(Topic ID: 209289)

Metallica hammer magnet troubleshooting question (multimeter?)

By Fezmid

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by cooked71
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180210_184646 (resized).jpg
20180210_184613 (resized).jpg
DSC00319 (resized).JPG
DSC00317 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bigbossfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 5 years ago

Fezmid Did replacing the board fix your issue?? I've just conducted the same tests as you did, and same results, continuity in the wire is fine and the magnet reads at 4.5 ohms. Too give a little background, this happened to me before, I contacted Stern and they sent out a replacement board. Seemed to work maybe for a month, and now back to the same issue. Fuse blows once I turn on the pin.

Any other suggestions folks?

3 weeks later
#22 5 years ago

To follow on my issue, I've hunted high and low for a fix...couldn't find one so apologies in advance if I missed a fix.

Chas graciously shipped me another board which I've just installed, and the problem persists.

Problem: Dreaded F7 fuse blows once I turn on the pin.

Trouble-Shooting Completed: checked the ohms at the coffin magnet (reads 4.5) and checked the continuity in the wire going from the coffin magnet to the magnet PCB. Checks out fine.

Any ideas?

#23 5 years ago

Well...must be Gremlins. Just got home from work, decided to take a look at the fuses. Put in another new fuse, working like a charm. Only thing I can figure is the new fuse I put in yesterday may have been burnt already. Guess maybe a good idea to test them before putting in. Weird!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bigbossfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-hammer-magnet-troubleshooting-question-multimeter?tu=Bigbossfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.