Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unnamed (1).jpg
image.jpg
seek.jpg
IMG_0098.JPG
IMG_0099.JPG
IMG_0101.JPG
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

damn shipping company....

IMG_0098.JPGIMG_0098.JPGIMG_0099.JPGIMG_0099.JPGIMG_0101.JPGIMG_0101.JPG

#2 9 years ago

That suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

#3 9 years ago

Is driving a forklift really rocket science?

#4 9 years ago

Seriously? Why would they even complete delivery once that happened? It should have been rerouted right back to Stern. That's awful.

On the bright side, at least they were obviously "trucking" it from the proper side. Probably Stern's fault for not saying where on that side to truck it from. lol

#5 9 years ago

Damn hilo drivers

#6 9 years ago

Holy crap….

#7 9 years ago

yeah really sucks was so excited, bought all the mods, shaker motor, whole thing, everything arrived today...then this...

I agree though why even bring it this far? was clearly destroyed.

#8 9 years ago

Sorry to see that

#9 9 years ago

Ouch, that looks like it was rubbing on something during transit. Good thing you cought it before you accepted it. Sorry to hear about that man.....

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

I agree though why even bring it this far? was clearly destroyed.

Because you'd be surprised how many people don't know / don't care / don't inspect packages on delivery. The trucking company will now have to file a claim e.t.c. with their insurance company (which they obviously do not like doing). Hence, they take the gamble in delivering it to see if you'll sign for it.

Jacked up biz practice? Absolutely, but such is life sometimes...

Hopefully Stern and/or your distrib can get a replacement out to you quickly...

#11 9 years ago

Curious is that big hole in the bottom of the game, or on the side?

#12 9 years ago

The shipping company had a lot of balls even showing up with that! Damned Ham fisted forklift operators

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think it was the back of the cabinet since it had some coloration.
but not totally sure.

#14 9 years ago

Holy #*%* I would have cried, then turned over some tables!

#15 9 years ago

That hole was definately made from the inside of the box!

Looks like sparky made a break for it!!

#16 9 years ago

Since it's at the top end of the "Truck this side", it would be a hole in the bottom, right about the coin box.

#17 9 years ago

that sucks. in my 20 years using a forklift, i have yet to fork something ... just total laziness

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The shipping company had a lot of balls even showing up with that!

It's in their best interest to have you accept it, so they deliver it.

Most people accept truck delivery not knowing that once you accept it, you are screwed. It's not UPS, lol.

#19 9 years ago

Op, I'm glad you caught it.

So, people take time off from work waiting for a game that is known to be damaged but still being delivered because its in best interest for company to get one over on a customer?

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

So, people take time off from work waiting for a game that is known to be damaged but still being delivered because its in best interest for company to get one over on a customer?

Once you sign the bill of lading, it's all over.

They will not process any claims from you.

So, the shipper will bring even the most damaged carton to your driveway hoping your wife signs for it.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Ouch, that looks like it was rubbing on something during transit

Yeah, it's been rubbing on a fork from a forkhoist.

Quoted from herg:

Since it's at the top end of the "Truck this side", it would be a hole in the bottom, right about the coin box.

Spot on ...

rd

#22 9 years ago

how common is this? this has totally freaked me out about buying shipped games. what if this had been from a pinsider etc. how would that work?

#23 9 years ago

how common is this? this has totally freaked me out about buying shipped games. what if this had been from a pinsider etc. how would that work?

I've bought 6 or 7 NIB and have had no damage at all. I'm knocking on wood.

That really sucks. A true kick in the nuts. Sorry for your troubles.

#24 9 years ago

Very uncommon for NIB games, but I does happen from time-to-time.

#25 9 years ago

saw another thread on here somewhere and same thing happened to a TRON LE !!

#26 9 years ago

Hopefully it can be replaced as I imagine stock on premium MET's is getting quite low...

Rob

#28 9 years ago

that sucks!

seek.jpgseek.jpg

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Assuming the pin was packaged properly by STERN, that hole would go right up through the bottom of the cabinet right up by the coin door - probably smacked the metal coin box inside up into the flipper and sling mechs. The "truck this side only" is always (at least supposed to be) the bottom surface of the cabinet.

