(Topic ID: 149634)

Metallica - Is your shaker motor strong during game play?

By Barakawins1

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Installed a new shaker motor in my metallica. Trying to figure out if it is working right or not. Doesn't seem as strong as my other
machines. When you hit Sparky, no shaker activates. When Sparky is fried, the shaker goes on, but it is subtle. Not hard as expected.
The shaker triggers hitting the coffin and then during different modes. Setting for shaker is set to maximum. Any way to make the shaker
pulse stronger?

#2 8 years ago

The shaker effects should be as strong as other stern games. This isn't going to be annoying like road show but it should match other stern games like Tron, ironman, etc. Maximal use doesn't have much to do with shaker strength rather it's for when to use the shaker and when not.

#3 8 years ago

There should be a setting for shaker intensity. If your setting for maximum is "maximum use" it will just go off more during gameplay. Also, check to make sure all your connectors are seated correctly. I just put a shaker in my Metallica the other day.

#4 8 years ago

Strange it works but the rumble is
No way near what iron man does during game play. Seems a bit soft. Anyone else?

#5 8 years ago

Try adjusting the weights positions on the motor, that will increase the rumble effect you are looking for.

#6 8 years ago

I have both machines side by side (IM and MET)...shaker experience is the same...are your shakers all the same model?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Try adjusting the weights positions on the motor, that will increase the rumble effect you are looking for.

I believe there are only three offset positions for weight adjustment ..... 0 degrees, 90 degrees and 180 degrees. It should come set at 0 degrees from the factory, which would yield the maximum amount of shake. Any other adjustment should, in theory, reduce the amount of shake.

#8 8 years ago

my cointaker shaker on met pro shakes the crap out of the machine! I had to put electrical tape around the glass to keep it from shaking.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

There should be a setting for shaker intensity. If your setting for maximum is "maximum use" it will just go off more during gameplay. Also, check to make sure all your connectors are seated correctly. I just put a shaker in my Metallica the other day.

Pretty sure there is no setting for intensity on Metallica. If there is, I would love to know so I could turn mine down

#10 8 years ago

My Met is not near as intense as my AC/DC. Both have standard Stern shakers.

#11 8 years ago

edit: I cant read

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

there are settings...

Intensity settings for vibration or Frequency settings for occurrence i.e. minimal, normal or maximum?

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Intensity settings for vibration or Frequency settings for occurrence i.e. minimal, normal or maximum?

frequency...not strength
tried to edit post in time, I read it wrong...

#14 8 years ago

you had me thinking maybe he meant on the shaker itself, so here I am opening up one of my shaker motors lol.........

well we know there is no adjustment there now too.........

#15 8 years ago

Got it. Changed position of the
Weights back to original factory position and all is well

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Got it. Changed position of the weights back to original factory position and all is well

Glad you figured it out. Out of curiosity, how were they set?

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

There should be a setting for shaker intensity.

There is no such adjustment in Metallica and I'm pretty sure it also does not exist in any stern game.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

There is no such adjustment in Metallica and I'm pretty sure it also does not exist in any stern game.

Correct. I don't recall ever seeing an adjustment in a Stern for shaker intensity.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Got it. Changed position of the
Weights back to original factory position and all is well

Cool, had a feeling that was your issue. Enjoy!!

#20 8 years ago

The weights were not set evenly. They were 180 degrees from each other. Now they are same position on each end.

#21 8 years ago

180' they counter balance each other, so shaft spins smoothly with no vibration. I have seen them come with them at 180 before whether they moved in shipping because the grub nut wasn't tight or whatever. Cool glad you got it going.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-is-your-shaker-motor-strong-during-game-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.