553281_10201082865252565_1040461589_n..jpg
561792_10151540423654244_2097539566_n..jpg
metallica_LE.jpg
metallica_pro.jpg
images.jpeg
images-1.jpeg
metal.jpg
13.jpg
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It doesn't make much sense to announce a "premium" model until all of the LE units are sold out. If people know they can pick-up a fully featured game at a discount price in the future there isn't much urgency created into why they need to buy in now before even getting a chance to play it.

Nah, it makes sense. The LE price isn't THAT far off from the Premium price, and if AC/DC's LEs are a barometer, it's almost guaranteed to go up in value. You can buy AC/DC Premium for ~$6 all day long but for some reason BIB & LTBR LE sell for $10k+ ...collectors want LE version even if it's the same damn game, so - unleash them both!!!

#52 11 years ago

To those wondering why The Four Horseman wasn't included it doesn't surprise me one bit since it was written by Dave Mustaine

#53 11 years ago

I wonder if there will be a "Kill Napster" multiball

#54 11 years ago

Dont forget bear share!

#55 11 years ago

They should find a way to tribute Cliff.

#56 11 years ago

I wil still picture it as the Cryptkeeper in the chair and waiting on Eddie ideas for Iron Maiden so please incourage them to make it next year.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I wonder if there will be a "Kill Napster" multiball

That's funny!

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah, it makes sense. The LE price isn't THAT far off from the Premium price, and if AC/DC's LEs are a barometer, it's almost guaranteed to go up in value. You can buy AC/DC Premium for ~$6 all day long but for some reason BIB & LTBR LE sell for $10k+ ...collectors want LE version even if it's the same damn game, so - unleash them both!!!

I agree with you 90%, but AC/DC was a HUUUUGE hit. What do the numbers look like on Avengers? Have those premiums started shipping? Avengers LEs certainly didn't catch fire the way LTBR and BIB did.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Yes sir, I had it too. Saw them open for WASP in '84 with Armored Saint. Sheesh that was a LONG time ago.

W.A.S.P.?
Who the eff is W.A.S.P.?

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

W.A.S.P.?
Who the eff is W.A.S.P.?

Like the avatar.

#61 11 years ago

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what they should have is Lady justice in the center and everytime you hit it, a chunk falls out, or rocks back and forth, and then breaks apart like a MM tower. Have the pieces fit together like slide blocks attached to cable lines. Once retracted they zip back into place, completing the statue. Either way I wouldn't be buying the game, but if I was designing it, I would try and use some of the effects from the Tours from, And Justice for all....ect.

Like that old Namco shooting game? Quick n' Crash? LOL. I would love to see something like that on a pin...

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I agree with you 90%, but AC/DC was a HUUUUGE hit. What do the numbers look like on Avengers? Have those premiums started shipping? Avengers LEs certainly didn't catch fire the way LTBR and BIB did.

They didn't know it was a huge before releasing it...but they planned the LEs, Prem and Pro and announced them simultaneously. Avengers is partially a victim of release timing, partially a victim of itself. It was released while X-Men had unresolved issues, and GG's previous game was TF which had its own issues. Photoshop art didn't help. Cheap cube didn't help. Hulk toy is OK but not that compelling. Bridge lift doesn't enhance the experience in any way. Early reviews cited problems with hangups, shooter probs, etc. Fake voices don't help. Price hike on top of that...it's a fun game but no one's really bending over backwards to get one. Metallica, whether warranted or not, is going to get a boost from AC/DC's stellar reputation. Lyman's behind the wheel, so IMO - it's warranted. The BOM looks to be insane, so I don't feel totally awful about the high prices. 4 fully animating/interactive toys, metal ramps and wireforms, totally custom art, 3 inline drops, 2 scoops, 3 magnets, color changing inserts & GI ...Metallica definitely seems like more bang for the buck than Avengers.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I wil still picture it as the Cryptkeeper in the chair and waiting on Eddie ideas for Iron Maiden so please incourage them to make it next year.

Dude, there is not going to be an Iron Maiden Pin, no matter how many times you or "we" post about it. There are literaly dozens of band themes that are a safer bet / return on investment for Stern. Im not saying it would not be cool, but its not going to happen. If I were you I would start working on a retheme concept. That may be your only option. If I'm wrong I will buy you an Iron Maiden shirt to wear next to the pin, and post in a new thread "PEN was wrong and all I got was this awesome t-shirt."

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

.Metallica definitely seems like more bang for the buck than Avengers.

I think so too. Hey, I played Avengers LE and Transformers LE ...and liked Transformers better!

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The BOM looks to be insane, so I don't feel totally awful about the high prices. 4 fully animating/interactive toys, metal ramps and wireforms, totally custom art, 3 inline drops, 2 scoops, 3 magnets, color changing inserts & GI ...Metallica definitely seems like more bang for the buck than Avengers.

I agree completely. Im just not sure about LE prices moving up as drastically as ACDC. We wont know til the game is out and its too late. Guess thats why they call it Speculating.

#67 11 years ago

yea, just like LE prices on TF and Xmen shot up right? NOthing is guaranteed. You run a risk either way, except with the LE, if it sucks your out several more $100 than you would be if you waited and PLAYED IT FIRST! What a novel concept. Play before buying.

#68 11 years ago

Gregs back on the Koolaide lol I will go digging for the post where he swears he will never buy before he plays ever again. I wont. But i am not from hollywood so i stick to my word.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

But i am not from hollywood so i stick to my word.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, just like LE prices on TF and Xmen shot up right? NOthing is guaranteed. You run a risk either way, except with the LE, if it sucks your out several more $100 than you would be if you waited and PLAYED IT FIRST! What a novel concept. Play before buying.

