indented. I thought foam would kill the flow so I added the felt to absorb some of the impact and it seems to have improve the lock mech capturing the ball

Next I need to figure out how to upgrade the speakers. Stern shipped with 8 ohm speakers and they seem to have separate lines running to them. So I'm hesitant to drop 4 ohm replacements in

Anyone have any thoughts or comments on upgrading backbox speakers

#348 10 years ago

Anyone have any thoughts or comments on upgrading backbox speakers

#349 10 years ago

I use fleet wax light coat. Works well around magnet areas until you can get mylar protective strips down.

#350 10 years ago

I've never understood waxing a brand new game, especially frequently. It may just be me, but I'm not about to smear that shit on my new playfield. Novus 1 is all I use to keep new playfields clean.

McCune

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 768 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-le-impressions-comments-problems-mods/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.