Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Aurich
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Metallica has it all, greattttt game, great rule set, great flow, even scoring, jus all around a great game, I don't own one yet but hopefully soon. What are your thoughts about Metallica

#2 4 years ago

I've played it a few timed and believe it's a great game.
I liked it so much I almost gave up my very very nice Whitewater.
That deal didn't work out.
I still really want one .
Just rather trade a different pin of pay cash.

#3 4 years ago

Good game, lots to shoot for, lots of modes, good artwork, good lighting, good sounds, good dots. I wouldn't mind owning one if one popped up in my price range.

#4 4 years ago

Out of my collection that is the favorite; the one single machine from my collection that I would keep at home if I had space. Not super deep, but deep enough. And a lot of pure adrenaline fun.

#5 4 years ago

I love it, in my opinion, it's right behind ACDC and LOTR, but better than Trek, Tron, IM and SM. Stern has really done a great job of building a collection of greats!

#6 4 years ago

Stern hit a home run with Metallica... Killer game!!
image.jpg

#7 4 years ago

Had a Monster Pre and loved it, but gameplay started to feel like a chore after a while..

#8 4 years ago

Love love love my Refinery Pro. Gonna put my leg light-up on soon as my next mod.

#9 4 years ago

well, i was saying from long time this pin was one of the best on the market, and for sure it is, absolutly no doubt about that
but in the other way, sold it now from quite 2 monthes, and it doesnt miss me (as i was thinking it will) !?

#10 4 years ago

Yeah big fan of the game Borg is a great designer he doesn't miss a beat, really love x-men an avatar aswell...

#11 4 years ago

have to agree with this. It's a great playfield with long shots when you need them. Good music. Good artwork.

#12 4 years ago

Just one of the greats

#13 4 years ago

There is not another machine that has as much love for both premium and pro models. And that's because the overall game is so good you forget about which model you're playing. Truly a great.

#14 4 years ago

Not a fan of new Stern's at all and I have only played it in competition, and I sucked at it, but I would have to say I can tell a good game very quickly and this is a good game.

#15 4 years ago

This idea that you have to warm to a game is BS. Games that I didn't like from the start I still don't like and the games that I like, liked the first time I played them. This is the later.

#16 4 years ago

It is a great game from a rules and layout perspective but while I liked Metallica in their day; I find the music gets old quickly when playing - nothing to do with Stern just my musical tastes have changed in the last few decades. The only pin related (minor) complaint that I have is that some of the voice-calls seem grating (forced or something).

Great looking pin - damn I wish I liked the music more.

#17 4 years ago

Trading my pro in for a premium on Wednesday. Personally feel it's Stern's best game since SM.

I wasn't even that big a fan of the music/band before the pin, either.

A top 5 Stern for sure.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

This idea that you have to warm to a game is BS. Games that I didn't like from the start I still don't like and the games that I like, liked the first time I played them. This is the later.

I don't think so, it took me a while to warm up to mine. After a few weeks I thought about selling it but then the more I played the more I liked it. Everyone is different.

#19 4 years ago

What I love is this: Stern gives us so many games with so much variety and things to love. I've always felt the Sparky shot is one of the most satisfying in all of pinball. Not naming names, but some of the new pins on the horizon have no shot nearly as rewarding.

P.S. This should be tagged STERN: METALLICA. Not all Pinball

#20 4 years ago

Well it's fine, but *I* prefer IM. Not saying I'm right or wrong, but just for me IM is better.

Met has far better dots and the playfield artwork is awesome, and it's get more (better ?) rules. But I prefer the theme of IM far more (Tron and X-men as well). And for music pin, I'm still on AcDc pinball as the best.

#21 4 years ago

I'm trying to hold out for a MOP or SM Blk for my next purchase. LOTR is my favorite Stern game but MET and SM are a close 2nd.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Well it's fine, but *I* prefer IM. Not saying I'm right or wrong, but just for me IM is better.
Met has far better dots and the playfield artwork is awesome, and it's get more (better ?) rules. But I prefer the theme of IM far more (Tron and X-men as well). And for music pin, I'm still on AcDc pinball as the best.

IM might be my favourite pin of all-time. It has a great theme and it is constantly a rush. Jericho is phenomenol - I actually beat it twice in the same game yesterday - never ever did that before. It is a chore just to beat finish Jericho at all. What a rush. Ended up with 292M.

Oh well, going to play some Tallica pinball on the weekend at a friends.

#23 4 years ago

#1 for me. Had my Monsters Prem for nearly two years now. Just put a colour DMD in wow... highly recommend it. This game is a keeper. Love turning it up loud and just rocking to the music as I play. One day I hope to get to EOL lol

So many cool mods available: I've added - so far!
- creeping death side art, led lighting for side art (pinball refinery)
- interactive back glass lighting and interactive under cab lighting (pinball refinery)
- sparky helmet electrocution wire, illuminated (pinball Refinery)
- 3 x miniature guitars, 3 crosses above lanes feeding pops (pinball Life)
- snake fangs, tongue, coffin with skeleton, set interactive speakers (Mezel mods)
- fuel gel inserts-colour matched, flame gates for ramp switches (Mezel mods)
- Color DMD
- anti rattle tape .... A must if you like the volume up F'n high.
All the mods help fill the PF without creating any blind spots.

Btw My daughter is currently living in CA not far from Lars house. I've told her she can't come home until she gets him and the other band members to sign a DD back glass for me. I live in hope!!!

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

This idea that you have to warm to a game is BS. Games that I didn't like from the start I still don't like

I have to respectfully disagree with this statement. Some games do grow on me.
Junkyard
Congo
Dirty harry
Xfiles
I was not feeling any of these games when I first brought them home, now I absolutely love them. Shaq attac on the other hand I really enjoyed playing at first, even better than the bsd that sat next to it for sale. First impressions are just that, and may change. Getting to know a game increases it's appeal imho.
Met pro on the other hand loved it first time, and love it more now....it is a complete game in every way.

#25 4 years ago

Met is a top 10 pin All day! I'm trading my beloved Avatar LE plus $ for a new Premium as soon as they are released. Can't wait!

#26 4 years ago

It's a really good pin....one of Stern's better efforts. Personally I prefer IM and ST over MET but can certainly see the arguments for MET.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Had a Monster Pre and loved it, but gameplay started to feel like a chore after a while..

I'm curious what you find to be a chore, and what comparative games are never a chore to you?

I personally found LOTR to be a bit of a chore... the modes are plenty, the rules are deep, and while I've never bee that great at the game, it still feels like I'm venturing down down the same path, which doesn't make sense... or does it?

On the other hand Metallica has so many simultaneous goals it does not feel like a chore to me at all.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I'm curious what you find to be a chore, and what comparative games are never a chore to you?

I've come to the conclusion that this whole chore (chopping wood) effect is solely based upon each individual's feelings about that particular game.

There are (or where before the big update) a lot of people who feel like playing ST is like chopping wood with all of the repetitive modes. I have never felt that way when playing ST (nor have many others). I have felt that way playing MET (sometimes). To me it starts to feel like "bash this 100x and then bash that 100x.

So really it just boils down to how "you" feel about a particular game. If the rules jive with you and you just "get it" then you'll never have that chopping wood feeling. If the theme or especially the rules don't jive with you then it will start to feel like chopping wood.

#30 4 years ago

Yeah, I basically ignore anytime someone says "chopping wood", and substitute it with "I don't enjoy playing this game".

#31 4 years ago

"Gots to" ?

Metallica is the Stern to beat...by Stern ...nothing they've put out since measures up.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Metallica is the Stern to beat...by Stern ...nothing they've put out since measures up.

Agreed 100%. I thought they were on track with Star Trek, but it ultimately didn't pan out. And then the progress they made with ST, like full RGB LEDs, totally faded away with all the games afterwards. We got duds like WWE and Mustang instead.

And Kiss compared to Metallica from a feature standpoint is a joke.

#33 4 years ago

my favorite is, "you just keep shooting at the same things."

#34 4 years ago

Love my MoP. best wedding present ever.

#35 4 years ago

MET is the best Stern game since SM. SM is better to me, but MET comes close to equalling that greatness. No other modern Stern is close IMO other than LOTR and TSPP.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed 100%. I thought they were on track with Star Trek, but it ultimately didn't pan out. And then the progress they made with ST, like full RGB LEDs, totally faded away with all the games afterwards. We got duds like WWE and Mustang instead.

You need to give Star Trek another chance…. Really good game! I play mine as much or more than met.

#37 4 years ago

Yup! And AC/DC, Tron and Iron Man. All in my Top 5. It's been a great 5 years!

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

You need to give Star Trek another chance…. Really good game! I play mine as much or more than met.

We both owned our ST's for about a year. It had its chance. Gone and no regrets. Met stays permanently.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

I dunno what more I could do, I kept it until the latest code. Just didn't do it for me, I haven't missed it at all since I sold it. Just thinking about playing it now does nothing for me. When Kyle had my Tron I wanted it back. Not loaning out my Metallica LE.

#40 4 years ago

my #1 favorite game of all time

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I agree with ST being a dud. I agree MET rocks...I have a Pro and still think it's great (though I'd love to have the Premium/LE light show).

Why is the KISS feature set a joke when compared with MET? I don't see it...as you know, I own both.

Always curious what the tastemakers find interesting...

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Why is the KISS feature set a joke when compared with MET? I don't see it...as you know, I own both.

Well I haven't played it yet, and when I do it's gonna be yours probably so convince me otherwise, but what does it have? Just features wise.

There's the magnet trick, haven't seen it yet, but let's just say it's equal to Metallica's magnet trick with the hammer.

There's the head with the disc, that's much like Sparky as far as a toy you hit with a random fling back.

But then I run out of things to give Kiss. Just in terms of cool stuff. Metallica still has the inline drops (we can ignore the moving cross, kinda cool, but not interactive with the ball), and the two state snake mouth. And the super satisfying metal ramps.

Kiss just doesn't have as much cool stuff, feels stripped down.

#43 4 years ago

I agree...I have an LE, its awesome! I also have TWDLE, with the last code update...man, its a tough choice right now.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It shoots really, really well. Like, very well.

Even with the code where it is, it gets the heart pumping. Doing exceptional on route, so players must think it has that 'almost there' one more game vibe.

All in my opinion of course

#45 4 years ago

I need to find access to Metallica and play it some more. Have only had a couple of encounters and it didn't pull me in like Star Trek or LOTR when I first encountered those. In general, the rock band themes haven't grabbed my attention. AC/DC grew on me after playing it a bunch. It looks like there's a couple Metallica around town at locations I haven't frequented, but based on all the props, maybe I'll give it a second look and check those out.

#46 4 years ago

Best game i ever played !

Everything is perfect , my dream pinball

Special Thanks to mr lyman

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well I haven't played it yet, and when I do it's gonna be yours probably so convince me otherwise, but what does it have? Just features wise.
There's the magnet trick, haven't seen it yet, but let's just say it's equal to Metallica's magnet trick with the hammer.
There's the head with the disc, that's much like Sparky as far as a toy you hit with a random fling back.
But then I run out of things to give Kiss. Just in terms of cool stuff. Metallica still has the inline drops (we can ignore the moving cross, kinda cool, but not interactive with the ball), and the two state snake mouth. And the super satisfying metal ramps.

I would agree that KISS is a little feature "light", but you said it was a joke compared to MET (...which doesn't seem right to me).

The magnet trick would be 100% better if the display was higher-res. The ball is low on the back board which also adds to the "meh" factor. They also cheaped out on the backboard art. Maybe you can "fix" this I know, you're busy...

A minor pet peeve is this is the first Stern I've owned with 0 overhead spots for GI. I like playing in the dark and the center of the PF is woefully dark.

All complaints aside, I think the team delivered a winner. When the software is complete, we can decide. Feel free to drop by and take it for a spin whenever you'd like!

#48 4 years ago

Awesome pin !! \m/

#49 4 years ago

MET premium is truly an awesome pin with so much variety; and has that fun factor which keeps you coming back over and over. ACDC premium is a very close second. Stern hit it out of the ball park with those two games.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I would agree that KISS is a little feature "light", but you said it was a joke compared to MET (...which doesn't seem right to me).

I might have added a little hyperbole. But really, the Kiss toys haven't impressed me. The dancing Star Child especially seems kinda sad. But I haven't played it yet, and that's what counts, so you know I'll be over there to check it out when I get some free time!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside