Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Sparky
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I like to understand Metallica for example it's layout is similar to what pin and it's rules are similar to what pin?

I was thinking 2 flippers 2 ramps with center toy that reminded of IM?

#2 9 years ago

ever play a classic bally with drop targets setup in a line?

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

ever play a classic bally with drop targets setup in a line?

Not that I can recall, so it's like any game that has inline drop targets?

#4 9 years ago

Frontier meets Scared Stiff meets some sweet ass Lyman rules and then some?

#5 9 years ago

Playing Metallica is similar to having fond childhood memories, while eating really good food at a small Mexican restaurant, and rocking out to a band you didn't think you liked. Does that make any sense?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was thinking 2 flippers 2 ramps with center toy...

AFM in both layout and rules.

Rules-wise, MET is like AFM on steroids. Imagine if Lyman went back and tacked some MET-like rules on top of current AFM rules. How cool would that be?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Rules-wise, MET is like AFM on steroids.

That sounds great!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Rules-wise, MET is like AFM on steroids. Imagine if Lyman went back and tacked some MET-like rules on top of current AFM rules. How cool would that be?

I have to agree. It reminds me a lot of AFM as well.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Exacly !

#10 9 years ago

What is perfection?

#12 9 years ago

BoObies The Game is So addictive,my brother got an LE and i am thinking of getting one even
tough he lives 3 blocks away,i want my own !

AFM would be a good Compare but the way Lyman is going with codes is Awesome !

#13 9 years ago

I have both met and IM. The layouts are pretty much the same but they don't play or feel the same at all. Ramps same. Graveyard drops are same spot as war machine. Snake/captive ball is whiplash. Center bash toy and 2 orbits. Pop bumpers same area. I also have a spider man that I seem too be playing a lot more than Metallica. Seems to be along the same lines of decent length games and good but not super deep rules.

#14 9 years ago

Avatar and IM. In a row they are remarkably similar. They don't really play the same, though.

#15 9 years ago

Upgraded version of TFTC by Borg!

#16 9 years ago

Yes Metallica is very similar to IM in layout with ramps. I actually am liking and playing Metallica Pro more than IM lately. I love IM but it does get repetitive with Monger popping up and brutal outlanes. Metallica has Sparky on top of playfield allowing for more objectives and less drains than with Monger up front. I am not trying to get into a Metallica v.s. IM discussion-just my opinion. I go through cycles with what games I play the most and right now, it happens to be Barb Wire

#17 9 years ago

Okay, if you really need like eight threads about metallica to make up your mind, can I go out on a limb and say that I don't think that you REALLY want to buy it.

You've been given way more than enough information to make a decision. Either find some way to go play one, or SH-- OR GET OFF THE POT ALREADY! =P

#18 9 years ago

All I can say, Is my Met Pro is still my go to pin, again. Still after adding multiple new pins. Even with the original code.

#19 9 years ago

Funny reading these because once I had MET I lost interest in IM and AFM.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Funny reading these because once I had MET I lost interest in IM and AFM.

I own all three. I love MET, but in no remote way has it made me lose interest in either IM or AFM!

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I own all three. I love MET, but in no remote way has it made me lose interest in either IM or AFM!

I have an attention span deficit issue : )

#23 9 years ago

Every other Stern...

#24 9 years ago

A splash of TZ, coupled with a sprinkling of AFM, crossed with IM, topped off with TAF...best game ever!

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I have an attention span deficit issue : )

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Upgraded version of TFTC by Borg!

I prefer TFTC !

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from hammer31:

Even with the original code.

I don't know why you wouldn't upgrade to 1.51?

#28 9 years ago

Similar layout to T2, plus some toys.

#29 9 years ago

i just played the 3 games on my wish list at Pinball HOF. I played Met Prem, ST Prem and MM. I would have to say I liked the Met Prem the best of the 3. Also I was not bothered by the hammer at all. I thought it was a cool toy. I might cancel my MMr order and get the Met Le..... decisions....

#30 9 years ago

Metallica is like no other game.

BTW, how is it like AFM? It has a left and right orbit? Metallica's inline targets are in place of AFM left ramp. Metallica's left ramp is where the lock scoop is on AFM. Sparky feels completely different than the saucer. The hammer and snake = the scoop? The right ramp on AFM feels nothing like the right ramp on Metallica. There's no scoop short right side of AFM. Sorry, I'm not feeling it.

#31 9 years ago

Well, they're both fan layouts with a main central bash toy and they're both great games. That's a start at least.

#32 9 years ago

How about the rules?

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How about the rules?

Do Yourself a favor....Go buy it Now !

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How about the rules?

Looking at your collection, I would also suggest that you'll really enjoy Metallica.
I'm not a big fan of the music (half the songs are ok, the others I tolerate), but my wife and I are loving the pin.
Rules are great. Lots to shoot for all the time so you aim for your fav shots or build to multiballs.
Mini-wizard modes (Crank It Up) are fun. 4 different ones to pick, all with different rules.
Love it!

#35 9 years ago

met > sliced bread

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Rules are great. Lots to shoot for all the time so you aim for your fav shots or build to multiballs.
Mini-wizard modes (Crank It Up) are fun. 4 different ones to pick, all with different rules.
Love it!

Yeah plus all the little less noticable stuff like the combo jackpots that you can collect , adding balls during multiball , stuff like that make it much cooler as well, rules are great .

#37 9 years ago

Rules:already Awesome But Lyman is still working on it !

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Looking at your collection, I would also suggest that you'll really enjoy Metallica.
I'm not a big fan of the music (half the songs are ok, the others I tolerate), but my wife and I are loving the pin.
Love it!

Change the songs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-is-comparable-to-_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.