Or like ACDC, the LE puts 6k back in your pocket lol

#71 11 years ago

Please see my clarification from the designer for the pro and the electric chair in my other thread
thanks guys

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Gregs back on the Koolaide lol I will go digging for the post where he swears he will never buy before he plays ever again. I wont. But i am not from hollywood so i stick to my word.

Um...I think there's a difference between changing my mind on transactions that only relate to ME vs. f*cking someone else over....

Yeah, after TF I said I wouldn't buy a game without playing it. So - I didn't buy AC/DC. Then I played it and bought it...lol. X-Men I took a shot. Avengers I wanted to play it first. This one just seems like pure magic so I'm taking a shot. Who is harmed by this? *shrug*

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Dude, there is not going to be an Iron Maiden Pin, no matter how many times you or "we" post about it. There are literaly dozens of band themes that are a safer bet / return on investment for Stern. Im not saying it would not be cool, but its not going to happen. If I were you I would start working on a retheme concept. That may be your only option. If I'm wrong I will buy you an Iron Maiden shirt to wear next to the pin, and post in a new thread "PEN was wrong and all I got was this awesome t-shirt."

Will you sign my LE translite for my Trooper LE edition "Pen was wrong", thanks!!

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

MET LE is going to be over $7,000 if someone pays $13,000 for one in a few months to a year... Never mind this is becoming Beanies Babies for grown men.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Will you sign my LE translite for my Trooper LE edition "Pen was wrong", thanks!!

Yes

The value of my signature is up there with the ewok on the far left in the third endor scene.

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

this is becoming Beanies Babies for grown men.

And look what happened to them....

#77 11 years ago

Latest pic!

561792_10151540423654244_2097539566_n..jpg561792_10151540423654244_2097539566_n..jpg

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

And look what happened to them....

I worked at a novelty shop (Gags and Gifts) when I was a 19 year old punk rocker. I had to mediate between middle age women fighting over Beanies with intentionally collectable low production numbers. It was a riot. The best part is they were fighting over stuffed animals, while the "toys" in the back room were rarely looked at by anyone but guys.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I had to mediate between middle age women fighting over Beanies with intentionally collectable low production numbers.

Oh, I know...I still have 5 BIG boxes of them....Ebay soooon

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Never mind this is becoming Beanies Babies for grown men.

I've thought this many, many times.

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Who is harmed by this?

lol Greg I GOT YOU. haha this will fuel or facebook conversations till ST comes out! You wouldnt expect any less from me would you....... :)Hook line and sinker!

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

that's a rare exception, just like Tron. You going to pull the trigger on every LE that comes out in hopes that you land the 5% that actually go up in value?

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's a rare exception, just like Tron. You going to pull the trigger on every LE that comes out in hopes that you land the 5% that actually go up in value?

Most of the people on pinside will yes. Your beating a dead horse and raising my blood pressure neo stop lol

#85 11 years ago

And even then you would have to sell the game. Then no game…

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

No, I'm buying the game cuz I want the game.

If the value goes up, maybe I'll sell it and buy a Premium

Whatevs. Looking forward to 100's more price-bitching Neo posts.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what they should have is Lady justice in the center and everytime you hit it, a chunk falls out, or rocks back and forth, and then breaks apart like a MM tower. Have the pieces fit together like slide blocks attached to cable lines. Once retracted they zip back into place, completing the statue. Either way I wouldn't be buying the game, but if I was designing it, I would try and use some of the effects from the Tours from, And Justice for all....ect.

For a guy who has been bashing Metallica and repeatedly saying you would never buy it, you know an awful lot about the band, it's history and you like to offer what you would have done on this pin from a bunch of sketches and pictures? How did you know about lady justice falling apart like it did in their shows on the and justice for all tour? Me thinks you likely metallica and deep down you really want one. If you didn't you wouldn't be whining about this pin on all these threads!

#88 11 years ago

Just because I don't care for them, doesn't mean I don't know about them. I have many friends that are hardcore Metallica fans and being a tour manager for 10 years, I heard all about the glory days and showmanship. Just because I don't like them, doesn't mean I can't appreciate them as a band and what they contribute to rock.

#89 11 years ago

Can't say I'm a big fan of the theme, but from what I've seen thus far, this Pin actually looks quite fun IMHO - like the looks of the layout and toys proposed... Actually quite shocking... (pun intended?)

#90 11 years ago

I guess I missed the announcement so the pics will be released tomorrow?

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

STERN- the Worlds most misleading pinball company.

Wasn't WOZ supposed to ship in 2011? 2012? March 2013? Interactive Topper?

Just sayin'.

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

They should find a way to tribute Cliff.

Yea I am also disappointed there weren't images of he and Jason.... keeping in mind Jason was in the band longer than Cliff or Robert.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

W.A.S.P.?
Who the eff is W.A.S.P.?

They are sexual perverts.

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

They are sexual perverts.

lol so so true

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I actually had that T back in the day. The guy glowed in the dark, it was pretty cool.

Me too

#96 11 years ago

You want nothing to do with anything W.A.S.P.

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You want nothing to do with anything W.A.S.P.

WhaaWhat

Come on. 56 year old Blackie STILL rocks. (bloated...maybe, but he still has the pipes)

#98 11 years ago

Looks like the Hammer toy is gone.

553281_10201082865252565_1040461589_n..jpg553281_10201082865252565_1040461589_n..jpg

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Looks like the Hammer toy is gone.

Pro?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 149.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 25.50
7,600 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-electric-chair-toy/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.