0709131159b.jpg
0709131200.jpg
0709131159b.jpg
metallicaoldlady.jpg
blade.jpg
11photo.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 768 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.
#601 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have a strong dislike for the music for the most part, like a few songs, haven't played the pin yet, but I am responding to the QC issues as it will affect my future buying decisions, just the way it is.....but I generally like playing most pins!
And just having a little fun, we don't need to take all this so seriously! Well, maybe some do Sometimes you have to read between the lines...

I understand about the music. It's why I love this game, but also why I dislike ACDC. As a first time owner I am anxious to see what issues I'll have with my Premium when it arrives next week.

#602 10 years ago

I have had my dirty Donny for a few day and am having a
Blast with no trouble but a few snake rejects and a few Drops not falling
Love the game and I never liked the band but took a chance on it
Because of the everything else except the music but after buying all
The songs on the pin from iTunes I am now a fan and like a lot
Of the songs and listen to them on my iPhone

#603 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Richie posted on rgp like 3 times a year.

And his last post was the best post ever!

#604 10 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have had my dirty Donny for a few day and am have aBlast with no trouble but a few snake rejects and a fewDrops no fallingLove the game and I never liked the band but took a chanceBecause of the everything else except the music but after buying allThe songs on the pin from iTunes I am now a fan and like a lotOf the songs and listen to them on my iPhone

cool to read that! In the furter codes there will ne the End of the line Mode,this is the
Death Magnetic album...if your starting to like Metallica,listen to Death Magnetic and
mostly the songs All nightmare long,The day that never comes,Judas kiss and Cyanide
the hole album is good but those ones are amazing...Guitar is Crazy!!! lars-james.jpglars-james.jpg

Promo Picture for Judas Kiss Song !!!

#605 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

And his last post was the best post ever!

Yes I am proud to have a syndrome named after me.

#606 10 years ago

Sparky...

photo_2-1.JPGphoto_2-1.JPG photo_3.JPGphoto_3.JPG

#607 10 years ago
Quoted from Bearded_Warrior:

I understand about the music. It's why I love this game, but also why I dislike ACDC. As a first time owner I am anxious to see what issues I'll have with my Premium when it arrives next week.

GL with the premium, maybe they have worked out a lot of the kinks like they did with AC/DC on the premium, always exciting to get a Nib!

#608 10 years ago

FWIW, I've been having a lot more fun with my game after getting another 20-30 more on it. The snake is rejecting a lot less, but between me and a few friends, we've had a ball stuck in the side of the snakes mouth three or four times, just takes a bit of nudging to free, but still annoying. I've got the orbit post disabled, but I'd definitely like to get it enabled again, if the rejects calm down. I'd just be happy if the only thing they changed was that the post doesn't go up for left orbit shots. Overall, I'm really starting to dig the game now.

All my friends that have played it absolutely love it as well. I think in the end, it's going to have AC/DC levels of success and appreciation.

#609 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I think in the end, it's going to have AC/DC levels of success and appreciation.

I sure hope so!

#610 10 years ago

Yes please !! Would you have an exchange program ?

#611 10 years ago

Zdoor - try the Tallica Sux font with a fine point Sharpie...it's much easier to match the Donny-style font w/ a pen vs. a paint brush. Sparky.jpegSparky.jpeg

#612 10 years ago

I'd be interested in a different base color for Sparky's shirt.

#613 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

cool to read that! In the furter codes there will ne the End of the line Mode,this is theDeath Magnetic album...if your starting to like Metallica,listen to Death Magnetic andmostly the songs All nightmare long,The day that never comes,Judas kiss and Cyanidethe hole album is good but those ones are amazing...Guitar is Crazy!!!
Promo Picture for Judas Kiss Song !!!

#614 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yes please !! Would you have an exchange program ?

Working on getting a few. Will let you know

#615 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Zdoor - try the Tallica Sux font with a fine point Sharpie...it's much easier to match the Donny-style font w/ a pen vs. a paint brush.

Couldn't find any pics to go from.

#616 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I'd be interested in a different base color for Sparky's shirt.

That would be easy.

