Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinchamp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Perhaps I am playing MOPLE way too much? I hit the snake and the ball goes in but the pin does not know the ball is there. Seems the switch is not working. I played around with it and it started working very once and awhile and now back to not working at all. Any trick or just have to replace the switch? Switch can go like that already? Damn.

#2 10 years ago

I had the same problem, its the wire on the switch. Had to pull the pop bumper bracket and remove the switch and wire to adjust it. Basically you have to bend the wire so it registers when ball is in snakes mouth. Took me about twenty minutes. Make sure to remove the balls before lifting the playfield

#3 10 years ago

Go into switch test. My switch was not registering when the mouth was open.

#4 10 years ago

I did the switch test by just sticking my finger in the snakes mouth. Could not get the switch to register. I could here the switch clicking but not registering on the game. I love to play but figuring this stuff out is not my specialty. I guess take the switch off and mess round with it to see if I can get it to register in test mode?

#5 10 years ago

It sounds like a wire problem ,I don't have this game but the advice up top sounds like the place to start

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I did the switch test by just sticking my finger in the snakes mouth. Could not get the switch to register. I could here the switch clicking but not registering on the game. I love to play but figuring this stuff out is not my specialty. I guess take the switch off and mess round with it to see if I can get it to register in test mode?

If you are in the diagnostic menu with the switches up on the screen, pressing any switch should register it. The snake switch could have a wire that came off the lugs of the switch especially if you hear the switch click and get no response on the screen. Also, wires could be crossed somewhere causing the switch to always register on. I'd check both cases

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I had the same problem, its the wire on the switch. Had to pull the pop bumper bracket and remove the switch and wire to adjust it. Basically you have to bend the wire so it registers when ball is in snakes mouth. Took me about twenty minutes. Make sure to remove the balls before lifting the playfield

Thanks for the help. I took the switch OSS and sure enough the wire was not connected. Must have came off when I slammed over 800 Million on it! I soldered back on and good to go... Gonna try for a billion now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-le-ball-goes-in-snake-but-not-registering-as-there and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.