0709131159b.jpg
0709131200.jpg
0709131159b.jpg
metallicaoldlady.jpg
blade.jpg
11photo.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 768 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Okay jokes over just shattered the first inline drop Fuckaroo!! Damn!!!

I want this game so bad, but I've read so many things that remind me of the shit I went through when I received AC/DC. Until Stern gets their QC together, I'll save my money.

Hey Stern. Get your shit together so I can give you my money

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Hey Stern. Get your shit together so I can give you my money

Well, considering the fact that they sold out of the LE's in about an hour I can just about hear Gary's response...

"Hey Hank, keep your money! We don't need it!"

#253 10 years ago

That attitude would suck for us. But I don't think they feel that way. My AC/DC had several problems and they just replaced parts until it was working, finally the CPU board. Most of the stories on Pinside reflect that is what they do - fix problems.

What we 'should' do is wait a year for them to fix everything and get it all tweaked and buy a premium, but who can do that?

#254 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Well, considering the fact that they sold out of the LE's in about an hour I can just about hear Gary's response...

Yeah.. yeah.. I'm sure that's what he's saying.

QC is a serious issue for real customers that aren't planning a quick flip for profit. Pump and dump only works if the product is in high demand (or the illusion of high demand). I guess your protestations are meant to gloss over flaws in an effort to pump..?

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

Yeah.. yeah.. I'm sure that's what he's saying.
QC is a serious issue for real customers that aren't planning a quick flip for profit. Pump and dump only works if the product is in high demand (or the illusion of high demand). I guess your protestations are meant to gloss over flaws in an effort to pump..?

Yes to everything you said, especially the one about the prostitutes!

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Because he was permanently banned. Now he's back peddling crap under a different name.

Yes it has been confirmed from his return address and his paypal account!

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Yes it has been confirmed from his return address and his paypal account!

Mods?

#258 10 years ago

The two we have (for the 1up / 2up) had no problems other than a different screw missing on each playfield. Today we will set one up at the 1up and tomorrow one at the 2up. If we have any probs ill post.

// Error: Image 110327 not found //

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

The two we have (for the 1up / 2up) had no problems other than a different screw missing on each playfield. Today we will set one up at the 1up and tomorrow one at the 2up. If we have any probs ill post.

I like the one on the left better

#260 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

That's the attitude that can eventually kill a business.

#261 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That's the attitude that can eventually kill a business.

Absolutely! But I think these issues have always and will always be a part of pinball no matter who manufactures them. Most of the issues are small and can be dealt with. The small ones will never completely go away. The big issues are the ones they have to avoid and get better at...

#262 10 years ago

Im hoping stern mixes it up a little. 3 levels (lower and upper), some laser lights, running lights around the inside of the cabinet, levels shifting up and down.. SOMETHING NEW GODDAMN IT!!!

#263 10 years ago

Chaz is sending me replacements, of course it will take forever to get to Canada I'm sure...

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Im hoping stern mixes it up a little. 3 levels (lower and upper), some laser lights, running lights around the inside of the cabinet, levels shifting up and down.. SOMETHING NEW GODDAMN IT!!!

Yes all that in a Horror Theme,Thanks!!!

#265 10 years ago

The goodie bag should have come with an extra drop target.

Quoted from teekee:

Gary can tell me whatever he wants. I'd love to chat with him as I think Sterns eventually downfall will be not listening to the Voice of The Customer.

What do I really want from Stern on this LE? - I expected a better powder coat for sure.

I expect more code updates for sure. I hope we get the damn X-men update which I hear is garbage and that's why it did not get released. Heard new code only did lame combos and was shelved.

I think other than that we need to rely on cliffy or someone else to protect that captive ball. The game itself is awesome. I just wanted to share some things that need attention if you want to keep the machine pristine in hopes that it holds value.

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Gary can tell me whatever he wants. I'd love to chat with him as I think Sterns eventually downfall will be not listening to the Voice of The Customer.
What do I really want from Stern on this LE? - I expected a better powder coat for sure.
I expect more code updates for sure. I hope we get the damn X-men update which I hear is garbage and that's why it did not get released. Heard new code only did lame combos and was shelved.
I think other than that we need to rely on cliffy or someone else to protect that captive ball. The game itself is awesome. I just wanted to share some things that need attention if you want to keep the machine pristine in hopes that it holds value.

Hank, I was responding to Hank35 not Hank527... lol, confusing!

Everyone has to make up their mind about whether to buy these things or not. I honestly never see a day when issues are completely gone or even mostly gone. I'm sure they can get better but they will always be far from perfect. Manufacturing in general is subpar anymore.

Maybe the best think to do for some is just not buy NIB and buy them HUO... those are less work, more headache free, dialed in... who knows.

#267 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Absolutely! But I think these issues have always and will always be a part of pinball no matter who manufactures them. Most of the issues are small and can be dealt with. The small ones will never completely go away. The big issues are the ones they have to avoid and get better at...

Very True.

#268 10 years ago

I will say that my AC/DC Prem was from the last (March) run
And it was flawless 0 issues Stern seems to have that game dialed in!

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Exidy,
Pics of you drinking a Latte on that MOPLE or it didn't happen

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Hank, I was responding to Hank35 not Hank527... lol, confusing!

Everyone has to make up their mind about whether to buy these things or not. I honestly never see a day when issues are completely gone or even mostly gone. I'm sure they can get better but they will always be far from perfect. Manufacturing in general is subpar anymore.

Maybe the best think to do for some is just not buy NIB and buy them HUO... those are less work, more headache free, dialed in... who knows.

Waiting may always be better, but I'm an addict. Avengers LE was ridiculous on how much needed to be done to it. Metallica does not need much work just preventative maintenance.