#617 10 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Working on getting a few. Will let you know

+1

#619 10 years ago

Those custom Sparky paint jobs you guys are doing look great. Dirty Donny is supposed to start painting custom Sparky dolls for our games in July. If he doesn't, I'll be trying to paint my own too.

#620 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Those custom Sparky paint jobs you guys are doing look great. Dirty Donny is supposed to start painting custom Sparky dolls for our games in July. If he doesn't, I'll be trying to paint my own too.

Were did get that info from? Is it on his website or something? Hopefully it is not a rumor .

#621 10 years ago

He said it in an email. I keep checking his site.

#622 10 years ago

Couldn't find any pics to go from.

Here ya ago...this is the reason I did the whites in the eyes to make the Donny U-shaped pupil

Donny_Sparky.jpgDonny_Sparky.jpg

#623 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have a strong dislike for the music for the most part, like a few songs, haven't played the pin yet, but I am responding to the QC issues as it will affect my future buying decisions, just the way it is.....but I generally like playing most pins!
And just having a little fun, we don't need to take all this so seriously! Well, maybe some do Sometimes you have to read between the lines...

Just like the GI in your precious woz is dim and inserts are to bright. But please ice can you tell me one more time how you dislike the music them and quality I think we all missed it. Oh no we didn't and its about as regular as tigers constant harshinf on missing out because if a distributor.

We're crystal clear now ice trust me. I like your posts but you have driven this one a bit to deep into our collective brains. Worse then my feeling on jjp ow ownership and future.

I see nothing that is nearly as bad as avengers and a ton of metal bits where there was plastic on there last game. Will have a full report on issues with mine in a few days and a couple of pinsiders who will be there to also share ther opinion on the Le .

#624 10 years ago

Iceman, I seem to remember not too long ago around the XMen era you were constantly pumping up the then unseen Sterns and claiming they made B/W games look like old boxes. Also that they were infinitely more reliable due to their 'new technology'. Changed your tune a little since then?

#625 10 years ago

Yea Stern pins are no good...
Now make me a smokin deal on your LOTR starbase

#626 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Iceman, I seem to remember not too long ago around the XMen era you were constantly pumping up the then unseen Sterns and claiming they made B/W games look like old boxes. Also that they were infinitely more reliable due to their 'new technology'. Changed your tune a little since then?

I don't think that was me or what I was trying to say but I always think newer technology is better, including Stern's and I think I own at least one of every pin maker out there, including those still in development....doesn't mean I don't like B/W games, I like a lot of them, and if that's what I said or implied I was wrong!

And hey, if you like Metallica music then I'm sure the pin will be excellent for you! But just one more time in case its not burned in yet, I hate Metallica music..

Just having a little fun, most people should know better than to take my comments seriously

#627 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How would you know? You've clearly never played it.

Nope. I did play a real dog of a pin where the nicest thing about it was the 3D backglass, but it must've been a knock-off of some kind. Thanks for setting me straight. Given you're clairvoyant, you must already know which finger I have raised.

#628 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

Nope. I did play a real dog of a pin where the nicest thing about it was the 3D backglass, but it must've been a knock-off of some kind. Thanks for setting me straight. Given you're clairvoyant, you must already know which finger I have raised.

Whoa, you played a Tron? Or a Farfarella? Or was it a Class of 1812

It was stylish to dog on Avatar for a while, but IMO Avatar vs WoZ, based upon what I have played so far, Avatar wins on overall sound package, reported reliability, and code design. How messed up is that?

#629 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

It was stylish to dog on Avatar for a while, but IMO Avatar vs WoZ, based upon what I have played so far, Avatar wins on overall sound package, reported reliability, and code design. How messed up is that?

Heheheh! What's funny is that I wasn't a big fan of tron but over time it really grew on me. When I look at WOZ I see a lot of potential and that it's been steadily improving. I'm sure we'll see steady improvements with MET as well. The problem I had with Avatar is I just didn't find it fun to play. I realize there are subtle nuances that only the pinball masters recognize, but man I couldn't get into that pin.

