(Topic ID: 119376)

Metallica sinks to 14th... Where do you rate it?

By pinchamp

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 258 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Where does MET rate for your top list”

• Top 1 12 votes
    4%
  • Top 5 63 votes
    24%
  • Top 10 51 votes
    19%
  • Top 20 57 votes
    21%
  • Top 50 84 votes
    31%

(267 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0185.JPG
beerrr.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Where does MET sit with regards to your own top list?

Seems to be 10 on my list.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

I think I'm just tired of the "center bash" design.

I hear that...but to be fair there isn't really a ton of center bashing going on.

Quoted from Astropin:

It's a good game....but not top 10. Would probably make my top 20 though.

I might be right there with you

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, lot more to it than "hit Sparky over and over", though I guess that's probably the valid tournament strategy if you're looking to maximize points over risk.

There really is no incentive to continually bash sparky...it's kind of what "not" to do actually.

I'll never understand why people claim to have such a limited mindset on games they like, even though it's usually not even true. But diff'rent strokes as they say.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Stern is so stupid to release their game all gimped like they do.

Not when they're counting the monies all day

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from akm:

It's a great game but I don't find myself wanting to play it repeatedly back to back. The game is kind of grindy--hit Sparky 10 times, hit the grave marker area 5 times (risky), bash the coffin a billion times, hit the snake 25 times (because 20 of those will brick and fall back out), etc.

You should be hitting these things once, and then shooting orbits & ramps. Other than the grave markers IF you are going for that MB.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's funny that you complain about bash toys, and then proceed to list three games that feature ... bash toys.

It happens like 90% of the time for multiple discussions on diff'rent games.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Like TOTAN is a beautiful game, and fun to shoot, but the rules are ultimately pretty shallow.

I always have a hard time talking aboot "Original games." TOTAN isn't super original re-using the center spin disk whcih has been around for along long time.

I'm also learning in this thread drop targets are now "bash targets."

EDIT: Always to each their own...people like what they like and it I never lose sleep trying to convince someone.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Please don't think I don't understand the rules. I do. I just don't find the grind at all satisfying.
That said, the guy who has the top score on the machine put it there within two weeks of me owning it, and did it by pretty much just bashing the center targets, and not really caring at all about the rules. Just keeping the ball in play.

I feel you there...it can be grindy for sure.

I can tell you that if the high score on your game is from just bashing the center, you've got to practice a bit more. All the points are in CIU and doubling it, center bashing Sparky, even 4x the jackpots wont get you close.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well it wasn't just "bashing the center".....well yeah I guess it kinda was. But, I was able to get a couple multiballs stacked doing that and I also follow the "shoot what's lit" rule

Very iffy story
Only way to stack multiballs is so start multiballs. To start them you have to hit the snake a bunch, the captive ball a bunch, and the increasingly challenging grave marker a bunch. Pardon me if that doesn't really sound like just bashing the middle.

Did you go into Crank It Up?

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

and did it by pretty much just bashing the center targets, and not really caring at all about the rules. Just keeping the ball in play.

Quoted from Astropin:

tamoore was around for much of the game and would say stuff like "you need to hit this or need to hit that x more times".....so I would.

You guys need to get your story straight! So was he telling you "just bash the center target, ok go for Sparky, hit Sparky, now shoot up the middle for Sparky?" Iffy

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I also agree that when playing I look more to complete the game, the modes and the strategy rather than just score high.

Which works well because the CIUs are worth so much more.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Metallica has two spinners, with really satisfying sounds when you rip them.

I will say I'm not heartbroken that Pros are spinnerless. Once super important to machines, even the #1 target, I find spinners in modern games really don't do it for me. I guess they make noises which is cool but without the points it isn't the same. (didn't want to say pointless)

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Having Metallica now in the top 10 makes me question the review system on Pinside...

You've been hear almost 3 years and this is what finally put you over the top?

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I would like to be able to cancel the sparky sequence and animation. It's cool the first time, but after that, please kill it? k?

No doubt there...Sure you get some sips of beer in but still...let's go already

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Always returning to Sparky MB is the key to unlimited hits towards CIU. Sparky is near zero risk and I have yet to hear a compelling reason against this strategy.... And once in CIU you get Battery for even more low risk Sparky bashing!

Turn your magnets on

I never get Sparky before CIU #1...leave him ready for right after CIU to help get to CIU #2

#148 9 years ago

I never go strictly for blackened...one of those things that happens naturally as I progress through the MBs to CIUs. I will never deny that it can feel grindy; you have to collect so many of each thing that it's just going to end up that way. Only by lighting more chances to collect items can you speed it up...throw a MB in there to help you along the way. To me it seems weighted very well though...and I usually prefer a true mode based DMD.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

It has fallen from 10 to 14 since I posted this last week.

As with every single "Game X is in the top 10" thread in history.
ACDC Has survived but I'm sure it was booted out initially....and that was #1 for a hot minute

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

as it's widely regarded as having a nice shot layout,

Beisdes the LE owners installing a newton ball to make a shot

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep. Kind of like Whysnow did recently when he rated Mustang a 3.5. Sorry, but if you are being remotely objective, there is no way that pin can be rated that low.

It's a scale of 10, so it has the ability to rate games at a 3 level. It may sound low, but its consistent rating with other games...so no big woop

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

there are no logical facts, the ratings are people opinions...you'll find "10" reviews with comments to the effect of "its the bestest ever and it craps rainbos its so good". It all averages out.

Although you seem to be a tad negative lately , I pretty much agree with what you're saying. There are the haters that rank is super low because they don't want it high on the list, and that sort of balances out the people that own it and rank it super high ASAP.
To me throwing a 3 at a machine with no explanation is the same as giving it a 9.5 and saying "I bet sometime when Lyman gets the code done I bet it's going to be awesome!"

But that's ratings talk...and we always talk aboot these same issues.

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I don't buy it, the Beast shot is just not that difficult, and the designer designed it that way.

I'm not weighing in either way...the little I played of it I didn't think it was that bad either, but it seems to be a bee in a lot of people's bonnets.

Quoted from tamoore:

Some of my favorite games are SEGA's.

Quoted from DevilsTuner:

me too. During my youth at pinball collecting I always was a huge DE advocator.

Get a room you two! A sad, cheaply made, amaturishly painted, hotel room with horrible call outs coming down the hallway
Kidding --> <--

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

for example, tron could have been great, but the 3 flipper layout ruined the gameplay IMO.

Blame that one on Funhouse

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-finally-in-the-top-10-where-do-you-rate-it?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.