(Topic ID: 119376)

Metallica sinks to 14th... Where do you rate it?

By pinchamp

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 258 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Where does MET rate for your top list”

• Top 1 12 votes
    4%
  • Top 5 63 votes
    24%
  • Top 10 51 votes
    19%
  • Top 20 57 votes
    21%
  • Top 50 84 votes
    31%

(267 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0185.JPG
beerrr.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

I haven't played mine in over a month. I'm taking a long break from it, and coming back to it in maybe another month so see if I have a change of heart. If I don't, it'll be gone by summer.

It's a huge bash-festival. It's got the orbits, that all too rarely don't orbit and either hit the diverter pin and get rejected back or end up in the pop bumpers. On the rare occasion it's lit to orbit, it's fun to shoot. It's got two really nice metal ramps that are nice to shoot - and the rest of the lanes are dead-end bash targets:

Piston.
Fuel.
Grave Marker.
Sparky.
Captive Ball.
Snake.

It's a whole lot of the ball not really going anywhere.

The art is great. Best Stern has ever come up with. The game isn't in my top 20 as of now, for sure.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You can disable the orbit post if it bothers you that much.

I bought the metal replacement that's supposed to deaden the kickbacks. I'll put that in before playing it again.

It's only one of the things about the game that bothers me. I had it disabled for a little while, but I think you need the pop hits in order to qualify the piston target, right?

#74 9 years ago

I don't mind bash toys at all, but most of my favorite games with bash toys have situational bash toys. No Good Gophers and Cirqus Voltaire would be examples of this. Shot variety is important, and both games have lots of shot variety.

Getting back to Metallica....

I agree with the "grind" nature of Metallica too. That may be another thing I don't care about it. The feeling of a long haul.

Not a fan of the band or the music either. That can't help.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Ultimately I agree everyone is going to have a different opinion depending on what they want out of a game. I like strategy with many different goals and a difficult final goal to accomplish... I think if someone has at least had some time to spend playing a game they can make that decision for themselves and voice their fair opinion.
I own TOTAN and I am not a big fan of it because the rules are far to shallow for me. I sold / traded my CV away for the same reason. SM would rate higher then both of those games in my collection. So would LOTR.
However the opinion that MET is boring because it is just bash bash Multiball bash bash mutiball on the surface seems uninformed and that the rules are not being understood. But some who play just want to plunge and bang the ball around to have fun... So to them MET could be unsatisfying... I can see that. Those same people enjoying TOTAN or CV makes sense. Plunge and go... Don't worry about the rules because they really don't mean much anyways. I don't see anything wrong with that.
75% of respondent so far have MET in their top 20. I would guess most of not all of them have some understanding of the rules and enjoy the strategy of the game.

Please don't think I don't understand the rules. I do. I just don't find the grind at all satisfying.

That said, the guy who has the top score on the machine put it there within two weeks of me owning it, and did it by pretty much just bashing the center targets, and not really caring at all about the rules. Just keeping the ball in play.

#94 9 years ago

The week before the 350m point game, didn't you have a 250m point game when neither of us knew anything about it, Adam?

#120 9 years ago

I would like to be able to cancel the sparky sequence and animation. It's cool the first time, but after that, please kill it? k?

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

Unless you have played the all the different Crank It Up Modes, you haven't played Metallica or given it a fair chance. I don't just go up the middle to smash Sparky, I work to qualify for the next Crank It Up.

I've played all the CIU modes, 3 in one game... They're great modes...

But it's a lot of bash-bash-bash wood- shedding to get there...

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

Explain to me how this game is a grind? ALL the modes are wide open for you to pursue. You can go any direction with this game at any given time.

I think working toward CIU is a grind. Blackened is a grind (have to complete the pics about a bazillion times?). Almost every "hit this feature x many times" game I find grindy.

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Can I just ask seriously why anyone cares where a game stands on a ranking chart. Does it make it more or less fun on its current rank? I never got this on ipdb and surely never on pinside.

Some of my favorite games are SEGA's. I don't think there is a single one in the top 100... ...

Like I care. I like what I like, you can like what you like. Where it sits on the list means nothing to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tamoore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-finally-in-the-top-10-where-do-you-rate-it?tu=tamoore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.