#630 10 years ago

What exactly does Avatar win? The pathetically cheap playfield toy award?
Was Toys R Us having a blow out on knock off Ken Dolls? In that case I also will give the nod to
Avatar for the save a buck award (how messed up is that)

image.jpgimage.jpg

#631 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Was Toys R Us having a blow out on knock off Ken Dolls? In that case I also will give the nod to

Hey man , it has NAVI ball scoring .

#632 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Hey man , it has NAVI ball scoring .

Whoa, that's for LE's loaded with a powerball only isn't it? I was talking Avatar Pro here. If you are talking about fast scoring, then I guess WoZ wins as it has TWO fast scoring modes... a light one and a (wait for it...) a DARK one. That's like the same mode... twice apparently. Double knockout punch, or is that the equivalent of pounding the air with misses? I don't know.

Its cool it comes in two flavors, but I don't consider that groundbreaking "next level" rules design.

Yes, for playfield toys Avatar does get the "The pathetically cheap playfield toy award". At THIS POINT IN TIME the bang for your buck award certainly goes to Avatar, IMO. It is a "more fun" game at this point, which is alarming and kinda sad.

I look forward to the point where I say "WoZ at more than twice the price of Avatar pro is a bargain". After 2.5 years (?) in development the tragedy is its still up in the air that I will ever be able to state that.

I am a true curmudgeon lately. I am riffing on Stern's build quality and JJP's design philosophy (the world was screaming for a return to Black Hole era rules, right?) in equal measure. If I didn't have my games here to play I would be depressed at this point...

#633 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Whoa, that's for LE's loaded with a powerball only isn't it? I was talking Avatar Pro here. If you are talking about fast scoring, then I guess WoZ wins as it has TWO fast scoring modes... a light one and a (wait for it...) a DARK one. That's like the same mode... twice apparently. Double knockout punch, or is that the equivalent of pounding the air with misses? I don't know.
Its cool it comes in two flavors, but I don't consider that groundbreaking "next level" rules design.

Yes, for playfield toys Avatar does get the "The pathetically cheap playfield toy award". At THIS POINT IN TIME the bang for your buck award certainly goes to Avatar, IMO. It is a "more fun" game at this point, which is alarming and kinda sad.
I look forward to the point where I say "WoZ at more than twice the price of Avatar pro is a bargain". After 2.5 years (?) in development the tragedy is its still up in the air that I will ever be able to state that.
I am a true curmudgeon lately. I am riffing on Stern's build quality and JJP's design philosophy (the world was screaming for a return to Black Hole era rules, right?) in equal measure. If I didn't have my games here to play I would be depressed at this point...

You make some good points ^ and I agree as I am heavy on "vapor pins" right now (WOZ, RAZA & STLE)
the weight is hard! Especially when Stern is putting out cool games like Metallica that can be had right now.

#634 10 years ago

You make some good points ^ and I agree as I am heavy on "vapor pins" right now (WOZ, RAZA & STLE)
the weight is hard! Especially when Stern is putting out cool games like Metallica that can be had right now.

Please define "vapor pin" for me because I'd love to see your definition.

WOZ is being delivered and is even on location at some retail establishments. STLE, I assume star trek le hasn't even been officially announced. I have no idea what RAZA stands for.

#635 10 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

Please define "vapor pin" for me because I'd love to see your definition.
WOZ is being delivered and is even on location at some retail establishments. STLE, I assume Star Trek le hasn't even been officially announced. I have no idea what RAZA stands for.

Ok MY definition for a "Vapor pin" is a game that I have either paid for
in full or put a deposit on and either
Isn't available yet OR is available but I am still waiting my turn (WOZ)

Just to be clear the term vapor pin isn't meant to bash or smear on any game or manufacturer it's
Just my way of saying that it exist only in my "mental collection" at this point.
Good things come to he who waits

#636 10 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

I have no idea what RAZA stands for.

Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland ...Jpop's pin due in 2042. What...you DIDN'T PREORDER?!?!?!?!

#637 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Has anybody else had the ball get caught behind the snakes lower lip?

