708149572d88dc912ab5a02f161d976215734de6_(resized).jpg
Thumbs_Abuse_(resized).PNG
pasted_image_(resized).png
bdc0fbf5d3bf29cf994e422166ad9a7200c9f337_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newpinbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#165 8 years ago

I have been waiting months (back order)on a Metallica Pre. from Stern. I hope all these issues are corrected by the time I finally receive shipment.

#171 8 years ago

I am curious to know why you say to get rid of the Stern pinballs. This is my first machine and I plan on keeping it for a long time. Also do you know when they will start shipping these machines out? Like I said I have been waiting shipment for a long time now and am getting very impatient.

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

You will be fine, there was a batch of bad playfields in 2014 and early 2015 including the "planking" in the first few photos.
Get rid of the Stern garbage pinballs when you receive your NIB game, and put some new "shiny" balls in from Pinball Life.
After you get over the rush of owning the game and the first 500 or so games, clean the game, wax the playfield and be happy.
You are not going to have insert issues for a long time.
As Vid1900 mentioned, ALL games eventually have insert issues in terms of either lifting or black line edging.
It does not matter if the game was factory clearcoated, tuff coated, lacquered or not.
The chance is nearly eliminated if a playfield is properly AFTERMARKET clearcoated, because the protected playfield is going to outlive the owner.
You just have to pay attention BEFORE damage occurs.
That is part of pinball maintenance wisdom.

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

They are crap.
Get these:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1325
And wax your game as soon as you unbox it.

Thanks, will have to buy some then. The machine holds 4 balls? As for waxing, what is the suggested intervals?

#176 8 years ago

Great link. Thanks.

#180 8 years ago

Does anyone know when the new Metallica machines are set to leave the Stern factory? I have been waiting awhile...original was promised the first week of march.

1 week later
#233 8 years ago

I noticed the magnet in front of Sparky has started to chip (very small, has not effected gameplay so far). The is also some very small dents in the wood located in the same are. Has anyone else noticed this in there playfield?

#234 8 years ago

I have also noticed that after playing the game for a while, it will occasionally make a loud chirping sound. The sound goes away immediately but does not seem to be part of the game play. Does anyone know what the sound is?

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Get a cliffy on that asap

Quoted from Jaybird815:

Get a cliffy on that asap

What?

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its the electronic knocker for getting a replay.

Weird sound. Makes me jump everytime as it is louder then any sound during game play.

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You can disable it in the menu.

Have to find that option, didnt see it.

#243 8 years ago

Ok...Where can I get a cliffy for the magnet by sparky? My new playfield is becoming damaged!

#246 8 years ago

Why is Stern not providing these for us since the machine is brand new and still under warranty?????????

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Lets see some pics of the damage, oh and welcome to Pinside as it looks like you just joined.

Thanks! Will do. This is my first pin and it was just manufactured. Nothing but problems so far. Just had to replace the CPU board as is was damaged from the factory. Now this.

#250 8 years ago

The game and LED light show are amazing! But the magnet has already started to chip and there are little reverse bubbles/dents by it. Just a little upsetting that its NIB with problems.

#252 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yea they do, just bought a while for my NIB I'm waiting on
http://www.passionforpinball.com/Metallica.htm

Your right. Did not see that.

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yea they do, just bought a while for my NIB I'm waiting on
http://www.passionforpinball.com/Metallica.htm

Your right. Did not see that.

#255 8 years ago

I make my own Mylar protector to go around the sparky magnet you can also use the Cliffy carbon fiber protectors. Make sure the the magnet core is flush with the playfield.

Is there a way to lower the magnet?

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Is there a way to lower the magnet?

You have a pic of the mylar protector?

#259 8 years ago

From what I see it looks flush like the other ones (which dont have any issues). Why are the getting nicked/chewed up???

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

What was the date of manufacture?

03-07-16

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You need the extended sparky plastic and mylar as it cuts down alot on air balls which cause the chipping around the magnet. I really dont like the cliffys around the magnets but everyone has their opinion

The game was just made so it has the extended plastic already. So the magnet chipping is normal and there is nothing wrong with my play field?

#268 8 years ago

No I am 99.9% sure your game doesn't have the extended air ball deflector plastic from the factory, that mod is custom made by pinsider Rickwh.

It has a clear one the extends over the feet of sparky.

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yes, normal for the magnet surface to look beat up on top, and normal to see tiny little dents all over the playfield. You notice it because it's new...old pins have so many that they look flat again enjoy!

Glad to hear, thought mine was having the same issues as the others on here. Will the magnet wear out then with all the dents/chips in it?

#271 8 years ago

What about the magnet chipping?

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

USA made ones..CCC

In the relatively short time of being on here, there is one reoccurring theme...don't go against anything Stern or you will get ridiculed. If the low quality playfield literally falls apart,NIB LED lights don't work,CPU boards are damaged from the factory or you want to know the dealers price for the machine,people in "this" forum will have an issue. Just except the garbage quality overpriced machine and be happy or as I have been told, don't play pinball. Oh yah, I almost forgot the other post which a member had a rightfully so issue over Sterns accountability (or lack of) reguarding the warranty...LOL yes member were very,very upset with him for that issue as well. The Star trek machine/playfield photo you posted must have been your fault not Sterns!

#286 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I'm not even sure what all of this means, but it is obvious that the overwhelming majority of people who have bought Sterns are happy with both quality and service.

Basically most people on here don't want to hear anything negative about Stern machines.

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

No most people on here have had great dealings with Stern.

Well there shouldn't be out of the box issues from a NIB game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 25.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newpinbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-inserts-lifting?tu=newpinbin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.