If I'd buy a HUO I'd risk getting a subpar machine someone did not protect, did not wax and beat to hell. Or I could get something someone spent hours on making it perfect. Right now I'd choose to buy NIB.

The powder coating sucks because its 500 pinball machines and probably would have amounted to Stern spending an extra $2.00 per machine. Just saying. I do question what we actually are getting for that extra $$. Le vs Premium is a $700.00- $900.00 price difference

We get a kick ass mirrored back glass and Armor.

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

..and speaker M's

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I will say that my AC/DC Prem was from the last (March) run
And it was flawless 0 issues Stern seems to have that game dialed in!

same here. acdc premium build date may17, 2013 was perfect out of the box. hope premium metallica will be good to me as well.

#273 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Just saying. I do question what we actually are getting for that extra $$. Le vs Premium is a $700.00 price difference

LE's are geared towards the collectors. The Limited Edition 1 of 500 means a lot to them. If it doesn't mean much to you and the different artwork is not a factor then the Premium is the way to go... honestly your paying for the collectibility factor that Stern and WE have built into it.

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

LE's are geared towards the collectors. The Limited Edition 1 of 500 means a lot to them. If it doesn't mean much to you and the different artwork is not a factor then the Premium is the way to go... honestly your paying for the collectibility factor that Stern and WE have built into it.

if they are "geared for the collectors" then you must be a collector teekee. maybe they are more "geared for the flippers" is what you really meant.

i hope you make a huge profit on "collecting" your le

#275 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i hope you make a huge profit on "collecting" your le

Thank you, ME TOO! I love providing my services for my favorite collectors out there!

#276 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What all does come in the goodie bag?

#277 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I like the one on the left better

No way man, you're wrong! The one on the right is clearly the better one!

#278 10 years ago

Has anyone put flashers in their backbox? I think game would look cool with a flasher for each of the members and a few more added. I know one or two companies offer flasher backbox kits.
You'd have to determine which flasher solenoid to drive each lamp (17-24 or 25-32) that made sense in gameplay.

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I hear you Tony, and for the most part, I agree with you...if in fact I was the only person hesitant to buy Metallica or any future Stern pin for that matter.

But, what if there were two of us...or possibly 100. That's quite a chunk of change Stern's not getting.

#280 10 years ago

Got 2 Metallica LEs (one's mine), but I have no space for it in my gameroom So it stays in the box for now.

// Error: Image 110486 not found //

#281 10 years ago

Got mine,#47 No issue and it works great,plays great!!

I am getting better at it,takes a while to know the machine the shots are awesome
not to hard or too easy,i am like a little kid in a Candy store.

#282 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

he's back peddling crap under a different name.

The only person who should be allowed to change their name and peddle crap is AlexLevy... Oops, I mean 'PinChroma'

No one cares anymore. Besides that, competition is GOOD for pinball, or is that only correct when supporting JJP?

This silliness is getting hard to keep up with!

#283 10 years ago

Left flipper dyed when the flipper was held up for about 10 seconds on my machine
3 amp fuse blew
I replace the fuse, the flipper energized and the fuse blew again with the flipper in the up position

I will call the distrib. tomorrow

What needs to be replaced ?

Thank you

#284 10 years ago

Did the Metallica LE's come with regular playfield supports instead of the short ass crap pegs they started putting on a few years ago?

#285 10 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

Left flipper dyed when the flipper was held up for about 10 seconds on my machine
3 amp fuse blew
I replace the fuse, the flipper energized and the fuse blew again with the flipper in the up position
I will call the distrib. tomorrow
What needs to be replaced ?
Thank you

Bad transistor. That sucks man.

#286 10 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

even 2 levels would be ok, as long as the real pinball is used
not a tiny plastic shit ball :<

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Hey Exidy, Can you post your serial #s in the LE serial # thread? Thanks and games look great!

#288 10 years ago

anyone else noticing that captive ball mech being beat to hell?

I forgot to take pics but mine is starting to widen from the beatings. I think someone is going to figure out a way to get a proper captive ball in this game

#289 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I forgot to take pics but mine is starting to widen from the beatings. I think someone is going to figure out a way to get a proper captive ball in this game

Hank, I wonder if it would help if you put a piece of drop dead foam on the captive box to help deaden the impact and prevent wear? A similar idea was used on the Elvis houndog target and it works quite well.

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Hank,

What area is widening. Can you take a pic?

#291 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Hank,
What area is widening. Can you take a pic?

The Captive ball square aluminum mech. Its starting to wedge out from repeated hits. A thin piece of drop foam may work well. I will try that

#292 10 years ago

Here is my custom trim powder coated . Picking my game up today #21 to next to my LTBR #21

// Error: Image 110600 not found // // Error: Image 110601 not found // // Error: Image 110602 not found // // Error: Image 110603 not found //

#293 10 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Here is my custom trim powder coated . Picking my game up today #21 to next to my LTBR #21

Looks great man. Have a great weekend and play a few games for me.

#294 10 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Here is my custom trim powder coated

Beautiful~!

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

LUCKY !

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

Looks great man. Have a great weekend and play a few games for me.

Thank I will.

#297 10 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Got 2 Metallica LEs (one's mine), but I have no space for it in my gameroom So it stays in the box for now.

I can see at least 10 games on your list ,I would punt to the curb to play MOP LE

#298 10 years ago

My Metallica LE shipped yesterday. Hope its early next week. Headphone kit time

Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

#299 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

My Metallica LE shipped yesterday. Hope its early next week. Headphone kit time
LorenzoPinnovators.com

My headphone kit is standing by for review. My wife and I will love it. I cant hear her and she cant hear me!

Ah why didnt Borg do this? Trim looks like it was meant to be. I bet James H orders a set. Is the color a perfect match?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 768 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-le-impressions-comments-problems-mods/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.