Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Duff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maplesyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Picked up a Metallica Premium Dirty Donny Monsters Edition on Tuesday. WOW!!! I'm LOVING this game.

Are all of my all caps emphasizing my enthusiasm enough??!! Haha.

Would anybody care to share some more advanced game play strategy, or perhaps point me to somewhere where this has been covered? I've been looking around with no luck.

I've only had the game for 2 days, so I'm learning a lot quickly, but I'd be interested to hear how some approach the game.

BTW. I know the Hammer Magnet has been a huge issue (had to replace my board, and then trouble shoot for 3 hours to get it working properly)... BUT, that has to be one of the most satisfying mechanics in modern pinball!! So fun.

Any tips (especially in depth approaches!) would be welcome! I put up a 246 Million game last night that felt awesome, but if I may quote Rumsfeld here, "There are known unknowns"... etc.

Cheers

#10 10 years ago

Thanks everybody. I knew about the super skill shot, though soft plunge hadn't occurred to me?!

Beyond simply pursuing the various Multiballs, I haven't really scratched the surface yet. I'll dive I to the link above.

Any other suggestions??

#11 10 years ago

The above link looks very informative. Copied in from Movingpictures thread...

Metallica PRO RULE SHEET (v1.50)
latest revision: 11/03/14
v1.50 changes / additions

CRANK IT UP

4 new crank it up modes added with major scoring opportunities and new animations:

For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fade to Black
Battery
Enter Sandman

To activate one of the new modes, 15 hits are required for each of the following:
Grave marker, sparky, snake, and coffin.
Coffin requires 15 captive ball hits, while all others can be scored by the associated shot or a lit corresponding insert on a ramp, loop, or grave marker.

Once all are completed, CIU will light at the scoop.
CIU can only be activated in single ball play.
Note: If Seek & Destroy is running, CIU will end the mode. If you want to continue S&D, choose the option for 5,000,000 points at the top of the CIU menu.

CIU can be used to achieve monster scores or progress to END OF THE LINE.
To complete a CIU mode, you must hit each of the 4 major shots and finish at the scoop.
Any ramp or loop will award a jackpot.
Completing enough ramps or loops (or sparky hits in battery) will award a finishing bonus of 15mil+.
After hitting the 4 major shots, followed by the scoop, you have the option to end of the mode and cash out or continue. Choosing to end the mode will give you the opportunity to relight CIU quickly by hitting all arrow shots, which also score jackpots.
If you are playing for EOTL, finishing CIU quickly and relighting it is the way to go.

Other Changes:
Grave Marker Multiball – Ball saver extended.
After completing 5 jackpots, the cross will light for a double jackpot.
If you hit it, the magnet will hold the ball. You have a limited amount of time to knock the ball off the magnet for a SUPER JACK FUCKING POT.

Coffin Multiball – Locks can no longer be collected while in multiball on default settings. However, captive ball hits do count towards next lock if the lock is not lit.

Fuel – Ending a combo in the fuel lane will award a blown piston. 10 blown pistons lights extra ball.
Combos – Extra ball requirement lowered to 20 instead of 25.
Mystery – Many new awards and a tiered system. Complete the rollovers multiple times for better awards.

Super Skill Shot - Holding the left flipper activates the super skill shot to any major shot. One lane will have all inserts flashing, hit it to start the hurry up and have a chance to complete the lane.

END OF THE LINE – Notes coming soon.

More to be added as discovered!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Seek and Destroy progression is my favorite part of the game.

I think your favourite part should be your home made custom Sparky. It's pretty badass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maplesyrup.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-is-blowing-my-mind?tu=maplesyrup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.