It happened to me until I increased the slope of the game to where it should be. I noticed that when it does hang in the snake's mouth the ball search doesn't bother moving the mouth, probably something they should add.

#638 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland ...Jpop's pin due in 2042. What...you DIDN'T PREORDER?!?!?!?!

That's funny Rare! It will be here first half of next year, they are making excellent progress..

#639 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's funny Rare! It will be here first half of next year, they are making excellent progress..

Hey, good for you for living with such optimism! It's healthy!

#640 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey, good for you for living with such optimism! It's healthy!

I have plenty of experience in dealing with missed deadlines, progress points, etc.....in fact, with JJP and the last 2 1/2 years I'd say I'm an expert! As such, by comparison, its looking good at Jpop...

#641 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have plenty of experience in dealing with missed deadlines, progress points, etc.....in fact, with JJP and the last 2 1/2 years I'd say I'm an expert! As such, by comparison, its looking good at Jpop...

Well, with the first game not done yet...I don't see the 2nd being done early next year but hey...TO OPTIMISM! *clink* Cheers!

#642 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I will bet you 1 billion dollars that it isn't here first half of next year!

Take that bet?

If that's too rich for you, how about if you win, you get my Tron LE. If I win, I get your WOZ ECLE (assuming you have it by then).

Deal?

#643 10 years ago

It really shows how hard it is to start a new pinball company when you look at SkitB, JPop, and Capt. Nemo all having sliding dates with no games produced, and JJP having had several sliding dates before the start of deliveries, and now the slower than expected manufacturing rate.

I personally could never pre-pay any game ever again unless it is imminent delivery like how Stern does it. The waiting is much too painful and distracting when you are waiting so long for something you have already paid off long ago.

#644 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I will bet you 1 billion dollars that it isn't here first half of next year!
Take that bet?
If that's too rich for you, how about if you win, you get my TRON LE. If I win, I get your WOZ ECLE (assuming you have it by then).
Deal?

Rob I thought you were going to be buried in your Tron LE

#645 10 years ago

Rob I thought you were going to be buried in your TRON LE

Oh, I am!!!

This bet will not endanger that.

#646 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It happened to me until I increased the slope of the game to where it should be. I noticed that when it does hang in the snake's mouth the ball search doesn't bother moving the mouth, probably something they should add.

And they probably will. A little nudge breaks it free, and it rarely happens, only once SDTM. I'm glad to say besides that and a lousy install job on the T-moulding, this pin is flawless (so far). I love everthing about this game, and way stoked to have one.

#647 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If that's too rich for you, how about if you win, you get my TRON LE. If I win, I get your WOZ ECLE (assuming you have it by then).

Deal?

I would take you up on that bet but I don't like Tron!

#648 10 years ago

My first impression of the LE - Loved the art, but struggled with the game play. Some due to software, some due to what I thought was layout related.

Making sure the PF is absolutely level is a must for the game to work right. Initially, I had the game fairly level, and would bounce to left outlane out of the fuel target 90% of the time. After perfect leveling, that problem went away.

The problem that remains for me is the snake shot bricks out probably 75% of the time (when the mouth is open of course). It seems to brick more on fast shots than slow rollers. I'm wondering if it is a spring tension issue like the drop targets had. I'll have to check it out.

I haven't had any other issues described in the previous posts in the thread. My manufacture date was June 21.

After probably 50+ plays, I'm enjoying it more and more. Assuming that I get the snake rejects under control, this will definitely be one of my favorites with some Lyman rules, modes, and updates.

#649 10 years ago

Got mine down in the basement, and set up on Saturday. Loving everything about it. I don't know...maybe the first NIB experience has me seeing through rose colored glasses. Haven't had an issue with anything during game play; love the shots, art, songs, etc. Still have to get it perfectly leveled, but having too much fun playing! Long time Metallica fan, first seeing them live in '84. Stern knocked it out of the park on this one for me.

#650 10 years ago

The snake is rejecting a lot less for me now, at around 150 plays, so it might just take some time to break in. However, it does still reject a lot, definitely more than I'd like.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 768 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-le-impressions-comments-problems-mods/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.