Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

installed-under-pf (resized).jpg
fuel-gauge2-metallica (resized).jpg

#1 81 days ago

Just finished the design for the plug and play bracket for the F-U-E-L gauge on Metallica. I know this is not as hot a machine as Iron Maiden, but this really needed to be done to offer a clean solution. Still working on dialing in the colors (the one between full yellow and full green will be changing for sure), but these should be available pretty soon.

There are no "bumpers" on the end to key it like the Iron Maiden because there's a notch on the bottom that goes around a board in the way on the underside of the playfield. If you have it oriented wrong, it won't fit. Also, I didn't know how consistent Stern was with their screw locations because these are individual light boards, so I made them oval to allow for a pretty good range of adjustment.
fuel-gauge2-metallica (resized).jpg

And how it looks installed:

Here are some other plug and play mods:
Iron Maiden Light Tree Mod for colored mode lights:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-colored-mode-lens-tree-mod

Spike quiet fan upgrade kit:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

ColorDMD gasket for Stern machines with the angled speaker panel:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-gasket-for-angled-stern-speaker-panels

#3 80 days ago
Quoted from modfather:

very cool , nicely done.

Thanks. Test-fitting this version today, will take a pic or two.

EDIT: Test fit was too snug. Forgot to allow room for the sling coil plungers on the left and the right that are *right there*, so revised the sides to be thinner. Picture in the OP is the revised frame.

#6 79 days ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Let's see a pic of it installed!

I haven't got the gel colors finalized so no topside picture yet, but here's what it looks like installed. I left leeway on the screw holes and the little board bracket hump at the bottom to allow for slight assembly differences at the factory.

#7 75 days ago

These are available in the pinside store I just opened to keep track of all these mods, Pin Monk. International isn't working in that store yet, so PM me if you're international and I'll get you a shipping quote.

#8 75 days ago

Nice work!

#9 69 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

These are available in the pinside store I just opened to keep track of all these mods, Pin Monk. International isn't working in that store yet, so PM me if you're international and I'll get you a shipping quote.

Nice.

Will you be doing something similar for the Fuel F-U-E-L lights?
e.g.
F Red > U Orange > E Yellow > L Green?

#10 69 days ago

dammit. just when I told myself no more spending money on mods... but I bought one. nicely done!!

#11 69 days ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Nice.
Will you be doing something similar for the Fuel F-U-E-L lights?
e.g.
F Red > U Orange > E Yellow > L Green?

Possible. But getting people to agree on colors is a challenge. Some want all one color for those target insert lights, too.

I've also had requests to do the 4 big white lights (cross, power switch, coffin, snake) below the Fuel gauge and will be doing that one after I get a bunch of these Iron Maiden Fireball/Eddie card brackets and the X-Men ones released.

1 month later
#12 34 days ago

The Metallica bracket people requested for the four large inserts below the FUEL gauge is done and should be up in the store soon. Snake color was the only real question mark. The inserts it's matching on the playfield are orange, but the snake is green, so it seems like green is the more natural fit even though it won't match the snake inserts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
Machine - For Sale
Deerfield, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside