4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dnapac
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7A20AAB3-FEBE-4739-BE1E-344CD4DAE2FB (resized).jpeg
    701D6813-BCDF-4218-A382-5AAFCC34CBE2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have about 5000 plays on my HUO Met pro. Within the last couple days, my right flipper will occasionally stick up, until another coil is activated (usually the left flipper). The flipper itself is spaced fine and the rod moves through the coil smoothly. I removed the coil stop and the stop is kinda loose...and I found a piece of thin broken metal when I removed it. I can replace this, but I’m wondering if it’s more of a coil problem as it’s stuck up until another coil activates. Just looking for advice before I order some parts. These are cheap parts, but want to make sure you guys don’t think it’s something more...like a transistor (I’m not good at board work and this would be more money). Thanks!

#3 4 years ago

Here’s the broken piece I found. Not sure what it is. The other thin washer around the stop was loose as well. I’ll pull it apart tomorrow and clean everything. When you say I would feel it if the coil is sticky...I always have the machine off when working on it, should I have it on?

701D6813-BCDF-4218-A382-5AAFCC34CBE2 (resized).jpeg701D6813-BCDF-4218-A382-5AAFCC34CBE2 (resized).jpeg
    #4 4 years ago

That piece came out when I removed the coil stop.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Your coil stops need to be replaced. Common issue with Stern stops disintegrating. Replace the stops and your sticking flippers will go away.

That’s what I was hoping for...cheap and effective. Thanks!

#8 4 years ago

Thanks for the ideas. I’m gonna swap the two coil stops tonight and see if that’s the real problem. I can take a look at the plunger at the same time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-flipper-sticks?tu=dnapac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.