You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

122.jpg
IMG_1886.jpg
IMG_1888.jpg
IMG_1885.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zenomorp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hey everyone. New to the forums. Been a long time member over at KLOV and I've been meaning to register here for a while but I just haven't gotten around to it. Well, I finally have the motivation to do so. I have a Metallica Premium Road Case with the latest software (1.5) and I'm having an issue with the middle drop target. It's way too sensitive. Sometimes it falls as soon as I start a game, other times it will fall just from using the flippers. The first one and last one work perfectly. I can't even recall a time since it was new (yes, I purchased it NIB) that it ever worked properly. Is there a way to adjust it? I looked the whole assembly over and didn't see anything that I could do right off hand. Here is a video to help. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!...

#5 10 years ago

Thanks guys! I contacted Stern about the fix and possibly a replacement assembly. In the mean time, I'll do what "tktlwyr" has suggested. Also, tktlwyr, I assume your gavel comment has to do with it coming to hit the ball and misses because the ball is not in the magnet. I have found that the 1.5 code has fixed this somewhat. Now when the gavel misses, the magnet will stay active and it will actuate again on the next captive ball hit so you don't have to hit the captive ball 9 more times or whatever.

#6 10 years ago

No reply from Stern yet, but I was able to fix the issue by simply heating and bending the plastic drop target a bit. Now it stays up just fine. Thanks everyone for the advice. I also just installed the "Start Fuel" decal that was missing from my playfield. Long story short, when Stern sent me the wrong cab (ordered a Premium Road Case and got a Premium Dirty Donny), to make up for it, they sent me the road case cabinet art and an LE decal sheet. Today I got at the "Start Fuel" target and installed the decal from the LE decal sheet. The decal has been missing since I got the cabinet. Just wanted to share....

IMG_1885.jpgIMG_1885.jpg IMG_1886.jpgIMG_1886.jpg IMG_1888.jpgIMG_1888.jpg
#8 10 years ago

Only the Premium and LE have it.

#10 10 years ago

That's strange. All the literature, pictures, etc that I have seen has the decal on both the Premium and LE. Maybe the DD didn't have it. Hmm.

#15 10 years ago

In essence, yes, the blue target starts double scoring but I liked the decal, so I applied it based on all the pics of the Premium and LE playfields having it on there.

#19 10 years ago

I'm only basing my comment of the Premium and LE on the fact that the pictures of the playfields on Stern's website shows them being there. The Pro pictures don't.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zenomorp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-drop-target-too-sensitive?tu=Zenomorp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.