I've been reading a lot of threads on shipping pins and have seen MANY people post about fork lift holes in through the sides of their pins.

Just a few months ago I went and picked up a brand NIB pin at the dock and was watching the forklift guy fly around - he missed a handful of other freighted objects by literally inches - and that was with him knowing I was watching! You'd be surprised at how openly careless some people can be. There's also the other end of the spectrum with the guys that are super careful when using their equipment - just hope you get them working on your shipment.

#31 9 years ago

Hole should be on the bottom of the machine near the coin door(assuming the standard method of boxing a game).

#32 9 years ago

I'm picking up my pin at the terminal tomorrow. I'll take a xanax. lol

Sorry about your pin.

#34 9 years ago

Stern is sold out on them now. Its looking grim getting a replacement.
Luckily our distributor is awesome to work with

#35 9 years ago

Happened to my MOP last year. My wife refused to accept it. I called JJ and he worked it out for me. I ended up going and inspecting the machine, detailing the damage, and taking delivery of the machine. The backbox was damaged on mine, on one side. JJ had Stern send me a new backbox separately, plus some $$$ for the labor to install it.

#36 9 years ago

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#37 9 years ago

That's forking ridiculous!

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from mudflap:

I'm picking up my pin at the terminal tomorrow. I'll take a xanax. lol
Sorry about your pin.

You better, because if you show up at the terminal and you find what I found when I went to the terminal to "safely pick up my Jackbot" you'll probably have a coronary.

#39 9 years ago

needless to say I may be looking to buy a metallica premium in the los angeles area..

#40 9 years ago

Bummer. I hope you can find another one.

#41 9 years ago

Must be sort of common. Had the exact same thing happen to my first Met Pro. Very exciting to see the truck pull up and then...is that a hole in the box? Is that a hole in the...? Nooooooooo! Cointaker made it right even though I forgot to take pics like you did, but it took three weeks for another one to roll out. By the time the second one got there, I pretty much expected it to have holes in it...

#42 9 years ago

I had an ironman shipped legs on that got a fork lift through the side of the screen printed unreplaceable art cabinet. Insurance paid for what I could get a repair quoted at, but obviously repair would never look right since no decals available.

#43 9 years ago

I had a hole in my Star Trek Premium box, but it didn't actually pierce the cabinet luckily.

#44 9 years ago

Stern is sold out on them now. Its looking grim getting a replacement.
Luckily our distributor is awesome to work with

Maybe your distributor will have a never-plaid, lightly-patched version for sale soon that you could get in on at a good price!

#45 9 years ago

what a pity... good luck for the next/new one

#46 9 years ago

It's being sent back to stern, they are giving a new cabinet and resending back.
Thanks to pinball refinery for their amazing customer care.

#47 9 years ago

It's being sent back to stern, they are giving a new cabinet and resending back.
Thanks to pinball refinery for their amazing customer care.

Sounds like a good resolution. But sorry you had to go through all the stress (and are posting here instead of playing your game right now)!

#48 9 years ago

That Does Suck 4 U and the Dist- .. I was just talk-n to a dist- the other day .. He brought up Cases like Yr's where the Trucking Co- had damaged a pin in Transit , It was refused and sent back to Stern ,, Causing the Dist- to Purchase another NIB and having Stern send it to the Customer ,, meaning the Distributor has the Cash value ( his Cost ) of 2 NIB Pins Owed to him .. He said it Will take 6 to 8 weeks for the Trucking company to send a adjuster to Evaluate the damage and another 30 days for the dist- to get a check .. It Seems to SUCK all the Way around ,,

Especially Now , that Stern has No More Metallica Monsters N Stock .. Good Luck , I Hope U get another

#49 9 years ago

Great lineup OP!

Glad it worked out.

#50 9 years ago

Amazing... Its not that freakin hard to drive a fork lift!
Here is a hilarious fork lift safety training video:

The farther into the video, the funnier it gets!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-finally-arrivedand-left and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.