DSCF7808.JPG
DSCF7807.JPG
DSCF7810.JPG
017.JPG
015.JPG
010.JPG
009.JPG
007.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

Clever Joe! How thick is the acrylic?

#19 10 years ago

Those first flames are hot, no pun intended.

1 week later
#49 10 years ago

You should put the Shadow ones into the Shadow Club thread for some more exposure.

#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Here are flames done in red mirrored acrylic, I have another style of flames coming. Mirrored colors available are Red, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Slate grey and Purple.
These are $7.50ea. + shipping.

Hmm, the pic for the first flames options seems to have vanished?

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Baha. I didn't look that close, I thought they were eyes.

Should be Boogie Men!

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

I can do boogie men as well but I thought Boobs were appropriate for this crowd.

You're not wrong.

I asked a Luci owner why he wanted to swap his translite for Helen and he said it was because I put in nipples and Stern didn't.

My EATPM has the OG segmented bats, so don't listen to me, I'm not a good candidate for that one.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Aurich did you get the Shadows yet?

No not yet, today's mail hasn't come though, so maybe today?

Edit: Nope, sorry, not in today's mail either. Did get some lovely AC/DC test prints though.

#101 10 years ago

Man, you're pumping these out, it's great to see how many different ways you can use the negative and positive space inside a flipper bat.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Curious about the durability. Anyone have these yet?
Chris

Joe sent me a pair but I don't have them yet. Maybe today's mail.

#108 10 years ago

Got a package from Joe.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#109 10 years ago

Okay so some first impressions:

The adhesive back peels off in one piece super easy. Because they match the flipper shape it's a cinch to line them up and press down. Seem to stick very firmly. Sure I could peel them up without much trouble, but I doubt they're going anywhere. Played a couple quick games, obviously not extensive torture testing.

One thing to keep in mind is that your lighting is gonna be a factor. I don't play in the dark, but I don't play in a well lit room either. The photos aren't really exact captures of what it really looks like, just snapped some iPhone shots, but it does help to see them in a real environment I think.

Also, green is a natural for The Shadow, but it's not what I'd use on my personal game with my purple Saturn bands. I was actually curious to see what they'd look like in white, on top of the white flipper bats, with just the depth providing the shading.

Some pics:

image.jpgimage.jpg

image-491.jpgimage-491.jpg

image-50.jpgimage-50.jpg

#110 10 years ago

And my Shadow is due for a shop, so ignore the dirt.

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I just am not seeing what those new Shadow ones are exactly? Hopefully I am not the only dumb one but it won't be the first time.

I need to tweak a few things on them to make them stronger, I'll post a clearer pic of the design from above, will probably make more sense.

#127 10 years ago

Here are the revised designs I sent Joe. Unless he has a problem with something not cutting out right or being too fragile or something then I think they're good. Should be easier to see the idea now.

flipper-dragons.jpgflipper-dragons.jpg

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Something like this would look good with the new AC/DC Helen translite, or Luci AC/DC game.

Tough to fit in the flipper shape.

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Well You would have to make her sitting down kind of like the mud flap girl.. mabye?

Honestly I think it's too much detail and too much of a shape for the space. You cut off the tail or the horns or (oh no) the breasts and you lose a lot, and shrunk down the laser cut plastic just isn't a great medium. I dunno, that's just my instinct looking at it. Nice idea otherwise! Would work for say, a sticker.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

How well are these staying on during play?

I don't have nearly enough games to have done any testing with mine that means anything, but they're pretty firmly in place so far.

#156 10 years ago

Would you put stock flippers on instead of bonies? I know I wouldn't!

#162 10 years ago

Oh snap!

I've ... I've never felt the urge to put yellow bats on my Shadow before ...

#165 10 years ago

Actually maybe black bats, black Superbands, and yellow dragons.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'm thinking black bats, gold dragons, with blue rubber.

That could work nice too. Joe's giving us a new thing to play with color palettes on!

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

The TF symbols do not work well at all, sort like the Dragon by Aurich cool design just a tad too much.

Yeah, I haven't had time to try and figure out if the dragon is salvageable. I don't have Joe's laser cutting experience, so even though I tried to make it conservative it was too much.

Joe, I wonder if this new two-color technique you have now would let us cheat some of the trickier parts?

I just got the Shadow and AC/DC prints in, so not coming up for air for a little bit, but we could talk about it later maybe.

In the meantime love what you're doing!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-flipper-mod-by-laseriffic?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.