Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ahdelarge
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

After replacing the drop targets with the stern sent kit I still had the same issue as before. The first drop target would not stay up during reset around half the times.

I finally took the assembly out again and did something different this time as I noticed that the design decision has the coil mounted on the back side near the 3rd drop target. Being on one side and not in the middle, the arm pulled by the solenoid would basically never be straight when pushing the targets up. This would in turn allow the drop targets to move not completely in parallel but have them reach the top with the target closest to the coil first.

So I needed to give the 1st drop target a bit more push upwards for it to stay up.

I looked at the coil assembly and noticed that the curved disc spring washer was placed in a way that would distance the coil far enough to reduce the arm movement. I repositioned the washer on the back side and tested the drop targets again.

I had not one fail in around 20 plays.

So it seemed to have been fixed for the time being.

I wonder if this washer was supposed to be there in the first place or I just found a hack good enough to fix a bad design decision?

#2 5 years ago

Thanks for posting.

1 week later
#3 5 years ago

My second drop target keeps falling down after reset. I have to get time to fix this. Hopefully your fix helps. Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 93.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!